Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PS3 bought from ebay

there is a tut in teh stickies to fix the YLOD fault if thats maybe teh probelm

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

my first PS3 suffered from that problem with freezing, sent it away and got a refurbed 60 Gb machine back.

Apparantley now though if you send them away now you just get a 40 Gb one back as the 60 Gb where discontinued awhile ago.

what about consoles with faulty drives? I was thinking about a faulty ps3 aswell they all seem to have dodgy drives!

Any one know about the warranty situation then ????

dont ring sony. sign up for continuous play, its a fiver a month get them to fix it and caancel afterwards (i think the cancellation is 14 days) lots of people have been doing this and sony themselves seem to be advising it.

dont ring sony. sign up for continuous play, its a fiver a month get them to fix it and caancel afterwards (i think the cancellation is 14 days) lots of people have been doing this and sony themselves seem to be advising it.

cool does the warranty seal have to be in tact

does anyone know if the warranty sticker has to be in tact for continuous play???????????
Shall i sign up it keeps freezing but no YLOD and it seems to be very hot !

does anyone know if the warranty sticker has to be in tact for continuous play???????????
Shall i sign up it keeps freezing but no YLOD and it seems to be very hot !

You need the warranty sticker mate.

Sony will just return it.

the warranty sticker has been removed :O even for the extra warranty?
Is there any shop in surrey that will fix this ?

thanks

Actually mate, I think I might be wrong.

Continuous Play is for out of Warranty machines, removing the seal also removes your warranty, since you are paying for a 'out of warranty' insurance plan then I see no reason why you can't claim!

Give it a try, I would.

:)

Actually mate, I think I might be wrong.

Continuous Play is for out of Warranty machines, removing the seal also removes your warranty, since you are paying for a 'out of warranty' insurance plan then I see no reason why you can't claim!

Give it a try, I would.

:)

Cools thanks mate your a star !

I asked them for continuous play they said the seal has to be in tact :(
The screen seems to be fuzzy and freezes other than that when it decides to run properly it it runs fine.
any suggestions ?
Your help would be much appreciated

I asked them for continuous play they said the seal has to be in tact :(
The screen seems to be fuzzy and freezes other than that when it decides to run properly it it runs fine.
any suggestions ?
Your help would be much appreciated

leave it a while and try again, i have read many times about people who have claimed with no warranty sticker, seeing as they swap consoles with you on your doorstep just put it in a box or something ?

who did you ask anyways? sony direct or the continuous play line? because continuous play isnt acturally run by sony.

I agree with Jamesyboyjim.

Just bluff it, the courier will just swap the machines over, he won't check for security seals etc as it's none of his business.

I Googled this and there are loads of reports from people who sent in machines without a sticker and have had no comeback from Sony.

Back