Openbox/Spybox s11 confusion

Any external USB drive will do :) as long as its half decent to keep up with recording hd.

Before you all rejoice, one final thing! What would be the most suitable HDD for an s10? (external 2.5 vis USB)
Thanks, as always!
external is usb2.0,that is the only way to connect and save.
Make sure it's a decent sata external drive or you will never record HD.

Have you ordered yet? Get your fecking box ordered and setup then worry about pvr lol

Yes to both

All S11's are clones and Yes skybox and openbox are the same.

If I recall the S11 also circumvents the clone killer firmware (but dont hold me to that)

---
I am here: Google Maps
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h**p://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260897572604?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 guy here says these are genuine and have chip ID, is he talking shite?

The box I ordered had a different chip id to what was advertised so dont pay over the odds mate you can get a dm800se for less!

He's talking bollox, and at £167 he's also ripping people off. It's likely he's trying to sell it as an S11 non clone for the simple reason there are no S11's to clone because there isn't an original, but it's a clone of the S9/S10.

Steer clear.

You can get a DM800SE for about £150.

Last edited:
He's talking bollox, and at £167 he's also ripping people off. It's likely he's trying to sell it as an S11 non clone for the simple reason there are no S11's to clone because there isn't an original, but it's a clone of the S9/S10.

Steer clear.

You can get a DM800SE for about £150.
out of curiosity i msg'ed seller. The reason it is this price is he has no stock and when he has stock the price will be £66.99 again. I guess he jumped up the price of the listing to keep it active but knowing noone will buy but still get viewings of the auction, but as soon as price drops I'm sure ebayers will pounce thinking they getting a bargain

Or also that on the off chance some fool will pay the price he's advertised it for ;)

Either way, I would look to buy from a reputable dealer rather than eBay if I was to buy one.

Just to clarify my point on the being a clone of the S9/S10, it's actually more of a hybrid but uses the same software interface as the S10.

I am familiar with the ebay seller mentioned above. I came close to buying from him/her but decided against.
You will all be pleased to know that I put my dish up last weekend and also order an s10 on Wed. Box is expected today so I'll hopefully get it set-up this afternoon or tomorrow.
In terms of aligning the dish will I basically just need to connect to the dish and move it round until the s10 notifying that the signal is good? (Maybe have the wife indoors watching the screen and on the other end of a telephone to tell me when to stop moving the thing!)
So, to recap .... dish is up and box is bought. You can all sleep tight now knowing that cdy has finally opened his wallet!!

Box has arrived!
A bit dark to set up now so I'll leave it until tomorrow.
The cable that came with the sat dish it twin single. I won't need to use all four connections will I because the s10 is a single tuner only?

Box has arrived!
A bit dark to set up now so I'll leave it until tomorrow.
The cable that came with the sat dish it twin single. I won't need to use all four connections will I because the s10 is a single tuner only?
1 coax cable per receiver

how are you getting on cdy?

check out my post HERE It has a link to a good guide to help you get setup :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks, James. I'll check it out now.
Wow ... 28 pages! I'll leave that until tomorrow!

Last edited:
1 coax cable per receiver
Sure, but could I attach two f connectors to one end of the twin single cable I have and connect to the lnb in case I decide to buy a twin tuner in future?

Sure, but could I attach two f connectors to one end of the twin single cable I have and connect to the lnb in case I decide to buy a twin tuner in future?

Yes mate smart thinking

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Back