Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Newbie Help Require - SB5100i

I have sigma X2 build 1.28 on her - not sure what you suggest I do with that download pack.

I have sigma X2 build 1.28 on her - not sure what you suggest I do with that download pack.

if u havent a blackcat cable nothin lol . if u have u could of reflashed it . but l think were missing something here. most common problems r just a mac thing

Well the MAC im currently using was from a member on here.

It works 100% on the 4100i

In December last year I was using a mates MAC (different UBR)

Only after running the ambit config tool has it stopped picking up the downstrream channel

u can make ur on blackcat m8 its quite ez take a look in the haynes guide @ the 5100 and u'll see... also open up the modem and see if ther is a 10 pin header solder to the board, if ther is then half the job is done already just pop in to ur nearest maplins and get the rest of bits tomorrow

I would but the schematics mean **** all mate.

I dont understand what any of the diagrams man.....If I had it in pics Id doo it in an instance.

Modded a few wii's, the soldering cant be that difficult.

Done this, and shows as:

HFC MAC - 00:MY:MA:CA:DD:IE (obviously - my valid MAC)
USB MAC - 00:MY:MA:CA:DD:IF (My MAC +1)

TFTIP - is set to the one DHCP force uses when sniffing

I have put in a random serial number (26 digits I believe)

Downstream manually set to 33100000

STILL no downstream lock

Oh it also HAS NOT reverted back to DE:AD

To me ur manual downstream is missing a zero at the end it should be 331MHz bud 331 and 6 zero's 331000000 - correct me if i'm wrong!

I was having probs getn online when i started on this type of modem i just went reflashed it and started again, blackcat cable and TCNiSO software, just followed the tut, thats me all sorted with them, all the tuts i used were on www.clandigital.co.uk website. great website really helpful and has everything you need, thanks to Cableguy69 and Granty

Back