New Firmware Likely this week?

I expect they could have done that at any time, not sure on the complications with that, different laws in different countries etc etc, but yes, your correct, that would seem to be the next step, and maybe that would be in an update from a future game, the update detects the console has been banned and then renders it useless with a big :feck: on the screen after the update :)

there will come a time when ms will find a way of completing banning your modded console so that even if you play backups or originals ,withou going on live.. it will refuse to play...the way technology is moving i wouldnt be surprised..

They can't do that, it would be illegal.

You have to remember the console belongs to you, not Microsoft.
They can only ban it from the live service because of the term of use.

They can't do that, it would be illegal.

You have to remember the console belongs to you, not Microsoft.
They can only ban it from the live service because of the term of use.

what we are doing to them is also illegal...lol

I am not saying it is his fault, I appreciate his firmwares, but I am not so naive to think he has no relationship with MS regarding these ixtream FW's.
They are so apparently delectable, which we all now know is rubbish.

I take the risk, and don't blame him at all.

Jesus Christ. Is no place free from conspiracy bollocks?

If he was in MS's pocket he would not release new firmwares.

He would be being wanked off by a ladyboy masseuse, I imagine...

Jesus Christ. Is no place free from conspiracy bollocks?

He would be being wanked off by a ladyboy masseuse, I imagine...

Classic response, where you put 'i imagine' I guess thats a similar thing to when someone says they have a 'friend' who likes to dabble etc etc :)

Keep up the good work mate, good replies are always welcome :)

Do you think after all these years of doing what c4 does - he is stupid enough to give MS his name etc

Seriously - people like bunnie and tmbinc hacked the 360 - I mean hacked .....

They went to MS before releasing it.....

The only way I see round this long term is to have an independant gaming network setup to rival Live ...like leaf or similar ....that way we could still game online without giving MS access to the consoles.

If they have no access to them they can't ban them ....simples

What they may do to stay on the right side of the law is to stop all future updates of flagged consoles implemented by an update.

Last edited:

Absolutely 100% agree. MS would rather have a nonhacked console like Sony than get someone to release a hack just to catch people out. Where is the logic in that?

Or...

I heard that c4eva is really Steve Jobbs... FACT

ive never heard such rubbish blaming c4eva for the banning consoles lmfao
have you heard the saying dont bite the hand that feeds you.
i wouldnt blame him idf he said stuff it thats me finished for some tit accusing him.

Why not just flash with 1.61 or whatever and play games offline and enjoy them until new firmware is out and if you really want to play online using a 3rd party programe like other members on dw.

We all owe C4Eva a great debt of gratitude and even if he does not produce anymore firmware's i for one would like to shake his hand and say "THANK YOU" for all you're efforts.

wats the rush 4 the new fw.. we will all get banned again even with the new fw ye we always do..

just buy the games....

It wont come out until the new dash update has been looked at anyway. Then when everyone flashes to it, they will all be banned because of old flags and everyone will start whinging again. And Bill Gates retired over a year ago so it's not his fault.

It wont come out until the new dash update has been looked at anyway. Then when everyone flashes to it, they will all be banned because of old flags and everyone will start whinging again. And I, Bill Gates retired over a year ago so it's not my fault.

Moley Moley Moley

Stop editing my quotes!!! I am not Bill Gates. Just get off my back and leave me alone.
Get the thread back on track please!!
Thanks
Bill.... no no sorry... DE
(How do I edit this again?)

i dont understand why folk are waiting for a new firmware,it WILL be detected and you will be banned from live

1 thing the bans tell me is they can do nothing to stop you booting copies on your machine-bans are now inevitable,so you may as well go to a firmware that boots everything,rather than using one which you may feel is safer but will get banned eventually

i dont understand why folk are waiting for a new firmware,it WILL be detected and you will be banned from live

1 thing the bans tell me is they can do nothing to stop you booting copies on your machine-bans are now inevitable,so you may as well go to a firmware that boots everything,rather than using one which you may feel is safer but will get banned eventually

Do you think the firmware itself is detectable then as opposed to what the firmware does being detectable?

Do you think the firmware itself is detectable then as opposed to what the firmware does being detectable?

well think about it,its easy for firmware toolbox to tell you exactly what firmware you have,i cant imagine it would take much for ms to implement something similar thru xbox live,install a similar hidden app to tell them what firmware is on

as stated in another thread-i had a brand new elite,which i flashed with 1.6 liteon-never played any disc based game and got banned after id gone online to redownload all my xbla games and content

so yes i believe they know exactly what firmware we are running

Back