Problems with chipped wii and getting on internet

wii little lady

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
We've had our wii since 2008 (from new) and then had it chipped around the same time.
Recently we bought Just Dance 2 (shop bought) and we think since then the chipped games wont work and we cant get on the internet. So I assume nintendo have caught up with us and put a block on the console. All the proper games still work thank god.
I've restored to factory settings and this has taken the chipped prog off but we still cant get on the internet.
I'm not to bothered about the chipped games, as I've never felt comfortable with it being on there anyway.
But I'd like to be able to get on the internet to download extras from the shop bought games etc.
Can anyone advise what we need to do??
Thank you

if i remember correctly,
you just go onto the shopping channel and download the internet channel.

i think its free........

Make sure the security key and security type are entered into the Wii exactly as they appear in your router's settings

Using google to search that error code found the nintendo site:

It looks like an error with your wireless set up

Log into the router using the default IP (consult your router's manual for assistance)
Locate the "wireless security" section of your router settings and find the WEP or WPA key.
If you are using 64-bit encryption, the WEP Key must be a 10-character key consisting of numbers or letters A through F.
If you are using 128-bit encryption, the WEP Key must be a 26-character key consisting of numbers or letters A through F.
The WEP Key must be a Hexadecimal (0-9, A-F, no other special characters or letters).
If your router has multiple slots for a WEP Key, make sure the active key is the one in the #1 slot.
If you are using WPA, the Wii console is compatible with the following types:
WPA - PSK (TKIP)
WPA - PSK (AES)
WPA2 - PSK (AES)
If your WEP or WPA key is correct, then the problem might be related to MAC address filtering:
From the router settings, locate the "MAC address filter" settings (also known as "access control", "access list", or "network filter" depending on your router model).
If the Mac address filter is set to "enabled", then you must add the Wii's MAC address to the "allowed" list. You can locate the Wii's MAC address from the "console information" page (located under "Internet" in the Wii Settings).
If the Mac address filter was disabled, then continue troubleshooting.
Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available).
Check Nintendo's router info for special notes, if available, for your router.
Click here to go to our Wireless Router lookup page.
Use the drop-down box to select, if available, your router manufacturer.
Click on your router's model number, if available.
Read any "special notes" at the top of the router's page. Many issues can be solved by changing settings described in the "special notes."
Ensure that the router is set to broadcast in "mixed" or "b/g" mode. Routers set to "g only" may not be able to allow a successful connection from the Wii console. (The option to change this setting is typically found in the "Wireless" section of your router's settings. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router, if available.)
Try a "Manual Setup" with the Wii console (how to), using your network's IP configuration settings. To access these settings:
On your PC, click "Start" and then "Run."
Type "CMD" into the field that appears to open a new window.
Type "IPCONFIG/ALL" and press "Enter" to display a list of internet settings. Locate the settings asked for by the Wii console during the Manual Setup process and enter them.
Power cycle your router and modem by unplugging them both from the wall. Wait a few minutes, and plug the modem back in. Wait a couple of minutes for the modem to initialize, then turn on the router. Try to connect the Wii console online and test for proper response.

Back