news server Astraweb special offer

TBC

Inactive User
Reaction score
news.astraweb.com - Signup with us

i found this elsewhere but noticed it wasn't here..

$11 per month

unlimited 20 connections SSL comes to about £7 a month for life, i signed up straight away. good speed good retention and a excellent price..

just click on the paypal link on the deal page set it up and your ready to connect immediately :)

just in time for xmas !!

news.astraweb.com - Signup with us

i found this elsewhere but noticed it wasn't here..

$11 per month

unlimited 20 connections SSL comes to about £7 a month for life, i signed up straight away. good speed good retention and a excellent price..

just click on the paypal link on the deal page set it up and your ready to connect immediately :)

just in time for xmas !!

Hey I got the £8.50 a month last year for life robbing twats lol

It's been $11 per month for years, I signed up 3 years ago for that price.

Thanks for the info though.

It's been $11 per month for years, I signed up 3 years ago for that price.

Thanks for the info though.
wanna try one of these out, but not really sure what there all about, how are these newsgroups any different to torrent sites, iv heard the downloads speeds are faster off these and alot more consistent.

how do you search things via them, do you have to be in specific clouds of info and subscribe to certain things before download?

wanna try one of these out, but not really sure what there all about, how are these newsgroups any different to torrent sites, iv heard the downloads speeds are faster off these and alot more consistent.

how do you search things via them, do you have to be in specific clouds of info and subscribe to certain things before download?

got the year offer for about £60 a while back, well worth the money.

speeds are faster, i've found the quality better cos people dont like paying for shite. i use grabit which is free and theres a few sites you can get nzbs off. just follow instructions on setting your reader up and away you go. i like you was unsure at first but its the best thing i did

well wee-hol u couldnt go wrong with this..i used torrents for ages and there still good for certain things when there up and running but with the right speed and a decent site. u can have anything quick..ive never used the search though and im sure thats extra but ive been with astrawebs for 1 year now and will be for time to come. i use merlins portal on vip which is really good. its just a case off type what your lookin for and c what comes up. theres newzbin which is doin a deal aswell for using them. 8 quid for the whole year which again is really good. i use newzbin pro for downloadin the files..thats mayb about the hardest bit to set up really but just give is a shout bud or sure someone will help ya on her..u get crack versions off it but for a one off fee off 20 quid u cant go wrong..ive said prices here for things cause this is what i use but others will be different but i just like the no hassle off things mayb not workin..

Last edited:
well wee-hol u couldnt go wrong with this..i used torrents for ages and there still good for certain things when there up and running but with the right speed and a decent site. u can have anything quick..ive never used the search though and im sure thats extra but ive been with astrawebs for 1 year now and will be for time to come. i use merlins portal on vip which is really good. its just a case off type what your lookin for and c what comes up. theres newzbin which is doin a deal aswell for using them. 8 quid for the whole year which again is really good. i use newzbin pro for downloadin the files..thats mayb about the hardest bit to set up really but just give is a shout bud or sure someone will help ya on her..u get crack versions off it but for a one off fee off 20 quid u cant go wrong..ive said prices here for things cause this is what i use but others will be different but i just like the no hassle off things mayb not workin..

thnx wilson bud al be having a look at some of these after christmas defo, just need to work out which is best for me and get signed up, been hearing alot of people talking about them and people on here seem to swear by them, as it looks like the days of the torrent sites are over these are the places to be, thnx for ya input mate!

anyone else got anything or your own experience and what software please chip in!

saw this offer this month and signed up :)

after being with giganews @ $30 a month for the same service..

all i can say is wow!!! :)

astraweb seems really good :D

i also had a problem as i cancled dd by accident with paypal... i was refunded and set back up within 24hrs :D quality service.

i have also heard that its better to pay via paypal than cc.:Cheers:

for the price the speed is not that bad :):)

for the price the speed is not that bad :):)
thats awesome, im gunna have to sort that out after christmas, along with about 20 hard drives for when i get downloading lol!

I signed up for this about 3 months ago. Download speed is excellent so is retention. I regularly max out my 20mb conection. I've learned to wait till after 9 0clock though, fekin traffic shapeing. Works out at £6.95 a month at the moment.

thebigman

And you get $5 off newsbin pro when you signup if you haven't got a newsreader yet.

Last edited:
Signed up for this deal a year ago now when i was getting into newsgroups, still loving the speeds, even more so on 50 meg lol. Big hol check out this guide to newsgroups m8 it what I was pointed too and used when just starting with em and I got it pretty much straight away

http://www.slyck.com/Newsgroup_Guide

Last edited:
Signed up for this deal a year ago now when i was getting into newsgroups, still loving the speeds, even more so on 50 meg lol. Big hol check out this guide to newsgroups m8 it what I was pointed too and used when just starting with em and I got it pretty much straight away

http://www.slyck.com/Newsgroup_Guide
cheers robc11 mate iv bookmarked that, will come in handy when i get round to setting 1 up, thanks!

Thanks to the OP,
This has finally swung me to nzb.

1 Question though and it is speed related.
I am using the above service with Grabit on non ssl (as ssl didnt work :S)

I have virgin 10mb and the pc is straight to the router by Ethernetand even during uncapped hours im maxing out at about 1200KB/s with 20 connections.

Is this the norm or is something amis.

Jama

1200KB/s is aprox 12Mb or 1.2MB

remember that altho its advertised as 10mb.. its not 10 MB a second its 10Mb which are differnt.

MB = mega bytes / Mb Mega bits

Ok thanks, i remembered it being something like that, so what im getting is the norm or if anything slightly better for my connection?

Jama

Back