Openbox/Spybox s11 confusion

Thanks for this, james.
I'm sorted now. It's taken me most of the day, but I'm done! My 24 hr test just commenced. (As I'm ready to retire for the night! lol). Actually, it's newcam, though I'm not sure what the difference is!
Shame that the epg doesn't populate fully. I knew the epg feature wasn't great on an s10 but I was hoping it would at least populate "now and next". Still, can't grumble really. HD clarity is very good. So, too is SD, tbh.

Yes it's a pretty competent little box and if the makers could ever intergrate a half decent epg into the firmware they'd be onto a winner!

I give it two weeks before your eyeing up the dreamboxes lol ;)

Do you think it's worth putting the latest firmware on the off-chance that'll improve the EPG populating, james? At the moment I'm only getting EPG info for about half the channels, maybe less. lol

OK, thanks, manic.

BTW, is it possible to move channels from the "satellite 28.2" list into favourites? I know channels can be moved within lists but can they move horizontally? Can't figure it out.

Just make sure in the 28.2 list
Menu
channel list-select fav button then each channel you want to move to a fae press the fav button and select the fav req from the dropdown list..
You need to do this with each channel.

Don't quite understand that, manic.
I go into the 28.2 list (which I renamed "Sky") I press fav button whilst on the channel I want to move to "entertainmnet". Doing that bring up my favourites list. I press on "entertainment" which puts a tick next to that but the channel doesn't move. It remains in the "sky 28.2" list.

Last edited:
Menu-edit channel-select TV channel list-select FAV button-scroll to channel to assign to fav-press ok on remote-dropdown list will appear of your favs-select a fav to assign to-a tick sign will appear next to it to signify it is now a fav-exit

luck-of-the-irish.jpg

Yah, I think I'll upgrade to the latest firmware today. Hopefully it won't be too difficult! LOL

Yah, I think I'll upgrade to the latest firmware today. Hopefully it won't be too difficult! LOL

its the same process as adding anything else to the box via usb. remember though it'll wipe all your settings so make sure you have a copy of your cline and channel list somewhere safe

Probably a dumb question, but can someone show me how the genuine s10 looks like? I search aroung and there are two types i see. One with just a flat panel and another one with a circular button in the middle of the box. Thanks

Probably a dumb question, but can someone show me how the genuine s10 looks like? I search aroung and there are two types i see. One with just a flat panel and another one with a circular button in the middle of the box. Thanks
From what I have seen the S10 has the circular button on the front, the box with the flat front is a sly box, I believe they use the same guts just in a different case.

Back