HELP NEEDED ... Modem keep restarting when download or streaming

rowl3y

DW Member
Reaction score
i have a sb5100i and using the "SIGMA-X2 - Stealth Edition build 12.2 by FERCSA" the :1337 page

when im download or streaming well using the 20meg conection the modem just restart's then locks back

i no its not the mac's as i have tryed loads

it stay's on free week but till i download or try watch the football it restart's

has anyone else had this or even not whats wrong to fix this as it doing my brain in

thanks

i have a sb5100i and using the "SIGMA-X2 - Stealth Edition build 12.2 by FERCSA" the :1337 page

when im download or streaming well using the 20meg conection the modem just restart's then locks back

i no its not the mac's as i have tryed loads

it stay's on free week but till i download or try watch the football it restart's

has anyone else had this or even not whats wrong to fix this as it doing my brain in

thanks

hmm whats your signal levels

ok i don;t really understand the signal's but here a screen shot

2ch510i.gif

Frequency 331000000 Hz Locked
Signal to Noise Ratio 38 dB
Power Level -3 dBmV The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading

Channel ID 3
Frequency 34000000 Hz Ranged

Power Level 49 dBmV

anyone else no anythink why this could be doig this

Mac in same segment

It isnt steathed or most defo mac in same segment go out further

well thort i fixed to day as i found a 02 urb as im 01 and getload of mac from there tryed 5 mac's and when u hit a high download i get booted

it like the hole modem is restarting

well the modem is restarting

it goes banks then the 3 light flash then start to conect :(

nah i have not put it in there would it need to be in there also are they all the same ??

the only one l have had this is when l have a bad splitter , it worked all day without a problem but as soon as l started to download it was going off . replaced that and its been fine

i have a frew on my line as i have 2 modem's running and 3 tv boxes running on the same line

could it be that u think ?

i used to have a surfboard that done that too, similar signal also -3db, sometimes it would drop down to -7 etc too, and my only fix for this was to get a booster on the line and get the signal power up to about +3db's or a little more, but even at that it still cut off sometimes, so who knows....

Last edited by a moderator:
well im moving this week and get my mate the TW engineer to in stall my wire's for me

I'd say low signal problem. Had this problem myself a while ago at a friends house.

How are your splitters installed and where is the modem located on the splits?

e.g. Main feed goes to a 5 way splitter

Or

main feed to 2 way splitter > feed split #1 goes to 2 way splitter
|>feed split #2 goes to 2 way splitter > then another 2 Way splitter to box and modem.

:)

Just re-read my post and it may not be very clear....

Here's another e.g.

If you could post how your setup is?

yes like that

SPOOKY! lol

Depending on the layout then I would suggest using 1 X 5 way splitter.

Other way would be 1 X 4 way and 1 X 2 way but the 1 X 5 way woul dbe best option as each feed would get pretty much the same power then ;)

If your mate works for TW then get the cable off him for free, and he may have a 5 way splitter too but doubt it.

its buggy firmware

get on a ubr that isnt overcrowded
and download from the blueyonder ftp

2300k for a few seconds maybe 5

then the modem reboots

there's nothing you can do apart from change firmware
or dont download at 2.3meg a sec

nah i have not put it in there would it need to be in there also are they all the same ??

as far as im aware it should be in there never done one without it look Here for yours they are diffrent

Last edited by a moderator:
Back