nextgen19.11.05 2x image

as with my image

enigma and neutrino are different thats all

Thanks. Downloaded and then flashed my box.. FTPed old services.xml and we are all working nicely except...

I normally record by having a CIFS share on a PC and then using Recording Direct to File.

When I start recording the screen goes black and although a file is created on the server it doesn't seem readable in VideoRedoPlus... complains about no PID being specified.

I did a touch /var/etc/.spts_mode but that didn't seem to resolve it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dingo

PS

Nice to have the channels back tho!

you might have to change ucode to 0014 m8

cheers

It's turning into a bit of an image retro week with new versions of Enigma and now Next Gen. Nice. I was going to play with Enigma this weekend, but my very first image was a Next Gen, so my nostalgic side got the better of me.

Heh, "Gav's Menu". Nice touch. :)

Stability looks pretty good. Like I have mentioned elsewhere, Eurosport is a nightmare channel for me, and rarely goes more than 20-30 minutes without a crash or major glitch of some kind, but it's been running for about 2 hours without a hitch now, so that's extremely encouraging.

Just before writing this, I did have a few problems with recordings. I use Direct File Recording, and when I started it using blue->red, the screen goes black and the menu stays on for about a minute, nothing unsual about that, but as soon as the menu disappeared, the recording stopped/crashed, and the box became unresponsive and needed unplugging. This happened twice, but a 3rd attempt went just fine, even if I only recorded a few minutes to check. Will try some longer recordings later tonight, but I want to see how far Eurosport's stability goes first, as that's usually my first benchmark test for new images.

Speaking of recording, would it be possible to include the Playback On/Off and Stop SectionsSD settings under Direct File Recording settings too? Currently they are only available under Server recording, same as on the Sportster images. I can just switch to Server, change them and switch back to Direct File, and that works fine, it would just be nice to have them directly available. They used to be on some older images, but at some point that changed. Maybe there was a good reason I just failed to appreciate?

Btw, what's with the new ucodes, 00F0 and 00FX? Any particular benefits to using those?

Anyway, thanks for what appears to be another great image. They seem to be getting better and better, even if the boot screens get worse and worse. :)

hi all trying to put my on service and bouquets file on using fxp it asks for password does any one know what it is

not really they are for phillips well one of them is anyway

A good image!

Same menu layout as the sportsters so I am not lost.
The one option I can't find anywhere this time is the option to have the epg active in standby? Can anyone find this?

Like Gav stated the one major hiccup is the EPG only being for current program +1.

I like the web interface, found a really small bug there, use the volume control and while it alters the volume it doesn't alter the volume bar graphic on the LCD or on the screen of the TV.

If the EPG can be fixed then I doubt I'll be moving form this image for a good while, other than to have a look and a play of course! :D

DingoTest said:
I am sorry but I'm not sure how to do that.

From watching the TV, Blue, Blue, Yellow, 3, Red and then select the Ucode you want.

The stability on this image is nothing short of perfect, but unfortunately Direct File Recording is terrible. I get constant crashes and countless recordings errors, which is odd. With most images, there used to be a degree of symmetry between viewing and recording stability, but the balance has shifted quite dramatically with this one.

I was ready to hand this image the "Best Image Ever" award, and it certainly deserves it if it were awarded purely on stability, but recording is too important to me.

I put this image on last night and had it running all day, this is the best yet on my sagem 2x, it used to freeze 2 to 3 times a day but it has been running stable all day everything works fine apart from epg on front row but still get the channels anyway looks like newcamd could be a big fix for a lot of problem sagems that got the budgies and were freezing.

Recording works fine useing winserver took 2 min to setup.

This Image rocks.

Well Done Gav you are a life saver

Please keep up the good work it would be nice if a sportster Image coud be modified to use newcamd.

Cheers

Fermec

fermec said:
I put this image on last night and had it running all day, this is the best yet on my sagem 2x, it used to freeze 2 to 3 times a day but it has been running stable all day everything works fine apart from epg on front row but still get the channels anyway looks like newcamd could be a big fix for a lot of problem sagems that got the budgies and were freezing.

Recording works fine useing winserver took 2 min to setup.

This Image rocks.

Well Done Gav you are a life saver

Please keep up the good work it would be nice if a sportster Image coud be modified to use newcamd.

Cheers

Fermec

thankyou very much m8

señor ding dong needs a little help with recording i dont use that facility so if you can help him that would be great m8

cheers

gav12345 said:
señor ding dong needs a little help with recording i dont use that facility so if you can help him that would be great m8
I am going to try DboxWinServer. If that works, that's a perfectly acceptable compromise for me, given the incredible stability this image delivers, but first I want to go back and try my old 1.7uk05 image. One of my friends has been on this image all along, and in the last few days - completely out of the blue - he has experienced some of the same recording problems I did. I wonder if this recent wave of cc attack has had an effect? I sure hope not.

Have tried the last 5 most recent images available in this forum and its my opion that this is by far the best image ever flashed. Its so stable, the picture quality is shockingly clear. Gav, your a demi god!

While on this post just going to mention that DBOX Winserver works like a dream with Unicode 14 and SPTS on and Recording settings pointing to a server. Some images in the past have been very flakey with this but this image is spot on!

THANKS GAV! APRECIATE YOUR HARD WORK!

Have tried the last 5 most recent images available in this forum and its my opinion that this is by far the best image ever flashed. Its so stable, the picture quality is shockingly clear. Gav, your a demi god!

While on this post just going to mention that DBOX Winserver works like a dream with Unicode 14 and SPTS on and Recording settings pointing to a server. Some images in the past have been very flakey with this but this image is spot on!

THANKS GAV! APRECIATE YOUR HARD WORK!

Have tried the last 5 most recent images available in this forum and its my opinion that this is by far the best image ever flashed. Its so stable, the picture quality is shockingly clear. Gav, your a demi god!

THANKS GAV! APPRECIATE YOUR HARD WORK!

THANKS GAV! APPRECIATE YOUR HARD WORK!

paddy thanks a lot m8

BUT IM NOT DEAF M8:eek:

cheers

When I posted the first reply must have been when the Administrators where messing with the forum software and it looks hence this mess. Maybe MickeyD or someone could clean it up! Sorry.

Back