Mobile Phones pay as you go sim explaining

lagigolo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just been looking at the vodafone freedom sim (can only be vodafone as no signal here but theres), just tried talking to one of their online representatives in a chat box but they were clueless.

it says £10 Freedom Freebee Unlimited texts, 150 minutes plus 250MB of UK internet

further down it says What you need to know
A Vodafone Freedom Freebee lasts for 30 days and can be used with Simply, Smartstep and Smartplus Pay as you go price plans . It can't be used with Vodafone Text & Web Freebee, Vodafone Talk Freebee, Vodafone International Freebee, Vodafone £5 Weekend Freebee or Vodafone BlackBerry Freebee

You can choose to get your Freedom Freebee automatically – so you’ll get a new allowance every 30 days, without having to do a thing.

What i would like to know is do i have to pay £10 every month like a contract, or when the minutes run out. What happens after 30 days as it says thats how long it lasts?

the vodafone one don't look so good, never heard of ovivo, just had a look and uses the vodafone network, so seems pretty good deal, cheers.

You don't have to top up every month. if you do then you get the 'freebies' advertised. You can chose (though don't have to) auto renewal every month. If you go over your limits then you will need to top up.

To be honest if you are going to be topping up every month then you are better off going for a rolling contract, problem is that vodafone don't have any good deals unless you can get one through your work.

I have a virgin sim that i use for certain occasions, its been years since i last topped up and still going strong. Definitely looking at payasyougo only.

Back