PS3 Hacking

i'll let hackmax take over from me!

Also, i ordered a USB from shoppsjailbreak.co* and they took my money on the 13th but have still not received the mod, also the site has now gone. Whatsthe chances of receiving now and how the hell can I get me dollar back. Any 1 heard of this place?

what size of drive do u have in your ps3, the internal drive i mean, not external.

were exactly are u stuck.

have u downloaded a game from newsgroups already?

could u answer my previous question about your hard drive?

what size of drive do u have in your ps3, the internal drive i mean, not external.

Sorry m8, in my ps3 i got a 1TB drive.

Im stuck on everything at the mo cause just learning. When me mod comes i wanna be able to download a game and transfer it over to my ps3. If you can help on what i need to install on me pc and ps3 would be a bonus. Not downloaded a game as yet but will when i know what to do. Cheers for the reply.

out of curiosity, were did u manage to get a 9.5mm 1tb drive from. i didnt think they existed yet. as far as i knew, it was only 12.5mm 1tb drives that were available, which are too thick for the ps3 drive bay.

this would all be easier if u actually had your mod ready to go now.

but u need to install ps3 backup manager on your ps3, u do this by jailbreaking your ps3, then installing the backup manager from a usb pendrive or external hard drive, plugged into your ps3

u would also need the ftp program on your ps3, installed the same as the backup manager. you need a program like flashxp on your pc to transfer the games to the internal drive using a network cable. witchy posted flashxp in the "modnation racers" thread.

to get games, then u are going to need newsgroup access. do u have this?
if not, torrent sites would need to do, or rapidshare etc.

Last edited:
lol I wasn't trying to cause offense ... just did not want hm looking for an FTP client for PS3.

The most stable at the moment is: "blackb0x Releases v1.1 of FTP Server"

I would sugest when your mod arrives your first of all

a) Learn to boot up with the mod and install backup manager
b) Use backup manager to copy a game to the PS3

Once you have done that

c) Install the above FTP server
d) Explore the PS3 file system to see where it copied the game too :)

It all sounds so hard when you are reading with no ability to experiment - but it will all come clear once you start doing it.

Last edited:
out of curiosity, were did u manage to get a 9.5mm 1tb drive from. i didnt think they existed yet. as far as i knew, it was only 12mm 1tb drives that were available, which are too thick for the ps3 drive bay.

this would all be easier if u actually had your mod ready to go now.

but u need to install ps3 backup manager on your ps3, u do this by jailbreaking your ps3, then installing the backup manager from a usb pendrive or external hard drive, plugged into your ps3

u would also need the ftp program on your ps3, installed the same as the backup manager. you need a program like flashxp on your pc to transfer the games to the internal drive using a network cable. witchy posted flashxp in the "modnation racers" thread.

to get games, then u are going to need newsgroup access. do u have this?
if not, torrent sites would need to do, or rapidshare etc.

Yeah the drive is only a 12.5mm thick and I modified the ps3 to fit. It is in formatted & working. It doesnt actually show up as a 1TB put something like a 985gb or around that mark. I put the 320g in my old ps3 which came out the slim. I got the slim cause of the 3,41 firmware which is still on it. The old 1 has 3.50.

I got newsgroups access, with news.demon and NZB MATRIX.

I take it I cant install stuff till get the mod? Can i not install the ftp programmes on ps3 or pc? does it have to be with a ethernet cable or can it transfer wirelessly?

Also, i ordered a USB from shoppsjailbreak.co* and they took my money on the 13th but have still not received the mod, also the site has now gone. Whatsthe chances of receiving now and how the hell can I get me dollar back. Any 1 heard of this place?

just noticed this post you made.

i would say you have got no chance of receiving anything from this mob, or your money back. unless u payed by paypal or credit card, then u might get it back. how much did u pay.

yes modifying it is the only way of getting the drive in. makes more sense now.

u can install flashxp on your pc now if u want, but its pointless. u can do it wireless with this, i think, but it will be alot slower than a cable i would think.

u cant install anything on your ps3 until u have a working hack for it.

yes modifying it is the only way of getting the drive in. makes more sense now.

u can install flashxp on your pc now if u want, but its pointless. u can do it wireless with this, i think, but it will be alot slower than a cable i would think.

u cant install anything on your ps3 until u have a working hack for it.

Ok, I just got the download from the racers thread with thanks. Ill install that on me pc ready. When I get the mod, if I post here somewhere, any chance of the help forward? Cheers Buddy.

Ok, I just got the download from the racers thread with thanks. Ill install that on me pc ready. When I get the mod, if I post here somewhere, any chance of the help forward? Cheers Buddy.

Ol, its only plastic and the cage actually stopping it fitting. Once you get the drive in it works perfectly and the PS3 finds it no problems. The only trouble i did have was when i tried to boot up and asksing for 3.41 firmware as no media installed, had to use 3.41 on usb stick but you have to put it on the stick like:- PS3 - UPDATE - PS3UPDAT.PUP has to go in folders. took me ages to suss that out lol.

no problem.

that site you ordered from, has been sued by sony, as they were one of the official psjailbreak sellers in america. so i wouldnt hold my breath in getting one of these from them. the official psjailbreak has not seen the light of day yet, bar a few samples. this is how all the clones are going around now. sony were seizing all shipments of psjailbreak at hong kong customs.

no problem.

that site you ordered from, has been sued by sony, as they were one of the official psjailbreak sellers in america. so i wouldnt hold my breath in getting one of these from them. the official psjailbreak has not seen the light of day yet, bar a few samples. this is how all the clones are going around now. sony were seizing all shipments of psjailbreak at hong kong customs.

Where would i get 1 from then now without loosing me cash?

I tried using that download and it is corrupt, have you got a copy of the ftp for pc I can get off you?

I tried using that download and it is corrupt, have you got a copy of the ftp for pc I can get off you?
it workd fine mate, just run the flashfxp application from within the folder, it works!

if u paid by credit card or payapl then you could try and get your money back. but i dont know.

if u want a working hack that you will definately get, then i have some teensy boards for sale.

Back