New Sky Card?

for a new install, sky only send out ONE card, and at the moment, the installs im booking and fitting are still blue cards, even for HD, not that HD ones would be any different, but some people seem to think they are for some reason

a card i ordered friday arrived this morning for a new customer, and is a blue card, the first one i fit for someone that has a white card, im activating the card in their box, telling them theres a problem and i need to replace the box, taking the whole lot back to my house, slamming the card into my dreambox in the cupboard, and turning on all the tellys around the house

and hopefully, theyll all still work as they are now with a blue card

freesat channels although some require a card for copyright reasons e.g channel 5 is not alowed to be broadcast outside th u.k so thats why it needs a card to stop it from being brodcast outside the u.k

FIVE needed a card as it was locked into a contract with NDS, five is now available without a card on any fta receiver

for a new install, sky only send out ONE card, and at the moment, the installs im booking and fitting are still blue cards, even for HD, not that HD ones would be any different, but some people seem to think they are for some reason

a card i ordered friday arrived this morning for a new customer, and is a blue card, the first one i fit for someone that has a white card, im activating the card in their box, telling them theres a problem and i need to replace the box, taking the whole lot back to my house, slamming the card into my dreambox in the cupboard, and turning on all the tellys around the house

and hopefully, theyll all still work as they are now with a blue card

FIVE needed a card as it was locked into a contract with NDS, five is now available without a card on any fta receiver
pmsl how many tellys you got hope you have a licence for them all

came home today to find a msg on screen telling me to look out for my new card arriving soon, fck they card !!! wheres my new EPG :)

yep we have all seen it and on there site what they are telling you to do as soon as you get your new card when we get them but no one knows

pmsl how many tellys you got hope you have a licence for them all

5 lcds on the walls, 3 half way through being repaired, and 2 temp test ones

none of them need licenses though as theyre display monitors, not tellys ;)

5 lcds on the walls, 3 half way through being repaired, and 2 temp test ones

none of them need licenses though as theyre display monitors, not tellys ;)

lol i like that display monitors hehe

Got my new card in about an hour ago

my mate got sky hd installed on friday.he is still using the old card at the moment,new one is not activated yet.i will try and get a pic for you.

Are you seriously trying to pass off that picture as your mates new card??

pmsl.

any chance of a pic m8?

Aye sure

DSCN0693-1.jpg

DSCN0694.jpg

Last edited:
Wow official evidence. FWIW my brother said there was a message on his sky box last night stating that his "new card" was on its way out. So looks like they are starting the roll out.

My mother lives in Spain and get the free channels with a card she purchased from a local about 5 years ago. Will she need a new free sky card to continue receiving the channels? If so where can she purchase one. I know she will need to register it to a UK address.

Wiggy

They had to change this year as they have a deal with nds for so many years of each system they use this one had run out or was said to have run out last year i think but sky put it of till this year if there was a hack that was going to go public you can bet there card change would be done right away
have a deal with NDS sky is NDS

have a deal with NDS sky is NDS

Yes they are all owned by News Corporation but run as two different companies so they bskyb would have to take a deal with nds to run there encryption system witch was said to have run out last year or the year before now what was said was the deal they made was for a card change to take place this year were nds were looking them to do it a year or two before i think also news corporation are looking into selling of there share in nds so they can make a full take over bid for the german prem provider there was a big press release a while back about this so if this dose happen then they will own it no more but im sure they will still use there encryption system

My mother lives in Spain and get the free channels with a card she purchased from a local about 5 years ago. Will she need a new free sky card to continue receiving the channels? If so where can she purchase one. I know she will need to register it to a UK address.

Wiggy

you can phone them up and say you have seen on your tv about the card change and you would like to know if you could buy a new fta card and im sure they will send you a new one out that you can then send on to her

you can phone them up and say you have seen on your tv about the card change and you would like to know if you could buy a new fta card and im sure they will send you a new one out that you can then send on to her

Thanks for the response. Are the cards tied to the box? Will they need any info from the box? I just want to be prepared before I call.

Sorry if this is obvious, I never really used Sky, I'm more into cable.

WIggy

It might be better if you have a box there im not to sure what they will ask you m8 to tell you the truth and also they might want the phone line put in to talk to box and card you never know what way they would want to do it with the fta cards might phone them my self and ask for one for a spare box i have cant see them sending out the new one mind you but worth a try to see what happens

edit

Might be better m8 if you have a box just phoned them and they said when you get the new card you have to ring a number and also said that the card can only be used in the uk lol as if also it was 19.50 or so cant remember now what card they send i dont know but they will have to said new one anyway at some point

Last edited:
first person to come out and be able to say they have it lol about time would be nice to see if cccam can read it or even newcs

paul-k, post it to me for a week m8, lol

i cant wait for one to come

Back