Newbie Help Require - SB5100i

Ok - after following this advice from Cable Guy:

Get the Ambit tool set it like the picture

Enter the Mac address click apply once it's complete click quit, reboot your modem and try now. And before you say it, I know the Ambit Tool is set to Ambit 200, but just set it exactly as I have. If it still dosen't work check the "cm_annex 3 fix" box and click apply again.

at0965100setupcy1.jpg

I have this situation:

It now displays 00:20:40:DE:AD:01 and for USB NIC 00:20:40:DE:AD:09

I manually entered my desired MAC in Sigma

but now will not even aquire a downstream.....Also all settings in the config page show as 0 or blank, so it appears Im back a few steps :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS HOWEVER MAY HELP IDENTIFY THE ISSUE

Just been lent a 4100i with CyberCoax or whatever its called on it.

Input same MAC with th 07- flag and it worked first time, only failing on establishing time of day but I could surf absoloutely fine.

ANY help greatly appreciated!

It now displays 00:20:40:DE:AD:01 and for USB NIC 00:20:40:DE:AD:09

I manually entered my desired MAC in Sigma

but now will not even aquire a downstream.....Also all settings in the config page show as 0 or blank, so it appears Im back a few steps :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
u will get that above if u use the ambit tool on 5100 , u will need to reset the frequency to 31000000 and make sure the config file and tftp ip boxes r blank and reboot the modem to make sure the changes has taken affect

u will get that above if u use the ambit tool on 5100 , u will need to reset the frequency to 31000000 and make sure the config file and tftp ip boxes r blank and reboot the modem to make sure the changes has taken affect

Still exactly the same :(

It can not aquiire the downstream channel (doesnt lock????) No error log, it just keeps trying different frequencies.

Really staring to annoy me as I know the 4100i works :(

I have tried it that way previously.

First things first, I now need to work out why it wont aquire the downstream channel.

How do I change my USB NIC? As thats still 00:20:40:DE:AD:09

First things first, I now need to work out why it wont aquire the downstream channel.

l didnt have to set anything else but the mac and config and check the frequancy . if u check the frequancy of your subbed modem http://192.168.100.1 , but mine did the same with a few macs only 3 out of 20 worked

l didnt have to set anything else but the mac and config and check the frequancy . if u check the frequancy of your subbed modem http://192.168.100.1 , but mine did the same with a few macs only 3 out of 20 worked
l am in a urb02 and the best ones for me where ubr05 . o3 ones didnt work for m e and if your m8s only around the corner then thats the problem

Ive since got online with a SB4100i

There is nothing wrong with the MAC.

It works on the SB4100i - and the 5100i doesnt

sorry then , one thing does your page look the same ie / the enabled boxs

It does now - exactly like that but with my valid MAC and a different serial number (no telnet user/pass)

Tried a few downstream frequencies - still nothing.

It does now - exactly like that but with my valid MAC and a different serial number (no telnet user/pass)

Tried a few downstream frequencies - still nothing.
lets hope someones had the same problem will read this today then m8 . l know l had to unplug mine for ten seconds after every change because the modem restart on the page didnt work aswell

to change u will need to enable telnet server on sigma then run hyperterminal or telnet cmd
and login with the existing password that on the sigma page @ 192.168.100.1:1337 then stop the scaning by copying and pasting this command into hyperterminal or telnet

Code:
cd \cm_hal
scan_stop
cd \

then press enter then copy and paste this command

cd non-vol
cd halif
usb_mac_address 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
then press enter and reboot

you'll find that won't work. I had this issue on a 4100 a while back and found the only way to reset the usb mac from DE:AD is to give it a new flash from scratch

What do I put for my USB MAC?
the same as the mac ur using but the last digit of the usb mac needs to be 1 digit higher ie: if last 2 digit is 23 on the mac ur using ur using the usb mac must be 24

hehe i'm telling you, it wont work! it'll accept the new usb mac and then just reset itself to the old DE:AD one...

to change u will need to enable telnet server on sigma then run hyperterminal or telnet cmd
and login with the existing password that on the sigma page @ 192.168.100.1:1337 then stop the scaning by copying and pasting this command into hyperterminal or telnet

Code:
cd \cm_hal
scan_stop
cd \

then press enter then copy and paste this command

cd non-vol
cd halif
usb_mac_address 00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
write
then press enter and reboot

Done this, and shows as:

HFC MAC - 00:MY:MA:CA:DD:IE (obviously - my valid MAC)
USB MAC - 00:MY:MA:CA:DD:IF (My MAC +1)

TFTIP - is set to the one DHCP force uses when sniffing

I have put in a random serial number (26 digits I believe)

Downstream manually set to 33100000

STILL no downstream lock

Oh it also HAS NOT reverted back to DE:AD

Done this, and shows as:

HFC MAC - 00:MY:MA:CA:DD:IE (obviously - my valid MAC)
USB MAC - 00:MY:MA:CA:DD:IF (My MAC +1)

TFTIP - is set to the one DHCP force uses when sniffing

I have put in a random serial number (26 digits I believe)

Downstream manually set to 33100000

STILL no downstream lock

Oh it also HAS NOT reverted back to DE:AD
i like that above, yes m8 that correct... m8 i would say reflash back to original stock just so u know its working and u can get online with it, then once u get it working with original f/w u can then flash it with stealth 13.5 otherwise u might end up spending another few day on it

If I need a cable to do that Im basically screwed, cant fathom out the max 23x cable schematics for shit!

Or any other for that matter - can solder to some extent though.

Honestly dont have the time to research building a cable when a search for those queries only return people talking about them.....not construction

Back