private rehab detox prices help

No seriously lizard if you want to sort it it will be hard work, but you have got to want to do it mate.
small steps.

Red bull lol.

If he is just drinking heavly through the week on a night but goes all through the day with out a drink then he anit an alcohlic,

Not sure how you work that out mate, an alchy doesn't have to drink everyday, 24/7. Many of them can get through the routines of the day without needing to supp away. So long as they know they can have their fix when they are ready...

My sister is an alcoholic, who has been clean, but is now back on it again, I have a vague idea on this situation. She "thinks" she can social drink, fact is she can't, no matter how badly she wants it to be the case.

@ the Lizard.

As said, you need proper advice, from people who know how to help you, no point asking us wankers on here! :) The GP/NHS should be able to point you in the direction of a private clinic, if that is really the route you wish to go down.

End of the day though, it's all down to you. chucking money at it won't make the problem go away, it'll still come down to you being ready to give up. You have to want it, and be ready, otherwise it's a total waste of everyone's time.

I really wish you the best of luck, but my thoughts are with your family, because it's fucking horrible watching a family member drink their lives away.

Do you read the whole story are just bits ?

He didnt want to goto a rehab full of crack heads heance crack heads

A physical job can give you the shakes if your body is used to taking in a certain amount of sugar (energy) everyday and then you drop off it.

Say you drank 8 cans a night, the body would store all that sugar and get used to it for to use for the day ahead, now cut that off one night and you still have to do the same amount of work burning the same amount of energy but no sugar in reserve hence the shakes, thats what red bull is all about, the sugar rush.

Ah bollocks, good night.

BIGHAIRYLIZZARD good luck and see a doctor, take what ever advice he gives you and stick with it.

That's why Olympic runners drink 8 cans of Stella the night before a race then?

p.s Red Bull is all about caffeine.. not sugar.
Hence sugar free redbull... duuuhhhhhh

what a load of cock.

Yeah but does he 'really' have 8 cans every night or most nights ?

Lads if he is an alcoholic then a doctor is the only course of action and I'm not dissing him for that.

If he is just drinking heavly through the week on a night but goes all through the day with out a drink then he anit an alcohlic, then shakes would be down to his body being dependent on sugar in take that has suddenly stopped.

my opionion and I standby it, snipe away.

I read it to mean he does have 8 cans every night,and while I am not trying to cause an argument if he or anyone else needs 8 cans every day regardless of sugar intake(which could cause the shakes) then yes he is an alcoholic.
Anyhoo regardless of what any of us think he has asked for advice/help and I for one hope he gets sensible help.

Not sure how you work that out mate, an alchy doesn't have to drink everyday, 24/7. Many of them can get through the routines of the day without needing to supp away. So long as they know they can have their fix when they are ready...

My sister is an alcoholic, who has been clean, but is now back on it again, I have a vague idea on this situation. She "thinks" she can social drink, fact is she can't, no matter how badly she wants it to be the case.

@ the Lizard.

As said, you need proper advice, from people who know how to help you, no point asking us wankers on here! :) The GP/NHS should be able to point you in the direction of a private clinic, if that is really the route you wish to go down.

End of the day though, it's all down to you. chucking money at it won't make the problem go away, it'll still come down to you being ready to give up. You have to want it, and be ready, otherwise it's a total waste of everyone's time.

I really wish you the best of luck, but my thoughts are with your family, because it's fucking horrible watching a family member drink their lives away.

Good advice mate my sister is, and Nan was and various others i know are so not chattin spuds like others lol.

get to the GP.

He will prob give you a course of librium, to stop the craving and shakes etc. Also so vit B complex and thiamine maybe calcium will be needed since drinking depletes these.

not like I've been there before :littleang

get to the GP.

