New Flat 3 pin Plug

Brilliant, but unfortunately I am not sure this will ever go into production.

Great find elkopite, I like that a lot, why did it take so long to come up with that idea?

I hope the marketing guys are a bit more enthusiastic than the monotone drone speaking on the vid :)

lol ..the reason for the monotone voice is because this is the voice of the inventor explaining her idea..

Looks really good. I particularly like the adapter possibilities.

Looks really good. I particularly like the adapter possibilities.

yes got to agree the adapter more than the plug itself, pity once the plug is in you couldnt fold the centre piece over to the left or the right and clip it in.

But yes i would definitely invest.

I cant see it being any good, due to the fact that the phase and neutral rotate on some kind of brush. I can see this wearing very easily and then bursting into flames.

I cant see it being any good, due to the fact that the phase and neutral rotate on some kind of brush. I can see this wearing very easily and then bursting into flames.

I would agree. The British three-pin plug is over-engineered compared with foreign equivalents and we have some of the most stringent electrical safety standards in the world. I can't see them loosening those standards.

It's a nice concept.

I like it when she talks about the damage inside a laptop briefcase.

'It can rip papers, and other stuff.'

However, as Mairy has said, there are major health and safety concerns.

One would be after inserting the plug, there is the possibility of leaving the flaps back, thus exposing live pins.

You beat me to it!!
I wonder if they tested for wear and tear
1 other thing suppose you cant turn it the wrong way
As that would be bad
Great idea but watch out for the cheap immatations

This will make life easier for the people with disablities to hands
All you need is a finger to remove plug

The idea is definitely there, and as said, great for people with hand problems, hopefully it'll eventually come fruition, once the safety concerns have been overcome.

How many laptops have the transformer inside them anyway?

Surely the plug isnt as bulky as the transformer just along the wire from it .. lol

I wonder about the derating due to temperature rise if you get an adapter with eight sockets in the space of four inches.

while it looks good (folded)...the plastic flaps look crap, and like mozr said what stops you not folding them out?

and the fuse could be taken out while in the wall?

Last edited:
It's a great idea but still needs to work on the safety issue mentioned above.

Loved reading the comments started on the site - for me I'd take the british plug over other ones anyday.

Back