New Sat Set up advice

bennyben

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm an ex CABLE Dreambox owner, moving to a new flat and i'll be installing a Sat Dish

Theres a note on the cable section

"As you are aware cable has moved over to N3!
You are probably wondering what is next right ?
Well you can do everything you was already doing before with satellite, and with satellite you have a much larger area to play with, there are hundreds of satellites in the sky that contain a number of channels, THOUSANDS, not hundreds!!!, did we forget to mention 3pm football matches? Yes Satellite is like a massive upgrade on what you have been already been interested in!"

What topic should i search for?
I'm hoping to install a motorised SAT dish and reciever, budget is about £300 - £400
What sat reciever should i buy?
What dish would be best to use?
How do i watch 3pm footy?
What channels can i get?
Should i be looking for C/S info?

I'm happy to research into this myself, just need an idea what to look for.

Thanks!!

my advice would be VU+ duo for receiver or dm800se clone if the second tuner is not important to you. You will wanna add a hard drive to these prob also. Dish size will depend on what exactly you wanna get, where you are in the country and how ugly you dont want it to look :) I got a 85cm in Essex and get most stuff needed. As for the rest the answer is yes you are looking at finding out about c/s. Have a good read up m8. theres plenty on here to get you going.

Hi
Not having a go @ Mark, but i would not touch a clone, till you get a little more into satellite. I,d go for a TM, or
a spiderbox. Clone Dreamboxes are a pain in the ar"e if they go wrong and they do a lot of the time, just look up
in the dreambox 800 section and you,ll know what i,m on about. If you really do want a clone, go for a Eagle.
They are good stb,s with no history and ton,s of support and they are linux and they now do HD versions.

Fezzy

Funny that as I've always had clones except for a tm600,guess which one died first :rolleyes:

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk

first sat box should be something like the blade 7000 you should have this running in 10 mins
its not linux and client only but gives an easy route into sat.the performance of the blade is great
multi sat if easy to set up and scan, the epg is good and its about 130 so should be able to get the box and motorised
setup for about £300 and maybe once the vu duo clones get proven and you are feeling like you want a little more
sell the blade and put the extra to a vu clone

Hi
Not having a go @ Mark, but i would not touch a clone, till you get a little more into satellite. I,d go for a TM, or
a spiderbox. Clone Dreamboxes are a pain in the ar"e if they go wrong and they do a lot of the time, just look up
in the dreambox 800 section and you,ll know what i,m on about. If you really do want a clone, go for a Eagle.
They are good stb,s with no history and ton,s of support and they are linux and they now do HD versions.

Fezzy

Eagle HD is not linux.

Thanks all for the info, will start researching!!!

you should be preety used to linux operating system due to your cable box.

1. Sort out what you want to receive and how big a dish you will need, have it installed or read the stickies and do it yourself. Very simple.
2. HD or not? then choose a box
3. Linux or Non linux? I would go for the linux anyday, takes a bit of getting used to but worth every penny, many good boxes out there to name so search for your preference, technomate, vu+ ect ect.. my advise stay away from cloned receivers until you get the hang of it, and personal i hate cloned receivers as any of them i have encountered have caused me or someone i know problems.
4. Have a beer
5. do some more research of what wonderful things you can pick up
6. have another beer
7. watch tv
8. drink a bottle of whiskey ... happy days

Back