nnnnnnnooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

MFCGMFC

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all

just had an accident in my mums car :(

on a wee roundabout i was tight to the roundabout and a big flatbed truck caught the wing on the passenger side

i knew i shouldnt have went but i did

my fault so i didnt stop cause there was no damage to him and it was m fault he did but i drove away

only passed my test a fortnight ago yesterday, i a tit

:(

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Re: nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you drove away? And he stopped?

Main thing is your ok m8 but i think you shoulda stopped.

So you drove away? And he stopped?

Main thing is your ok m8 but i think you shoulda stopped.

i know now that i should have stopped but i was in a lane i couldt get out of and he stopped bang on the roundabout

it drove on becuase i knew i shouldnt have went when he moved onto the roundabout

the only way i could have got away with it is if i had floored it, which of course is careless driving, which i didnt do

its a tight wee roundabout and he was in the outside lane

i did stop as soon as i could but he was away

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i know now that i should have stopped but i was in a lane i couldt get out of and he stopped bang on the roundabout

it drove on becuase i knew i shouldnt have went when he moved onto the roundabout

the only way i could have got away with it is if i had floored it, which of course is careless driving, which i didnt do

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

hi mate sorry to hear this but i had my share of accidents when i just passed too. my advice is, go to your local cop shop, tell them what happened, tell them you drove off because you panicked. because if the other driver reports it and you dont, you can get done for leaving the scene of an accident. if you report and he does aswell, the police will just contact you both and see what he wants to do.if you report it and he doesnt, then there is nothing to worry about.

oh i think you have 24hrs to report it to mate.

hope your alright m8 but think you should have stopped remember you only just passed and if he has your reg you will be in trouble

l would say leave it m8 .. the yards r full of flat beds and no ones gives a crap about a scratch here and there ..

if it goes off get someone in the family to take the rap .. ..ld do it for my kids to save them getting points .as your only allowed so many

Last edited:

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i would go to police and tell them just that you could stop but when you did he had gone

you wont be lying m8

If you do go to the boys in blue, tell them you stopped at a safe place, as you couldn't park up at the roundabout as it would cause an obstruction.

Personally I wouldn't, as smirnoff mentioned, these trailers are scratched, dented, buckled etc everyday of their life, the driver obviously didn't think it was an issue, he would have stopped it it was.

Take it as a lesson learned Gav, you'll be more carefull in future.
I'm sure your Mother will tear a strip off you as well :)

Last edited:

m8 you cant go to the coppers... they're still lookin' for you after that incident in asda with the nun ;).

leave it dont do anything certainly dont hand yourself in if the police come just say you stopped as soon as you could but there was no damage and the other person had left so you didnt think anything of it.

PS if he had your reg are was botherd the police would already be at your door so forget about take more care in future lucky escape this time i reckon

a couple of folk in my family are cops i'll fone them and see what they say

my burd was in teh passenger seat i had only picked her up 10mins before, she let out a scream a thought shit is the motor ok

Cheers folks, i'm still shiteing myself after the incident in asda.............

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

m8 dont worry about it, if the police come knockin say you didnt realise anyone had hit you until you got home and saw the damage.

never admit anything.

i canny mate cause there was a thud and he stopped bang on teh roundabout

i did the best i could becuase he had no damage and i couldnt pull in anywhere other than the place i did hoping he would follow suit

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i still wouldnt worry about it. in the unlikely event that the truck driver bothers his arse about it the worst that will happen is the police might come knockin to see if your goin to admit it.

like you said tell them you stopped at first safe opportunity but he didnt.

the worst of it is that you'll probably need to pay for the repair yourself and you'll need to give up your executive box at fir park ;)

m8 dont worry about it, if the police come knockin say you didnt realise anyone had hit you until you got home and saw the damage.

never admit anything.

agree with v14 Gav, sit tight if anybody comes act dumb...just say when you could safely pull over the lorry had gone and you never got any details ie plate no or make of vehicle and there was no witness so you had nothing to tell them...dont worry mate im sure all will be ok...after your ma is finished with you.

:Cheers:

if the police come knocking he will get dont for leaving the scene of an accident, do you really think they will believe him when he says he didnt feel a flat bed hit him? if you report it mate the police cannot do anything to you mate, if you dont report it and he does then you are in shit creek. what have you to lose if you report it? nothing.

my uncle said i could get the flatbed done for hit and run cause he never stopped?

hes a polis

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Last edited by a moderator:

I had a crash a when i first started driving (it was actually my second:proud:). I went into the back of someone and popped my radiator :Clap: Best thing was THEY drove off and left me pondering lol. What i did was i went to my local station and told them all about it, just to cover my own ass basically, incase they got home and realised and went themselves. 3 years on nearly and i aint heard a single thing about it, so as far as any insurance quotes i do, i have only had the one claim lol. What i am saying to do is go and report it. It may seem like the better option now, but if there is no damage to his truck then he dont need to claim off your insurance. So just go in and explain you've only been passed a couple of weeks and you just panicked, at least you may not get done for leaving the scene of an accident, if you go in sooner than later.

Back