New Sky Card?

crackerchalk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all
Just seen a ad saying they were issuing new cards
Now does that mean i wont get the freeview soon?
Does it mean i got to get a new card also?

first ive heard..

but switcho off wont happen till all is rolled out./.

as for thr free view.. you will still get that as its broadcasted non encrypted iirc

If you paid for an ftv card within the last 3 years you will get a replacement. If not, you will have to purchase a new card when the old one is turned off (which will be a few months yet). Btw, its been discussed here already.
Channel 5 still needs the card, but this should change soon. Some channels that do need the card will be Fiver, Five US, Sky3, Fox News

You have one of the new cards or are you going by a pic you have seen m8?

my mate got sky hd installed on friday.he is still using the old card at the moment,new one is not activated yet.i will try and get a pic for you.

Last edited:
my mate got sky hd installed on friday.he is still using the old card at the moment,new one is not activated yet.i will try and get a pic for you.

Very strange as the post i seen on one of the main a/v forums of 3 people that had got new cards on install of hd and plain sky+ were using the cards as we talk as it was the only card they got sent to them cant see them giving your m8 two cards after all the new caid is in stream from what has been said so im sure the cards would work and it dose say on the sky site when you get your card to put it in and what to do to update it have a look your self nothing about dates or anything also on another note i have seen a hd install done yesterday and it was still old card used so untill i see one of these cards in my hand ill not beleave it not saying your m8 has not got one but there is only a hand full of people with these so they say and ever story is different some saying they are using the cards already and now saying they have to wait also if thats your m8s card i hope you have changed the numbers on it lol as you have just showed every one from sky that he let some one take a picture of his card and post it here and maby there is a chance he shares it
h**p://www.skyviewinghelp.com/how-to-change/step-by-step-guide.html

Last edited:
Very strange as the post i seen on one of the main a/v forums of 3 people that had got new cards on install of hd and plain sky+ were using the cards as we talk as it was the only card they got sent to them cant see them giving your m8 two cards after all the new caid is in stream from what has been said so im sure the cards would work and it dose say on the sky site when you get your card to put it in and what to do to update it have a look your self nothing about dates or anything also on another note i have seen a hd install done yesterday and it was still old card used so untill i see one of these cards in my hand ill not beleave it not saying your m8 has not got one but there is only a hand full of people with these so they say and ever story is different some saying they are using the cards already and now saying they have to wait also if thats your m8s card i hope you have changed the numbers on it lol as you have just showed every one from sky that he let some one take a picture of his card and post it here and maby there is a chance he shares it
h**p://www.skyviewinghelp.com/how-to-change/step-by-step-guide.html

Have you checked the no. on that card 123456789
So it deffo aint a real card

Have you checked the no. on that card 123456789
So it deffo aint a real card

lol should have looked better but just cant get my head round this , do you not think its funny that some one can come in here with 3 posts and say there m8 has this card when we have people that are on these forums that work for sky and they have not seen one of these white cards yet strange after all they are doing the installs and the amount of people that use these forums and still no one has one even over in the c/s forums there is talk but no one of trust has come out and said they have the new card also is it not funny that his m8 is not using the new card when it states on that site when you get your new card what todo the only thing we can say is that when this card change happens if it even happens we will know as every one will be looking to see if it can be used is different receiver than what sky use

there only changing the card as there old ones were probably close to being hacked/ or had been hacked you should still be able to get the freesat channels although some require a card for copyright reasons e.g channel 5 is not alowed to be broadcast outside th u.k so thats why it needs a card to stop it from being brodcast outside the u.k

They had to change this year as they have a deal with nds for so many years of each system they use this one had run out or was said to have run out last year i think but sky put it of till this year if there was a hack that was going to go public you can bet there card change would be done right away

lol should have looked better but just cant get my head round this , do you not think its funny that some one can come in here with 3 posts and say there m8 has this card when we have people that are on these forums that work for sky and they have not seen one of these white cards yet strange after all they are doing the installs and the amount of people that use these forums and still no one has one even over in the c/s forums there is talk but no one of trust has come out and said they have the new card also is it not funny that his m8 is not using the new card when it states on that site when you get your new card what todo the only thing we can say is that when this card change happens if it even happens we will know as every one will be looking to see if it can be used is different receiver than what sky use

just have to wait and see eh?:Dunce:

Pic supplied was too bloody small to see what PIC was embeded on it.
Looks like a standard sky picture anyway so will need to wait for a real card picture.
Care to tell us what chip is being used anyone??

just have to wait and see eh?:Dunce:

Im not saying the card change is not going to happen we well know it will at some point but there is that much talk and not enough people out there with these new cards , also you said your m8 got a new install but is using the blue card but has a white one there as well very strange they would have sent one or the othere and the guy doing the install would have put what ever card had been sent in to the receiver , on another note if as you say your m8 has the new card why is it out of all the posts that have been made on a couple of forums is he not using it after all they got new installs done and got the new white card used that got sent to them strange is it not and not one of these people have been able to post a picture of there card in there receiver untill some one dose this know one will know these cards are out also every c/s forum that is talking about it have members that are getting new installs done and still getting blue cards your m8 must be well in there to get one of these new card before the rest of the uk also the chip in that picture looks as if it has been used sure you never ripped in photo shop or some one on a forum did it messing about :Dunce::Dunce:

Last edited:
Pic supplied was too bloody small to see what PIC was embeded on it.
Looks like a standard sky picture anyway so will need to wait for a real card picture.
Care to tell us what chip is being used anyone??

no one knows as we are not sure what we are getting as up to now there has been no cards sent out to anyone that we know of the only thing that has been said at the min on alot of the forums is the nds3 caid is in stream now if we get the same card as italy no one knows it could be nds3 but different from what they are using in italy

Last edited:

just been looking about the net and look what i found shame on you looks to be the same picture as you put up dose it not or was that not your m8s card

h**p://www.skyviewinghelp.com/index.html

Last edited:
just been looking about the net and look what i found shame on you looks to be the same picture as you put up dose it not or was that not your m8s card

h**p://www.skyviewinghelp.com/index.html

obviously not going to put a pic of my m8's card on.it is the same as that card that's all.i have seen it.

So what your now saying is you said you were going to get a picture of your m8s card but you just give us a picture of one thats been going about and now your saying your not going to give us a picture of your m8s card why did you not just say that in the first place , this is mine and alot of othere peoples point people have been coming on to these forums for weeks saying they have the new card and not one of them will back it up we have all heard the same old story guy down the pub said or my m8's m8 said if there is cards out there i know people that have got installs done and have all got the old card even know people that do installs and not one of them can say they have seen the new card all they know is its going to happen at some point we all know this but till people can start backing up they have the cards we wont know

Also your m8 is the first one out of all the posts on the net about this new card to have got two cards for a new install white and blue and he is not using his why not all the other people that are saying they got the new card are using theres on there new install of sky+ or hd or even plain set top box very strange think this will be my last post on this as you are only letting us know what we already know

Last edited:
Back