Openbox/Spybox s11 confusion

LOL. The missus has had me Xmas shopping all day, mate! Nigthmare.

Installing a sat dish is a nightmare. I don't care what anybody says, it's no "walk in the park"!

At this point I can't see myself doing any cracking, mate!
I had quite a productive Sunday. Fitted a wireless thermostat for my parents, but that was nothing compared to trying to align the dish. What a fooking nightmare. My neighbour saw me messing around in the dark about 5:00pm so he came out and gave me a sat finder. It's got me even more confused. Thing beep whatever angle sat dish is titled at!

"Easy" is a subjecive adjective, manic!

I would suggest you now keep to the one thread ref the sat finder and get help from there.
It really is easy, just need a little confidence and understanding.

Last edited:
Tbh m8 if its a fixed dish that you have easy access to then a connected TV is far better then a sat finder :)

Make sure pole is plumb and secure attach dish and tighten slightly,point in the rough direction of the other fixed dishes aimed at 28.2e,
connect up your TV and then move the dish slowly left and right till you get a picture on the TV,
then tweak it left,right,up and down till you get a good signal ;)

I use an old receiver that has the signal beep function for aiming dishes,like my old coolsat 4000 or 5000 and I use a wireless uhf sender, and headphones out at the dish.I just twist the dish until the beep tone gets higher then tighten the bolts.Then I switch over to the openbox to watch tv.

Make sure pole is plumb and secure attach dish and tighten slightly,point in the rough direction of the other fixed dishes aimed at 28.2e,
connect up your TV and then move the dish slowly left and right till you get a picture on the TV,
then tweak it left,right,up and down till you get a good signal ;)
Thanks for the advice, mate. The sat dish is attached to a bracket on gable-end wall. It is plumb. The dish is pointing in the same direction as other static dishes in my street. I've got the co-ax running from the left connector on the lnb (left as I look at the dish) to the "lnb in" connetion on the back of the openbox s10. The s10 is connected to the TV via hdmi.

Thanks for the advice, mate. The sat dish is attached to a bracket on gable-end wall. It is plumb. The dish is pointing in the same direction as other static dishes in my street. I've got the co-ax running from the left connector on the lnb (left as I look at the dish) to the "lnb in" connetion on the back of the openbox s10. The s10 is connected to the TV via hdmi.

Are you able to get a TV within eyesight of the dish?
If its a mini dish then I presume the lnb is skewed correctly,
Its usually only a very small movement either left or right if the dish is pointing the same way as other dishes in your vicinity,
then maybe a small bit either up or down,you can check for dish elevation on dishpointer and set this first but dont tighten too much as you might need to tweak it later :),

I'm presuming you do have a good line of sight too?

Yes, good line of sight, wiz.
Not able to get TV within eyesight if the dish regrettably.
The skew of the LNB is confusing me as I'm not sure how skewed it has to be!

Yes, good line of sight, wiz.
Not able to get TV within eyesight if the dish regrettably.
The skew of the LNB is confusing me as I'm not sure how skewed it has to be!

If you are looking at the dish facing from the front, the part of the lnb where the cable connects to should be pointing to about 7 o'clock

Yes, that's how I have it. (Copied the position of my neighbours lnb.)

manic mentioned copying a channel list to my s10 via usb in another thread. Is this something that has to be done before I can receive freesat channels?
Many thanks

manic mentioned copying a channel list to my s10 via usb in another thread. Is this something that has to be done before I can receive freesat channels?
Many thanks
I did that the 1st day I had the receiver and killed it.
Better to scan yourself and save.
Look at all the people that killed an openbox and how they did it.
Either clone kill or loading a channel list.

Thanks for the info, slugworth.
I'm still no further forward really. This is really beginning to pee me off now. I just can't get a decent signal. Sat Finder is fecking useless.

You wont kill a openbox with a channel list.
28.2e can be got with a dustbin lid lol, just get someone to watch signal strength on openbox whilst you kove dish.
You have the elevation approx correct from dishpointer as posted earlier.
The signal is that strong that either you have a line of sight issue or connections are no good.
There is absolutely no need for a sat finder for 28e in uk honestly. up/down left/right roughly pointing the right way and you are there lol

You wont need a channel list just to view channels but channel lists are a lot more tidy and easy to navigate than just browsing everything on your selected sat as there's all sorts of weird data channels and lots of duplicates etc :)

Looking at mine, Stick the lnb so the bottom of it is facing 7 o clock so the top will be about 2 O'clock

I guess thinking about it as your box is new a channel list would help as it'll already have the frequencies for the channels so if you flick to say bbc1 get the missus to watch out for a picture as you move the dish around. Have u got a Bluetooth hands free or something you can use so your not up the ladder with a phone in hand lol

Back