PSP Unbricking Service

just making sure my pupil is observant because your button needs pressing a few times when you are a bit dim pmsl

sorry master thats wat happens when u work with supermoto al all day as hes a bit thick lol

Could we have that battery please? :)

sent the PSP off to them today, phoned em up and asked what the turn-a-round was, and they said next day majority of the time.

i ordered a PS2 chip at the same time, so gonna chip my PS2 this weekend or maybe Monday.

sent the PSP off to them today, phoned em up and asked what the turn-a-round was, and they said next day majority of the time.

i ordered a PS2 chip at the same time, so gonna chip my PS2 this weekend or maybe Monday.

not bad service,how did it go wrong was it when it was downgrading,or did it not come back on after downgrade,,the least your mate can do is pay half

i was doing the 2.80 downgrader, supposd to be the easy downgrader.

problem was, the readme file, all in german.

2.80 - EASY Downgrader 0.1 by csfreakno1

Als vorsichtsmaßnahme bitte ich darum dieses Readme erst komplett durchzulesen und dann erst
den Downgrade der Firmware 2.80 durchzuführen.
Eine sichere Installation ist nur dann zu gewährleisten, wenn der Benutzer über den Vorgang
und die Risiken vollkommen aufgeklärt wurde.

EASY Downgarde von 2.80 - 1.50
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Ladete euch den 2.80 - EASY Downgrader 0.1 by csfreakno1 runter.
(Welchen ihr hirmit wohl bereits besitzt).
2. Entpackt den 2.80 - EASY Downgrader zu einem beliebigen Zwischenspeicherort.
3. Geht sicher, das ihr das nicht unerstützte TA-082 Mainboard, nicht besitzt!
Das findet ihr indem herraus, das ihr eurer Mainboard mit dem auf dem mitgelieferten
TA-082.JPG Screenshot vergleicht.
Besitzt ihr das TA-082 Mainboard, dann sofort hier abbrechen!, sonst brickt ihr eure PSP.
Alle andere werden unterstützt und ihr könnt hier Gefahrlos weitermachen.
4. Stellt sicher das auf eurer PSP die Systemsoftware 2.80 installiert ist, solltes das
nicht der fall sein, müsst ihr zwangshaft ein Update auf die Systemsoftware 2.80 machen.
Informationen dazu erhaltet ihr unter folgenden Link:
www.homebrewpsp.iphpbb.com

Wird dieser 2.80 - EASY Downgrader mit einer anderen Systemsoftware als der
vorrausgesetzten 2.80 durchgeführt, wird die PSP höchstwahrscheinlich
Gebrickt!

Nachdem jetzt alle Hürden überwunden sind, kann die eigentliche Installation Beginnen.

1. Formatiert als erstes euren Memory Stick.
Es werden alle Memory Sticks unterstützt!
Bei der Formatierung ist es irrelevant ob ihr ihn via PSP oder via PC formatiert.
2. Startet nun die 2.80 - 1.50.exe.
Als Installationsziel muss eure PSP, die mit dem PC verbunden ist, ausgewählt werden.
Diese wird meist als "Wechseldatenträger" unter Windows erkannt.
Danach den Kopiervorgang mit "Weiter" bestätigten. Der Vorgang läuft Automatisch ab.
Der vorgang kann einige Minuten in anspruch nehmen.
3. Startet nun eure PSP, und geht in das Photo Menü der PSP. Dort müsst ihr den eLoader
Starten, der mit dem Namen "xLoader" versehen ist.
Wichtig ist das eure PSP eine mindest Batterie Leistung von 75% hat.
Zusätzlich müsst ihr eure PSP noch am A/C, bzw. der Steckdose, anschliessen.
4. Auf dem Bildschirm sollte jetzt eigentlich wieder das XMB erscheinen erscheinen.
Geht nun ins Game Menü wo man Homebrews Startet und Startet den Downgrader.
Bei diesem 2.80 - EASY Downgrader sind aber alle nötigen Datein vorhanden und es
sollte Problemlos weitergehen.
5. Jetzt sollte er Downgraden.
Dies nimmt einige Minuten in anspruch und ihr solltet dabei keinerlei Tasten Drücken.
Nach dem Vorgang Startet die PSP automatisch / manuell neu.
6. Nach dem die PSP nun neugestartet ist, müsst ihr den Memory Stick Formatieren.
Sollte ein Fehlerbildschirm auftauchen, den nur mit "O" bestätigen.
Danach könnt ihr wieder ganz normal mit eurer PSP umgehen.
7. Nun habt ihr erfolgreich die Systemsoftware 1.50 auf eurer PSP installiert.

Informationen
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Für jegliche Fragen rund ums Downgraden oder rund um die Homebrew Szene bin ich immer per ICQ
erreichbar: SUPPORT EINGESTELLT!

