PS3 Hacking

dj_clubber

Member ++
Reaction score
Any chance of a little help in being able to play backups or direct from the hd. My PS3 is on 3.50 as it just updated. I also have a PS3 Jailbreak USB stick ordered but at the moment have no idea on what I need and where to start.

Basically, I want to be able to play downloaded games either on bluray backup or from the hd. I just bought a 1tb internal hd ready in case need to put games on it. Ive heard of something groove and if any ppl can help, please do so. Cheers.

A.

as far as i know mate its no good to you, as you've updated to 3.50, the jailbreak only works on 3.41

At the mo, Im putting in a new fresh HD, it is a 1tb and is completley blank. I got the orig 80g with 3.50 software but if I do not copy the files over to the new hd after i format it with swissknife tomorrow to fat 32, will this not install 3.50 and is there a way of going back to 3.41?

I've heard that there is methods of downgrading the firmware, but I've not seen anything myself yet to confirm

Possibly we might see a homebrew solution for this but it'll still not help you as you can't run homebrew in the first place. All you can hope for is that someone manages to open 4.50. Which, imo will happen, but God knows when.

Ive now managed to get a PS3 with 3.41 on but it keeps asking me to upgrade the firmware. I keep saying no until my PSUSB Mod comes. Will I be ok then and am I right that the MOD doesnt let you upgrade the PS3 and keeping the PS3 working ok in 3.41?

Can I use another USB and copy the mod over for a friend to use also?

How do you put games on the hd etc and if I downloaded games can I use backups or do I put them to bluray then copy to PS3? Any help appreciated please on all this.

A.

dj_clubber;181972 Can I use another USB and copy the mod over for a friend to use also? .[/QUOTE said:
No. it's not a standard USB device. The jailbreak only works with a jailbreak device

If you need help mate.

just google psgroove ps3 jailbreak and look at the links. There are guides and everything out there!!!

Possibly we might see a homebrew solution for this but it'll still not help you as you can't run homebrew in the first place. All you can hope for is that someone manages to open 4.50. Which, imo will happen, but God knows when.

F00k me witchy, you are on 4.50?? lol you always make me laugh, must be that wacky backy mate

As for the OP, you actually took the update after all the comments on here about not doing so?? Your stuck for a while mate, I think a lot of peeps who took the 3.42 are trying to sell them on ebay and grab another from a store, you might think of doing the same, up to you, or wait around

F00k me witchy, you are on 4.50?? lol you always make me laugh, must be that wacky backy mate

As for the OP, you actually took the update after all the comments on here about not doing so?? Your stuck for a while mate, I think a lot of peeps who took the 3.42 are trying to sell them on ebay and grab another from a store, you might think of doing the same, up to you, or wait around

Hi M8, I done that i got one from asda a slim and got a 1tb hd and its on 3.41 and just waiting for me JAILBREAK mod. Got the old 1 with the 320g hd outa the slim and put it in there which is on 3.50 but in the bedroom, joy 2 x ps3 lol. If and h the slim receipt and say it broke, done that before lol.

Back to this 3.41 and mod.

How do you transfer downloaded games for instance off say NZBMATRIX from my pc to ps3. Do I need to put them on a bluray disk or can I use a USB memory stick. What is the easiest & correct way. Just been looking on ebay and you can get 128gb ones now, the only 1 i have is a 2gb. Is there anything special i need to do to be able to put games downloaded onto me ps3?

Back to this 3.41 and mod.

How do you transfer downloaded games for instance off say NZBMATRIX from my pc to ps3. Do I need to put them on a bluray disk or can I use a USB memory stick. What is the easiest & correct way. Just been looking on ebay and you can get 128gb ones now, the only 1 i have is a 2gb. Is there anything special i need to do to be able to put games downloaded onto me ps3?
you ftp them straight from your pc to the ps3 once you've installed a ftp client on your ps3!

you ftp them straight from your pc to the ps3 once you've installed a ftp client on your ps3!

You install an FTP Server on the PS3, not an FTP Client. The client runs on your PC (Or MAC etc.)

Back