no power???!!!help needed!!

dandare

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey folks, i've just had my da busting my ears!! his dbox won't work, i hoped it was just dithering old age but alas no. he's been away on hols for a few weeks, came back and the box won't power up, checked the socket, changed the fuse but still nothing??? thing is i was watching the golf when he was away and it was fine, turned it all off. now nothing.
any ideas why the box won't power up. especially since it has been off at the plug since it's last use???
ta

which fuse did you check, there is a fuse inside the box aswell.

Is it a Sagem or Nokie?

Sagems are know to have dodgy fuses near power chord on psu board (looks like a big resistor not a normal fuse)

ah ha , just the plug fuse, i'll check inside the unit, it's a sagem, are the easy enough to pick if it has blown, does it need soldered?

ok so i got inside the box, changed the fuse, which the lad at the shop told me was knackered, and thought that thats all it would need. once the new fuse was put inside and the power turned on, the fuse in the plug would go?? so i tried another power lead, which had a 13 amp fuse in it, and as you guessed smoke ensued!!!!! so the fuse inside the box went and the copper coiled ???? melted!! so is the box completely fecked now?? can components be changed? or get a new/2nd hand power board? i have an old ntl box in the house if the power could be adapted? any tech boys there with advice?
ta

you will need a new power board mate, seperate from main board, comes out easily enough,,try fleabay for sagem power board

Yeah mate i have bought tuners from that site before, everything i have bought has been fine and shipped quickly. Changing the power board is just a case of swapping the boards/wires anyway. watch you dont touch the coil when box plugged in though can give you a nasty shock LOL

cheers remus, i'll order one up and hopefully that will sort it and stop my da moaning abouty not getting his channels.

hey folks i finally received my power board! thing is it appears different from the one in my dads box, it doesn't have the fuse located behind where you plug the power cable in??? i've emailed the seller but no reply yet. i thought i'd try here in case any of you have exp. with this. the cables that connect the board to the rest seem the same, well same number of connections as the old one. are there different power boards available for sagem dbox2? what do you think, connect it up and give it a whirl?

hey folks i finally received my power board! thing is it appears different from the one in my dads box, it doesn't have the fuse located behind where you plug the power cable in??? i've emailed the seller but no reply yet. i thought i'd try here in case any of you have exp. with this. the cables that connect the board to the rest seem the same, well same number of connections as the old one. are there different power boards available for sagem dbox2? what do you think, connect it up and give it a whirl?
Pt-1's help file says there is two different psu's for sagems.
Look under hardware/sagem power supply.

ye, sorry i was just being lazy. i'll have a look. i might even learn something!

My Sagem's PSU packed in a few months ago, I managed to grab one for a few quid on eBay but it was the different model from the one installed in my machine - thankfully it worked perfectly :)

well thanks peeps, the power board works fine, the lad at the website got back to me to say it was compatable and pt1's faq had it as well.
£35 in total, cheaper than a new box i suppose so well worth it and my da is not pestering me to get his channels back.
the old board i have i fried a component or 2 can these be replaced? might be handy to have a back up, if it doesn't cost too much.

Back