new to this so need help

stevemac69

Inactive User
Reaction score
as the title says im new to this so here goes.i m thinking off getting a kryptview receiver can some one tell me which is the best to get and i know this sounds checky but what all do i need to get this up an running and what channels does the krypt get or is there anyone in hemel hempstead that could help many thnks

kv 780 is what you need and a good read
they are not hard to set up and use and there is plenty of info in this section to help you

also got the phoenix hd a850 working very nicely in glorious hd

if you have an old pc with xp and it has a serial port/rs232 you are half way there and all you need is a null modem cable
is what you need for the 780 model.
the phoenix hd a850 you need a usb stick to flash the box.
channels are area dependent for some but will get movies and sports

i think there are a few up and down ones.

do i need a live cable feed im on the xl package now but wanna do away with it so is all i need is internet?

you can do away with it altogether but after a time they will disconnect you from the green box outside
but if you have bb with them then the feed will stay live
my say is if you want to reduce them get the basic form them but keep bb as is

if i lower it to just the basic channels would that still work?

I rang to cancel my basic package last year - the lady at VM said 'keep the box, you might want to watch an on-demand film' : so I kept the box, I just get the freeview channels on it (no line rental to pay) and can buy a film if I wish. I think VM's thinking is that i might change my mind and at least they have their box in my house and I might buy a film every now and then ..

and I have a K*r*tview for 'other' channels .........!

I rang to cancel my basic package last year - the lady at VM said 'keep the box, you might want to watch an on-demand film' : so I kept the box, I just get the freeview channels on it (no line rental to pay) and can buy a film if I wish. I think VM's thinking is that i might change my mind and at least they have their box in my house and I might buy a film every now and then ..

and I have a K*r*tview for 'other' channels .........!

thats all i did,we just use our vm for catchup tv, well we did before the dog chewed the vm remote wed night......eb-y here i come for replacement

Back