please help

AJT

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello i have DM800HD genuine box.
Everything was good but needed updating.
so in my settings software management then software update it scanned and came up with 145 packages to update.
so i updated and all went well..BUT now i have empty tuners and no channels..I have FTP to box rats latest bouquets and i am stuck as what i need to do next..please can someone point me in the direction of what i need to do to get channels and everything..
thank you

By empty tuner do you mean no satellites to scan you need to create a satellites.xml file I will pm a link to a site that easily creates satellites.xml file after you have chosen your satellites all you need to do is FTP the satellite.xml to var/etc and then do a soft reboot.[h=3][/h]

Hi i can not find the astra 28.0 or the one for uk sky channels.?

I'm presuming it was a clone box that you updated?

Updating through the image is only for genuine boxes,but you may be able to recover without doing a reflash if you flash the bootloader back over

By empty tuner do you mean no satellites to scan you need to create a satellites.xml file I will pm a link to a site that easily creates satellites.xml file after you have chosen your satellites all you need to do is FTP the satellite.xml to var/etc and then do a soft reboot.[h=3][/h]

okay have found it how do i ftp to my box..i know how to use dream edit but never done to a file location

okay can you tell me what to do..i believe i have genuine box as was running the genuine image until i just box updated to new

This is what i had

Dreambox 800
Base: OpenPLi 2.1
Enigma2: 07-03-2012
Kernal: 2.6.18
Drivers: 09-11-2011
SSL: 84

This is what i had

Dreambox 800
Base: OpenPLi 2.1
Enigma2: 07-03-2012
Kernal: 2.6.18
Drivers: 09-11-2011
SSL: 84

Them drivers are old so I'm suspecting its a clone,

You might be better flashing a new image

sent using my telepathic powers

im glad you are telepathiic but i aint..ha ha how do i do that?please and what image?cheers

Thank you i am downloading them now..and go from there..where to go i have no idea but i am going.

Thank you i am downloading them now..and go from there..where to go i have no idea but i am going.

my box rebooted fine 2 or three times after i updated in box..its now hanging in boot after i downloaded from providers

im glad you are telepathiic but i aint..ha ha how do i do that?please and what image?cheers

It would depend on whether your box is genuine or a clone and is it a dm800HD or a dm800se?

Did you just update the satellites.xml file or the image as well?

Hi again thanks for your help i need it..Okay i have managed to boot box DM800HD.
i removed the usb memory stick where i download epg files to and booted right away...now i have a connection to box in webif and now i need to know how to FTP the satellite.xml to var/etc and then do a soft reboot. please..what do i need and how.
cheers

i do not know but in tuner config it says a empty and b empty in providers i have 4 sky 28e is ticked
i have EPG with nothing in it i have no channels when i try to auto scan in tuner config it says configure tuner first

i do not know but in tuner config it says a empty and b empty in providers i have 4 sky 28e is ticked
i have EPG with nothing in it i have no channels when i try to auto scan in tuner config it says configure tuner first

How long have you had the box and roughly how much did you pay for it?
This should help establish whether its clone or not :)

got it second hand for £130 it is not a clone i am running original image enigma 2 open pli i updated but it wiped everything..i have tspanel 6.8 can i do tuner set up there what i want to know is how to get channels i have them in list but showing black..
Kernel version: 2.6.18
Firmware version: 2013-02-18 11:09:19
Gui version: Feb 17 2013
Brand: Dream Multimedia
Model: dm800
Chipset: unknown
Frontprocessor Version: None
Total Memory: 145756 kB
Free Memory: 88244 kB
Box Uptime: 0:12
Tuner A: N/A (empty)
Tuner B: N/A (empty)

cheers

got it second hand for £130 it is not a clone i am running original image enigma 2 open pli i updated but it wiped everything..i have tspanel 6.8 can i do tuner set up there what i want to know is how to get channels i have them in list but showing black..
Kernel version: 2.6.18
Firmware version: 2013-02-18 11:09:19
Gui version: Feb 17 2013
Brand: Dream Multimedia
Model: dm800
Chipset: unknown
Frontprocessor Version: None
Total Memory: 145756 kB
Free Memory: 88244 kB
Box Uptime: 0:12
Tuner A: N/A (empty)
Tuner B: N/A (empty)

cheers

Ok so if you are happy enough its genuine,go and download the bootloader from this link

DM800 Bootloader SSL84 - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

Then uncompress it and remember where you have it on your pc,

Turn off your box
Press and hold the button on the front whilst turning the box back on,
when **STOP** appears on the small screen at front of box let go of the button,
An IP address will appear,
Type this address into your browser and it will take you to the webflash page,
scroll down and click on "Firmware Upgrade"
Point it to the downloaded bootloader and press the flash button on the web page,
it will only take a second,
Reboot box and your tuners should be back :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back