He will prob give you a course of librium, to stop the craving and shakes etc. Also so vit B complex and thiamine maybe calcium will be needed since drinking depletes these.

quality dave.

get to the GP.

your bang on the ball m8 thats exactly what I got of the quack about 4 year ago but I relapsed after the librium ran out librium is that addictive the only give you a 14 day course. when I stopped the librium I couldnt handle the withdrawl systems and hit the cans again

Hence this time I want to lock my self up into a rehab centre for a good month are so till all them itches and swets are gone for good :proud:

Most alchoholics i have worked with can't get passed a few hours without needing a drink and getting one.
However that's just my personal experience and i am no expert.
If i were you Lizzard i would take daveleebond's advice as it looks to me like sound advice.

ey mate us lot could turn into big time feckin alkies after he joined us lol

on a lighter note wait for a reply of that link i gave you,,,,,not the best place to ask on here really with all us piisheads

ey mate us lot could turn into big time feckin alkies after he joined us lol

on a lighter note wait for a reply of that link i gave you,,,,,not the best place to ask on here really with all us piisheads

Ah I thought I was the only plonky on here all you lot can spell in your posts though lol :Clap:

Last edited:
well done on trying to get the help m8

i can see where a few people are coming from re working though, some nights ill sit down and have a beer or 12 after a hard days work, some nights ill go through 2 litres of fruit juice, some nights itll be half a crate of lager, i dont drink tea or coffee at all

someone said about red bull, a few years back i was addicted to it, without realising, cos of the caffine, it wasnt untill i had a suspected heart attack in a customers house (aged 26), woke up in an ambulance and was on the sick for nearly a year afterwards that it came out

7 years on, and i still have a can for breakfast, the way i see it is most people have a cup of tea or coffee first thing as their wake up hit, my caffine intake has gone from approx 5500mg a day back then to less than 100mg, most people who have 4 cups of tea or coffee a day take in more than this

how many people do you know that are addicted and dont know it? how many times have you heard 'god im dying for a cuppa' ?

good luck with it all m8

I think most of the resentment in this post is because, every so often there is a post created by the OP that seem to create a lot of attention. Its usually something slightly off the wall, that gets a lot of people talking.
Personally I think this is the wrong kind of forum to be posting questions like this. If he thinks he is an alcoholic he should join a alcoholic forum. They are going to giver better advice than any of us can.
Just like an alcoholic forum would not know the answer to cable and sat questions. I just feel he is seeking attention, but I must stress thats my opinion to which I am entitled to make.

If you are needing a drink everyday, you are an ALCHOHILIC - FACT.

The 1st step is admitting you have got a problem, which you have done and congratulations on that, but I don't see why you would need rehab, what is wrong with willpower alone, also if you are determined to go the rehab route, what is wrong with the NHS 1 where all the crack-heads are etc, you have an addiction and they have an addiction it is as simple as that, the only way you are going to get the help you are looking for is to go elsewhere, as Maryhinge and Dutcho stated this isn't the place to come seeking help, there are god knows how many million sites that would be willing to help you, if you bother to look.

And whoever suggested just cutting down, wha a load of bollocks, as you said you have been like this for around 10 years, so why seek help now? Personally as soon as I realised I had a problem, I would have cut it out there and then ... Simples.

You are not going to be able to drink ever again, if you do decide to quit or seek help, because the urge is always going to be there, that you need a drink. You will go to the pub and get a pint, and then it will be another, then another and all of a sudden you are back where you started and a few £s worse off if you decide to go into private rehab.

i use to serve alcholics at work every day and you can see them from a mile off

1. they are drunk but they drink so much every day you can see it it normality for them,

2. they looked twice as old as they should be

3. They are rarely aggressive and very passive when drinking

4. They have the shakes if they don't drink and get very irritable and aggressive, also very paranoid and over think situations

5. startling fact is a lot of women are alcoholics who need 2 or 3 glasses of wine a day

go get yourself help m8 if you want to change cos only yourself can do it but with help from others

and it is fact a lot of people drink every day, ask yourself can you go a week without drinking, if not then u got a problem !

I use to serve customers who drank 3 bottles of brandy a week, bottle of strong cider a day and it amounted up to something like 250 unit's a week, it is very sad seeing ppl slowing drinking themselves to death

If you are needing a drink everyday, you are an ALCHOHILIC - FACT.

Lucian, is that you Mr. Deville?

lol

Back on topic..

We're all buddies on here, so I see nothing wrong with Lizzard asking this type of question, we all come from different walks of life and we each have our own experiences. I'd hazard a guess and say that there are quite a few members on this forum with a drink problem, Lizzard has every right to ask for advice IMO, and well done to the lad for taking his 1st steps to recovery.

As for attention seeking, well, that's MY job ;)

Back