nextgen19.11.05 2x image

fermec said:
Hi señor ding dong if you want to know how to setup winserver have a look at this thread on the forum there is a tut in there that tells you how to set it up.

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49045&highlight=winserver

Worked fine for me.

Fermec
Thanks, but I am already an "old hand" with DboxWinServer. I used that all the time back in the days when Direct File didn't work too well on most images, and I am perfectly happy to go back to this option if it solves my recording issues, and it looks like it might just. I have only tested a few short recordings with it on the Next Gen image, but so far it's been flawless, where Direct File often took a dive just a few minutes in and had tons of errors even on 4-5 minute recordings, so it looks like I might have to award this image the "Best Image Ever" award after all. Still a little more testing to be done, though. :)

señor ding dong said:
Thanks, but I am already an "old hand" with DboxWinServer. I used that all the time back in the days when Direct File didn't work too well on most images, and I am perfectly happy to go back to this option if it solves my recording issues, and it looks like it might just. I have only tested a few short recordings with it on the Next Gen image, but so far it's been flawless, where Direct File often took a dive just a few minutes in and had tons of errors even on 4-5 minute recordings, so it looks like I might have to award this image the "Best Image Ever" award after all. Still a little more testing to be done, though. :)

well thankyou senor its an honour but i said the big problem is the epg and i am trying my hardest to get it sorted m8

so many attempts so far all have failed but getting a little closer this is the hardest image ive come across even got the legend himself cydine on the job as well so only time will tell

so i havent given up on it as yet but i am willing to listen to anyone that could help with this problem though

cheers all

Well this image seems to be working fine and dandy in wigan and the epg is fine. The only problem is finding the plugin menu on the sportster image it was just a press of the blue button. But how do you find it on the nextgen?

:)

blue
blue
blue
Gav has put his english version on the box, it is the same as the sportster one, in fact it looks like gavs english conversion from his sportster images. I just checked and the susi upgrade section is on there for plugins.

Best picture I have ever seen gav with zero lipsynching seems to be nice and stable. For me the EPG is a minor glitch.

Have Fun

Hi Gav this image is great!!! i tried the enigma image but could not get used to the menu's!!! ive got full epg on all channels except itv4 & front row so its not that bad here! would be nice if you fixed it tho!!!!!! keep up the GREAT work Gav we really (ALL) do appreciate it!!!!!!! :) ;) Griz

Just flashed this image, hope you cant wear out the flash chips on the box because mine as had some stick with you and liam lol, dont get me wrong i love it, as seen on a post earlier flashing is adictive ( dbox that is lol ) only been on for a couple of hours but seems exellent, picture quality gets better every time.
well done again m8.

thanks derek m8 thats what i thought about the picture quality its just such a shame about the epg we need someone to really look at it hope cydine gets in contact with me soon cant wait

cheers again

cant wait to try it

Hi Gav,
Cant wait to try this next gen image. Hopefully I will be able to scan a bit more easily this time after realising my mistake with your large image. Will leave feedback.
Your last SPortster image works great after lots of stupid and silly mistakes that I was making, too much beer and bump to head did not help. So will try this image sober. Just downloaded it now and about to do a scan.
All the best

Sparks

hi gav have just put your nextgen on one of my boxes looks really great m8 not had much chance to play about with it but will ,so now i have this one on 1 box ,liams on another(i like the menus but cant get used to bouquetter that just freaks me out but will keep trying),and your sprtstar 1.76.05(you know what one i mean on another)i cant choose between your 2 what is the best as they both run really good so keep it up m8 and a big thank you for all your efforts

notanotherone said:
hi gav have just put your nextgen on one of my boxes looks really great m8 not had much chance to play about with it but will ,so now i have this one on 1 box ,liams on another(i like the menus but cant get used to bouquetter that just freaks me out but will keep trying),and your sprtstar 1.76.05(you know what one i mean on another)i cant choose between your 2 what is the best as they both run really good so keep it up m8 and a big thank you for all your efforts

cheers m8 its just the next gen runs on newcamd which is something safe at the mo

btw like the new avatar

cheers

Great Image

Cheers Gav,
Got the image up and running in no time, picture looks good. Not drinking does help when playing around with these things. Right off to have a pint now in celebration and to keep me warm oon such a cold day. Medicinal purposes!!
All the best
Sparks

gav had a problem with the lip sync but only on some movie channels?just rebooted and all is well again think i will do another scan and see how many channels i pick up this time (256 last time ) whoopppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

gav12345 said:
well thankyou senor its an honour but i said the big problem is the epg and i am trying my hardest to get it sorted m8.
I haven't been aware of any EPG errors. As far as I can tell, I get full EPG for the entire day on all chanenls. Only FR is missing, but that's hardly worth mentioning in the grand scheme of things when an image delivers stability like this. It's like Liam's Enigma stability in a Neutrino image. Amazing.

I finally had some time to really put the recording through it paces, after I had to abandon Direct File Recording, and I am happy to say that DboxWinServer recordings have been flawless so far.

can any one tell me how I can put the channels in alphabetical order on this new nextgen file please

kniner said:
can any one tell me how I can put the channels in alphabetical order on this new nextgen file please

The channels will already be in ALPHABETICAL order when you do a scan. If you have used a services.xml/bouquets.xml file from this site and want to change the order of your channels; either do a new scan or edit your bouquets using the web inteface.

Liam.

just done a full scan and they are not in ALPHABETICAL order for some reason I wanted to put them in order first thanks

kniner said:
just done a full scan and they are not in ALPHABETICAL order for some reason I wanted to put them in order first thanks

not they aint in order you have to sort them out yourself m8 in boquet editor

cheers

works like a dream :).

tested streaming and recording also, all working as it should do :)

Many thanks.

ok i bit of confusion i think if you have boquets then the channels are not in alph order but if you have no boquets in the image then they are in order

just looks a bit weird with my previous post and liams as different so just keep the matter as this one as both mine and liams are correct

Back