new to sat

dictap

Inactive User
Reaction score
Greetings all. Now that the cable scene has near enough died a death, i have the chance of GbSat receiver and motorized dish, for free :). Now i will admit i know absolutely nothing about the sat scene. So first question is, is this receiver worth having. It has one card slot but two titanium cards are with it. Second question, will my infinity card reader work with these cards, and thirdly what sort of channels can i expect to get with this set up. Thanks for reading and for any information given

(hope i've posted in correct section btw)

You could get uk freesat channels but wouldnt have an epg.
These receivers werent that great 6 years back so I doubt it will be much different. The cards are also well outdated. You should expect to only get free channels with that set up so you might want to look at a dm500 clone or tm500 or similar, or alternatively a freesat box for £25 which will give epg on the uk free channels.

Thanks for your reply, well if it turns out not to be of much use, i could always use the motorised dish with another receiver couldn't i ?

Yes the motor should work fine with other receivers. If it is old it may likely only be diseqc 1.2 so it may not have 'usals' function. That just means manually adding each satellite rather than automatic locating to each one.

I was told that the set up searches for sats, usals rings a bell also

Back