Haftung
Falls ihr eure PSP mit diesem Package gebrickt habt, überneheme ich keine Haftung!
Die Gefahr, die PSP zu bricken beim Flashen/Downgraden ist allseits bekannt.
Diese Package ist nicht in Frage zu stellen, da es von mehreren Benutzern schon erfolgreich
genutzt wurde.

Viel Spass mit eurer neuen PSP mit der Systemsoftware 1.50.
Und vielen dank an Ookm.

©csfreakno1

www.homebrewpsp.iphpbb.com

Changelog

- Einfache Installation des Downgraders 2.80.

the game folder had message game cannot be started, so i went to photo folder, and homebrew image came on, i exited that and tried again, and got error and it said restart PSP, fecking thing never came back on, only green light.

EASY Downgarde of 2.80 - 1.50 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Ladete you the 2,80 - EASY Downgrader 0,1 by csfreakno1 down. (you hirmit probably already possess which). 2. Unpacked the 2,80 - EASY Downgrader to any buffer place. 3. you make sure the unerstuetzte TA-082 Main board, do not possess! Finding it by gentleman out, which compares it your Main boards with on the provided TA-082.JPG screen SHOT. If you possess the TA-082 Main board, then break off immediately here!, otherwise you brickt your PSP. _ all different one support and you can continue here safe. 4. Surely to your PSP the system software 2,80 is installed, being supposed being if that sets not the case its, must you obligationful an update on the system software 2,80 make. To information in addition receive you under the following left: www.homebrewpsp.iphpbb.com Becomes these 2,80 - EASY Downgrader with another system software than the vorrausgesetzten 2,80 accomplished, the PSP becomes most likely Gebrickt! After all hurdles are overcome now, the actual installation beginnings can. 1. Formatted first your MEMORY stick. All MEMORY sticks are supported! During formatting it is irrelevant whether their it via PSP or via PC formatted. 2. Now the 2,80 - 1.50.exe start. As an installation goal your PSP, which is connected with the PC, must be selected. This is usually recognized as "removable data carrier" under Windows. Confirmed afterwards the copying process with "far one". The procedure runs off automatic. The procedure can take some minutes up. 3. Now your PSP starts, and goes into the photo menu of the PSP. There must you eLoader starting, which is provided with the name "more xLoader". Importantly that is mindest your PSP one battery output of 75% has. Additionally must you your PSP still at the A/C, and/or the plug socket, attach. 4. On the screen should now actually again the XMB appear to appear. Now menu goes where one to Homebrews starts and starts the Downgrader into the Game. With this 2,80 - EASY Downgrader are however all necessary Datein present and it should problem-free continue. 5. Now it should Downgraden. This takes some minutes and it should thereby to no keys up pressures. After the procedure the PSP starts automatically manually again/. 6. After that the PSP now is started again, must it the MEMORY stick formatting. A pattern indicating defects screen should emerge, which confirm only with "O". Afterwards can deal you again completely normally with your PSP. 7. Now successfully the system software for her 1,50 on your PSP installed. Information ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- For any questions around the Downgraden or around the Homebrew scene I am always attainable approximately approximately by ICQ: SUPPORT ADJUSTED! Adhesion ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If it your PSP with this Package gebrickt, ueberneheme I no adhesion! The danger, which is PSP to bricken with the Flashen/Downgraden all-side well-known. This Package is not to be questioned, since it was already successfully used by several users. Much fun with your new PSP with the system software 1.50. And thank you at Ookm. ©csfreakno1

it may be the one that had eloader and xloader in the photo menu

here is a quote of psp vault where it had the same downgrader but on the webpage it told u in english
DO NOT TRY TO LOAD THE DOWNGRADER USING THE ELOADER. ELOADER AND XLOADER ARE DIFFERENT. USING THE ELOADER WILL SURELY BRICK YOUR PSP.

thats where you may have gone wrong my friend just clicking the wrong loader

http://www.psp-vault.com/Article800.psp

DO NOT TRY TO LOAD THE DOWNGRADER USING THE ELOADER. ELOADER AND XLOADER ARE DIFFERENT. USING THE ELOADER WILL SURELY BRICK YOUR PSP.

yep, i bet that's where i screwed up.

feck......GRRRRRRR..........

hmmm the only 2.80 downgrader i know with the german read me is this 1 : http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/926/

and it says in the download section : Warning: This downgrader does not check if all files are in the correct location before starting the downgrade.
This downgrader is dangerous and will brick your PSP if you don't have all files in the correct location.
Because of this I will not write 'Manual Install' instructions for this downgrader until 'file checks' are put in place

and :IMPORTANT!!: Make sure that you use xLoader rather then eLoader. If you use eLoader your PSP will brick.

