New Sky Card?

Why do I have the feeling that once the card swap is complete, Sky is going to change the camcrypt? BoomTV (Romania) did that and now you can't use their card in newcs (or any other card server, for that matter). It's being shared though but the solution is definitely not public. It involves tapping into the box and utilize its cryptocpu features, which of course requires some advanced knowledge of the box hardware and software.

They could well do this but as its a big card that a lot of people want to see all over europe not just in the uk this would then mean what ever receiver has it working first would make the most this is were you will see soft cams that will only work on one type of receiver for so long ,for talk sake look at cccam most people wanted it as there was a lot of dev work going on with it but it would only work on a dreambox and as most servers at the time of it were running cccam not them all but some of them with the main cards then most people want a dreambox so they can link to these servers cccam then added the option to put an n line in so you can link to other servers so this soft cam stands out that wee bit more from the rest, even look at the krytview receiver that is used in cable it was the first receiver to have n2 working on it in ireland i don't know if they sold many but with the team that works on this i would like to think they did as there dev team would be one of the best in there filed for nagra and will always be in front because of this its a big game all round but until they do this change we wont know hope its not to bad

Last edited:
Anyone know if a phone line will be needed to "validate", or whatever, the new card once inserted? If so then I've a problem since I'm no longer in the UK... gah...

if you have the original blue card, then by following the instructions available on channel 998 you should be able to do it by swapping the cards over, otherwise youll need to phone sly, with all the account details that go with the card, so they can send an over the air signal to it

Hi all
Just seen a ad saying they were issuing new cards
Now does that mean i wont get the freeview soon?
Does it mean i got to get a new card also?

you could always ring sky up and pay £19.99 a one off payment and get five and a lot more channels than free veiw and a better pic off your dish

Will the yellow house blue cards all be switched off?

I use one for the FTV channels

Have not seen much said about the freesat cards but im sure if you have only got it or its under the amount of years that they said they would change for free them you should get one

Hi digidude,
I just came accross yuor test result and would be glad to learn from you which cccam and newcs are you using? my result don't look anything near thyours and I cannot get even one channel with new s* y card

thanx

im playing with one here

Hi digidude,
I just came accross yuor test result and would be glad to learn from you which cccam and newcs are you using? my result don't look anything near thyours and I cannot get even one channel with new s* y card

thanx

you have to use newcs 1.66 or above to read the card m8, then either cccam or mgcamd to get the keys from newcs

ive now had one running in a TM500, without crashing once for 88 days, listing nearly 1 million ECMs on the local account lol

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
anyone got any idea when they'll acturally finish sending thse things out? im getting fed up of the advert explaining how to pull something out of a slot and push something else in its place!!

sky must think im really thick! acturallly, i must be seeing as they are getting my money every month grr lol

hi i was sent a new sly card even though i havent subcribed to them for well over a year. as soon as i opened the letter i thought it was xmas. I slammed it in my TM 5400CIsuperUSB but no channels opened other than the freesat that i could already recieve i also tried it in my diablo in the same box to no avail.
Any ideas how i can get it to open some good cahnnels cheers all.

you need to insert it into an official sky digibox to activate it m8

will sky be able to tell that i have put it in another receiver or not. If it has only got the free channels is thier anyway of programming it so i can get all the channels.

will sky be able to tell that i have put it in another receiver or not. If it has only got the free channels is thier anyway of programming it so i can get all the channels.

in one word no
you have to subscribe to get non free to air channels

recieved my new card this morning, swapped it over no problem, is the old card now dead? or can it be used for anything?

i see they have also stopped the free use of sky + Ive had sky + for well over a year since I cancelled my subscription, I was using it on the HD sky box, however to my dismay I had a message saying SKy + no longer working please contact broadcaster message appear, I contacted sky to ask them why sky + recording was now not working and they replied in order for me to get it back I would have to resubscribe to my orginal package, I told them that I had cancelled the package because they had not told me I was on a year contract because I had the HD channels, and when I had found out that I was on the year contract I cancelled it within the 30 day cooling off period. I explained all this but the lady was insistant that I would have to subscribe again to get Sly + back, I then politely told them to shove it and have since bought a freesat HD PVR the humax one which has had some really good reviews.

It amazes me how they get away with some of their behavior, and why they have the worst customer services out there, because they have monopolised the market and when any competitors come about they swamp them with untenable deals its a disgrace really virgin seem to be the only alternative yet Im not able to get them as we dont live in a cable area. But this sort of behavior really does make my blood fucking boil bastads I hate sky..

recieved my new card this morning, swapped it over no problem, is the old card now dead? or can it be used for anything?

keep hold of it, my new card went down 3 weeks after activation and old one started working again, then only yesterday both were dead
sky had to re-activate the white one by sending their mysterious signal to override the "this card is not correct for this set top box" onscreen warning,

on a lighter note, you could always use it as an ice scraper when the weather get bad

keep hold of it, my new card went down 3 weeks after activation and old one started working again, then only yesterday both were dead
sky had to re-activate the white one by sending their mysterious signal to override the "this card is not correct for this set top box" onscreen warning,

on a lighter note, you could always use it as an ice scraper when the weather get bad

strange! its sitting in the draw under the telly so i'l keep it there for the time being, im tempted to put it on ebay for a few hundred quid and claim it'll clear every channel. someone will be stupid enough to buy it hehehe.

on another note, will it clear sky3 and five in another box?

Back