PS3 bought from ebay

I agree with Jamesyboyjim.

Just bluff it, the courier will just swap the machines over, he won't check for security seals etc as it's none of his business.

I Googled this and there are loads of reports from people who sent in machines without a sticker and have had no comeback from Sony.

k il give it a few weeks a try again then

Hi guys just an update: i have opened it up and cleaned out all the dust it was really dirty and cleaned off the heat sink compound and it semms to work at the moment but the fans is very very loud do you think i need to apply new heat sink

note: i didn't re flow the board

Thanks for all your help so far

just applied some new heatsink compund it and it isnt as loud but the console after 30 odd mins starts to freeze again ?

just applied some new heatsink compund it and it isnt as loud but the console after 30 odd mins starts to freeze again ?

havent you signed upto continuous play yet? i received my faulty ps3 yesterday from ebay and sony are replacing it for me on tues ;)

is your seal in tact ?

although it is it was a question that was never asked.

all i said was that i was a member of continuous play and my ps3 had stopped reading any type of disc, thats all i needed (as well as giving them the serial)

although it is it was a question that was never asked.

all i said was that i was a member of continuous play and my ps3 had stopped reading any type of disc, thats all i needed (as well as giving them the serial)

i am going to sign up. How long did you give it before you "claimed"
if i sign up today when do you think i should call ?

Thanks

i am going to sign up. How long did you give it before you "claimed"
if i sign up today when do you think i should call ?

Thanks
If you sign up today, call back on tuesday as i think they are closed over the bank holiday.

I called the next day, but i was feeling cheeky, 08702 405540 is the number i called then press 1.
I said my ps3 wasnt reading discs anymore they asked for the serial and what i had tried and i said a few blu rays a few games a dvd and a music cd and nothing worked (they wasnt interested until every every type of media was confirmed as not being read)

they then said my console was out of warranty to which i replied im a member of continuous play, i was then asked for my reference number which i said i hadnt recieved due to not recieving the confirmation email which im told is quite common, so they took my name + address instead and with a bit of luck someone will turn up on the date arranged :)

hope this helps you prepare what your going to say!

If you sign up today, call back on tuesday as i think they are closed over the bank holiday.

I called the next day, but i was feeling cheeky, 08702 405540 is the number i called then press 1.
I said my ps3 wasnt reading discs anymore they asked for the serial and what i had tried and i said a few blu rays a few games a dvd and a music cd and nothing worked (they wasnt interested until every every type of media was confirmed as not being read)

they then said my console was out of warranty to which i replied im a member of continuous play, i was then asked for my reference number which i said i hadnt recieved due to not recieving the confirmation email which im told is quite common, so they took my name + address instead and with a bit of luck someone will turn up on the date arranged :)

hope this helps you prepare what your going to say!

cool mate i have signed up, i didnt recieve a email either even though it said they were going to send me one through email an the post anyway shall i give my fault of not showing video and sometime's freezing or stick to the bluray drive thing?
Thanks

just tell them about your fault mate but make sure they understand theres no way this could be down to you i.e. your tv / leads etc, i'd say tht you tried the console at a friends house who has a 100% working ps3 using their tv / leads and it still didnt display an image.

just tell them about your fault mate but make sure they understand theres no way this could be down to you i.e. your tv / leads etc, i'd say tht you tried the console at a friends house who has a 100% working ps3 using their tv / leads and it still didnt display an image.

Cool il give it a go on Tuesday but do they deliver with their courier on a saturday or deliver after 4pm ?

still no email from continuous play would i need a cover number if so where would i get it from.

still no email from continuous play would i need a cover number if so where would i get it from.

as said in another post, just say you didnt recieve the confirmation email and therefore dont have your reference number

they can find you on the database by the details you entered :)

as said in another post, just say you didnt recieve the confirmation email and therefore dont have your reference number

they can find you on the database by the details you entered :)

MATE YOUR A LEGEND. They are replacing it on the 26may (only hoiliday:( ) Thanks so much did your console get replaced ?
did they have a look at the sticker?

Thanks Again

MATE YOUR A LEGEND. They are replacing it on the 26may (only hoiliday:( ) Thanks so much did your console get replaced ?
did they have a look at the sticker?

Thanks Again

Thats ok mate glad ur sorted :) mine got replaced today. Everything is working ok so far :)

Thats ok mate glad ur sorted :) mine got replaced today. Everything is working ok so far :)
random.gif

mine packed up a few weeks back, finally got a replacement today, works sweeter than ever :)

mine packed up a few weeks back, finally got a replacement today, works sweeter than ever :)
welcome to the forums mate
playstations customer service is great my replacment is due to come on the 26 so will post back. was your warranty sticker present

Back