Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

New Firmware Likely this week?

Colin

Inactive User
Just curious if anyone has heard anything on other forums etc.. or maybe some are testing it ? again happy to wait as long as it takes but heading abroad again on sunday and ideally would like to be upgraded before i go :)

Just curious if anyone has heard anything on other forums etc.. or maybe some are testing it ? again happy to wait as long as it takes but heading abroad again on sunday and ideally would like to be upgraded before i go :)

dont know mate havent heard anything

there are plenty of posts on this matter m8 im afraid its done when its done...yes there is one in test at the momment but it wont go out till its creators are 100% sure they have it right so its a case of wait m8 tbh.

the original posts said a month or two so i would say u will be looking at the end of jan at the earlyest.....but like i say it has to be right so just sit back and chill till it gets here in the mean time enjoy ur holiday :)

Are you banned m8, if so why not patch the games that you want to take if they won't play on your console depending on your firmware, there is a link to it in 1 of the other threads

to be honest, as oggy and a few others say, its always gonna be cat and mouse, c4eva updates the firmware, m$ will grab it, have a look and see what they can do to detect it, people will get banned, c4eva releases another, it will always be like this, and 9 times out of 10 its normally around this time of year for extra consoles to be sold

You will never be 100% safe, well, maybe for the first month or so till m$ work out a way of dealing with it.

I would rather always have the latest firmware, but deep down, it will always be a matter of when and not if :)

c4eva is the man for the job, and I trust 100% what he does, lets hope m$ dont ever try and pay him off lol, its happened in other walks of industry :)

to be honest, as oggy and a few others say, its always gonna be cat and mouse, c4eva updates the firmware, m$ will grab it, have a look and see what they can do to detect it, people will get banned, c4eva releases another, it will always be like this, and 9 times out of 10 its normally around this time of year for extra consoles to be sold

You will never be 100% safe, well, maybe for the first month or so till m$ work out a way of dealing with it.

I would rather always have the latest firmware, but deep down, it will always be a matter of when and not if :)

c4eva is the man for the job, and I trust 100% what he does, lets hope m$ dont ever try and pay him off lol, its happened in other walks of industry :)

appreciate that mate have 3 xboxs just now 2 are banned one is sitting in a box waiting to be flashed dont mind buying a new one every year or so :)

No ETA means no ETA.

AFAIK its not in testing, so it wont be any time "soon"

Has he sacked it off as a bad idea ? Has there been any news of the chap
would be a great shame if he where to throw in the towel i for one am grateful even if i lost a few boxes the idea of MS releasing wave 6/7 or them finding a way of stopping us booting games even if not for live sux
whats the news with chipped boxes any one know ? did they get banned also ..

I've got firmware that will handle Wave 4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-21.............

read somewhere..that c4eva has sussed out how ms ban cosoles, he is working on a new fw...should be out soon...i hope

For people who said c4eva is the man and hopes he never gets paid off by MS.....

Do you not think he already has been??????

MS have banned 1million consoles that are likly to get 3 RROD or E74, so thats about 100million in repair costs avoided.

Also most of the people who own a banned console have gone out and brought another, that is over 100million in sales of more reliable consoles...

Good work by MS, banning a week before the release of the game of the decade...

I think they have had this planned for many many months.

I also think that is why we saw a price increase in the arcade consoles about 2-3 months ago...

MS know what they are doing... And sadly I think c4eva does..

And sadly I think c4eva does..

Bit harsh dont you think?

I agree with all the rest, about the timing etc etc, that happens most years around this time, and yes, the amount of rrod repairs will drop now with a lot of consoles being banned, again, i agree, and also people going out to buy a virgin console, just so they can buy a few original games a year and keep the flashed one for offline only, again, agreed, but to say c4eva is also in on this..I cant see it, to me thats crap mate, he might have saved them a lot of money ( rrod bans ) and got them more sales but that was through them working out a way of detecting consoles, but thats not his doing, we all choose whether we want to have our console flashed or not, we all knew the risks, did we not? so to turn around and say hes in on it as well, nah, not a chance, its a cat and mouse game, some you win some you lose, M$ will always catch up, and sometimes overtake, but you have to weigh up the facts, new console, roughly what, 140 quid? how many copied games do you grab or get each year? do the maths and be happy :)

i honestly think anyone whose kicking a fuss saying c4eva is the cause of there ban are idiots!

Did he come to your home and modify your box for you or did you CHOOSE to modify it on your own accord?

To say he was paid off by microsoft is just laughable! he's just one guy how many people do you think microsoft with all their billions have working on detecting the firmware?

The cat and mouse game is a correct anaolgy.

Every time this happend c4eva releases a stealth FW that is 'impossible' to detect as long as the games used are built correctly.

Then MS reverse engineer the code, find a flaw, and exploit it to get the hammer out.

MS are hacking the hackers, and to be honest will always win the online play wars, because they have access to what you are doing, feedback in the form of data to analyze.

So if you want online play, pay.

If you are not bothered, have free games.

Or do what a lot do, and have a kosher box, and buy the online games you like, and a dodgy box for all the single player stuff for free.

I am not saying it is his fault, I appreciate his firmwares, but I am not so naive to think he has no relationship with MS regarding these ixtream FW's.
They are so apparently delectable, which we all now know is rubbish.

I take the risk, and don't blame him at all.

but you in a round about way just did say its him again by saying hes in kahoots with bloody M$, either say what you think or dont contadict yourself, I can honestly say, in no way what so ever do i think hes on M$'s payroll ffs!

but you in a round about way just did say its him again by saying hes in kahoots with bloody M$, either say what you think or dont contadict yourself, I can honestly say, in no way what so ever do i think hes on M$'s payroll ffs!

What I am saying is...

He is getting something from MS
I do appreciate and use his FW

I sold my banned xbox for £70 with no controllers and everything, after a years use, so not a problem.

If a FW lasts a year, then all good good.

there will come a time when ms will find a way of completing banning your modded console so that even if you play backups or originals ,withou going on live.. it will refuse to play...the way technology is moving i wouldnt be surprised..

Back