if your going to do a 2.80 i would suggest using the 1 i uploaded by calo.
works on any mobo and ive used it a few times with no problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm the only 2.80 downgrader i know with the german read me is this 1 : http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/926/

and it says in the download section : Warning: This downgrader does not check if all files are in the correct location before starting the downgrade.
This downgrader is dangerous and will brick your PSP if you don't have all files in the correct location.
Because of this I will not write 'Manual Install' instructions for this downgrader until 'file checks' are put in place

and :IMPORTANT!!: Make sure that you use xLoader rather then eLoader. If you use eLoader your PSP will brick.

if your going to do a 2.80 i would suggest the using the 1 i uploaded by calo.
works on any mobo and ive used it a few times with no problems.

i agree with kryton,calos downgrader are very good

Last edited by a moderator:
highlander let us know how u get on with the unbrick service m8

damn, that was fast service, i sent if off Thursday, they recieved it Friday and i recieved it back this morning, all fixed.

i would really deffo recommend modchipfitters.com as a quality service company and they have a really quick return service.

damn, that was fast service, i sent if off Thursday, they recieved it Friday and i recieved it back this morning, all fixed.

i would really deffo recommend modchipfitters.com as a quality service company and they have a really quick return service.

this is really good to know, bricking isnt such a worry now :)

what firmware was it when u got it back.
they didnt downgrade it for u did they?lol

what firmware was it when u got it back.
they didnt downgrade it for u did they?lol

yes m8, i got it back as 1.50 firmware.

they ask what you want it returned with.

i chose 1.50, so i could put the latest 3.40 OE f/w on it.

well that was quick highlander bet that guys making a fortune:eater:. as i was finding out more about this battery and see how it exactly works, and this is only best answer I could find about this jigkick battery. I wounder if anyone could recreate this.

the following was posted on another forum;

it is simple
on the memory stick lies "magic" files that arent as magic at all
these files are just the occupying modules that need to be loaded
by the bootloader that resides in the "magic" battery that allows the IPL
to use many of the system control needed modules for writing files to system
the battery which this battery
is no battery at all and is simply a debug hardware connection that
loads directly into KERNEL MEMORY PARTITION the required IPL
that would check against the "maigc" memory stick for any files
that are a NAND BINARY ENCRYPTED image of an entire psp firmware update
this "battery" is more like a standalone base unit that does many debugging
checks for the technicians ...it uses the third battery pin you see where your
batteries connect to ...this port is SERIAL connection ...straight all the way
to the RAM BUS and also has access to the USB FPGA for other interesting
things that are not aware to me ...but i have a technician friend in the brasilian
sao paolo office who i talk with frequently so his words are good
enough for me

In summary :

MAGIC MEMSTICK :
BINARY ENCRYPTED FULL NAND IMAGE
required modules for system control for use by IPL of debug hardware
Logging module for debug log review (log is saved after full write)
and another file used for testing that the system plays well (usually a demo of a psp game ...ie ..No Golf)

MAGIC BATTERY :
simply a 1.1v-3.5v debug unit for connecting thru serial port in battery pin 3
Transmission of data is UNENCRYPTED but uses a XOR algorithm for transmission
(easily parsed and analyzed)
Contains any number of IPLs (different ones for each motherboard revision ie .TA-079, TA-081(problems?), TA-082 etc...)
IPL is loaded into KERNEL MEMORY space ...ME area seems most likely (IPL of psp is same but missing 2 essential modules that debug unit has)
(ipl_mg_modules.bin? and ipl_mg_nanddriver.bin?) possibly
IPL is encrpyted in 3stages ....easily decrypted to show stages ...but not for decrypt each individual stage
Contains a 40x120 column TFT screen for display
Has a SERIAL port for pc connectivity
Seems to have a 32MB ROM IMAGE on Flash possibly ?
8MB of RAM
Nickel-Cadmium Battery Cell (possibly 76 hour battery life)
AC/DC adapter port 15V
and finally it contains 4 buttons (on/off, reset, connect/disconnect, menu)
and arrow keys UP and DOWN for menu

the buttons are for on the spot but is usually the unit is connected to a SONY
linux type pc with common debugging analysis tools for technicians

thats about all i have analyzed that my friend can allow ...if we can get a hold
of the debug unit and possibly copy its ROM then its possible to recreate your own unit

hope that helps

Now all we have to do is re create that battery..

Last edited:
Hi all just to introduce myself a little. I'm Tom one of the owners of modchipfitters. It is actually me who does this downgrade service. Good to hear good feedback though about our services.

Last edited:
nice to see you on here buddy.

well those pics were said to be fake on another forum.
this is a real nice service you are doing though mate, ive heard a few good comments about modchipfitters from various places.

hopefully i will never need to contact you ;) but it's always good to know your around :)
you never know....

Last edited:
Back