New to This OnDigital stuff

A

ashman_uk1

someone please help !
i have just aquired an elvis programmer and an OnDigital system. The problem is i'm not sure what to do or how to do it as far as backing up smartcards etc. I would appreciate it if someone could lend an helping hand. I have also looked at wolverines site but not sure what to do. thanx. ashman_uk1. peace.

right here we go:

1. you need a gold wafer card or a pcb type (ugly type and if you have nokia box u cant shut flap) or you could use your original card (not recomended if you have never proged before) and a gold wafer card is a card that contains 2 chips a eeprom (24lc16) and a pic chip (16f84) you can get them from Maxking and they are only 5 pounds for the ugly type and 6 quid for the gold cards BEST PRICE I HAVE EVER SEEN :D .

2. you need a hex file to load onto the chips, the most sort for is the dbmg2 i changed to this from the old monthly updates you can get this from my site "Mickie D's at the bottom of the forum then click on ON Digital unzip the zip to any folder u like but remember where you put it.

3.right now here is where your elvis comes in handy --- in the dbmg2 folder you have made get the eeprom.hex programe it to the eeprom section in your programmer software then programme the dbmg20.hex to the pic section.

please note when programming the pic section make sure that you use theese settings:

oscillator
set to --- XT

Power up
set to --- Disabled

Watchdog
set to --- Disabled

Protection
to me it never seemed to matter but i have heard some people have problems with it
set to --- Disabled

if you need any more help please ask !! ;)

Bugger i forgot to mention that you need to use the remote control to update the codes as on dig switch the codes over every month.

here we go (again)

1. as you have programmed your new card with the dbmg2 code stick it in the box.

2.go to a fta (free to all) and switch the box off, use channel 1 i do and it always works ok for me.

3.then turn the digital on and it will come back on channel 1 right now go to into the menu and select 3 (perental Lock).

4.The number 1 option should read 'change parental code', press 1 to select it.
Enter the first 4 digit code and press select.
The reply should be 'invalid parental code'. This is correct, press select again.
Enter the next 4 digit code and again press select twice.
Continue until you have entered all 8 codes.
After the last code has been entered press select only once and then the EXIT button.

OK here are aprils codes for the dbmg2 code:

0338 0558 0905 1099 1479 1714 1850 2245

Has anyone got any information regarding teh settings and software for a John Morrison card programmer?

rock.gif

Hi all, yet again another newbie to the On Digital Hacking World. I have my system installed next to my Sky Digital (Come On Please Hack This Thing) and want to know whic programmer is the best to buy really. Not the most expensive but the best one that will do the job for a beginner. Thanks Guyz.

Right then Goldberg here we go.
The Programmer that most members seemed to like, and myself is the Elvis programmer Not the cheapest but it is Probly the best around then you need a card there is two sorts a pcb card the one with chips on or a gold card looks like the original card that came with the STB but gold,
This seems to be the best card for closing the flap on the front of the box.
You can get the cards from www.maxking.co.uk. And the prorgrammer from www.mb-electronics.co.uk you could get a card for free with the programmer if your cheeky, I did when you get your gear then come back to use....... :D
The Digital World Team.

[ 09 May 2001: Message edited by: gazer ]

hello hackers......

i have an ondigital box at the moment.. yes im a newbie.. and i have heard about these cards you can get to replace your original card in the box, auto coding and manual coding. Well, what are the advantages of each and how would i get one? Can i make a one off payment and get all the channels permanently????? (i dont plan to sell cards, i just want one for myself)

Thanks!

Stufunky - [email protected]

Well stufunky the answer is yes but you do need a programmer as well as a card and yes you can program them to auto update or by useing your remote to update each month.
The remote side of things seem to be the more reliable but you do need to put the new codes in each month.....
on the other hand the auto update cards you need reliable hex files that ondig will not get hold of which thay ten to.
then your card goes off.....Hope this is some use to you m8 Try www.mb-electronics.co.uk for programmers and cards..... :D :cool: Gazer.

Hi Guys,

Been looking around for cards and I looked at the company I purchased my original JM programmer from. Crownhill Associates LTD.

Their web URL is http://www.crownhill.co.uk

They dop lots of cards on there very cheap BUT they do not seem to list the cards required - I might be overlooking something, take a look. I tried calling the office but the girl their didn't seem to know what the device I was asking for was - when I said "wafer card" I think she thought it was supposed to have ice cream in!!

A friend of mine says he can get cards for £2 - This, if true, I will see tomorrow.

I AM NEW to this stuff

Can anyone please tell me if these Elvis programmers would work with a PaceDTR730-IM box? and does the programmer go into a spare slot on the computer.

A reply that an idiot like me would understand would be appreciated. :confused:

I've got my elvis and some goldcards, and am ready to go!!! I've researched on the net and if i need any help i'll be back. Cheers guyz, you have been so helpful. Normally people keep this info to them selves. Thanx again and see you soon no doubt. :D

No probs m8 good to see you are sorted....Now it's fun time :D :D Gazer.

Pleeeeeeze can any1 help a neewbi?
b4 i go to the xpense of buyin an Elvis prog will i be able to program a gold card for 1/ a pace ondigi box and 2/ a pace box wich isnt connected by meenz of the modem conn to Ondigital

I got hold of a programmed gold card from the net but you need to programme the codes each month using the remote through the parental lock where do I find the codes???

hope you clever hackers can help

Dave

Fristy lizzoYes is the answer, The Elvis is a good programmer and will do what you need it to do m8.....
SaintsA couple of ways to get the monthly codes is to go to my home page or click on mickie Ds at the bottom of the page then click the ondigital on the left......
Hope this as helped you both out.
The Digital World Team :D :cool:

Back