Covid test results question

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
So my eldest son felt unwell Wednesday thought it was a cold coming on but Friday he felt fluey, very slight cough if any but felt fatigued, aching muscles, taste and smell fine.
He did a lateral test and came back positive and a PCR test Friday confirmed this. The place were he had this test have their results back in 6-8hours as the labs onsight so he knew Friday night.

I started to feel sh#t on Thursday (before my son took the lateral flow) and I got worse Fri falling asleep and asking muscles

I felt very similar near identical to my son, totally knackered, muscle ache and a tight chest but smell and taste both fine.

When my son tested positive me and the missus booked a PCR for Saturday morning 8am. Mine came back this morning negative which has baffled us as I feel like sh#t and near identical symptoms to my son. It's hit me a tab harder as I was due for my booster but had to cancel so I'm close to 6 month since my 2nd jab.
Wife's still in bed so I'm unsure her result just yet.

Has anyone been in a similar predicament? Negative pcr in a house with Covid and Covid symptoms.

Yeah I'm thinking that, I've done another lateral but there not worth a flying w#nk. I'm not heading anywhere just in case I just wondered if anyone else had say a incorrect PCR result

Yeah I'm thinking that, I've done another lateral but there not worth a flying w#nk. I'm not heading anywhere just in case I just wondered if anyone else had say a incorrect PCR result
There is also a fucker of a cold doing the rounds my lad and his boys and wife were totaly floored with it last week.

Yeah a few got that but I don't think it's that as I've no cold related symptoms nose, proper cough, sneezing watery eyes etc. Mines mainly muscle ache, fatigue, tight chest and like a raspy throat but not majorly sore, I'd say like a chest infection but not crackily. Its funny that my son has very similar to me but he's pos I'm neg.

A friends just WhatsApp'ed me and said it might be the incubation time period as a woman and daughter at he's office had near the exact same issue. When she re-rested 2 days later it ended up positive.
I'll ring tomorrow see what they say, thanks

Last edited:
One of my neighbors has just had a PCR test and it came back inconclusive, and he has to go back for another…

I think it is a timing thing. I think you will be positive on your next test

Hope you have had the jab and upped the meds of D3 and Zinc.

Back