New DW Forum Sections!

The way I see this type of Forum working, some members who know step by step diagnostics for certain electronic gizmos can make tutorials on what steps to take to diagnose and repair most common faults

Some members will post with descriptions of faults then with luck some members will reply with things to check to try and get to the root of the fault

The only downside I can see to this type of forum is members who do not give a good description of the fault

it would have to be in its own section with sub sections

main forum repair your own broken and damaged electricals
sub sections of

plasma/lcd tv

sat boxes

sat motors

etc etc etc
maybe others can input on items they would like to repair

and also maybe
members would like to input what skills they have to help with the repairs section???

just a few ideas

it would have to be in its own section with sub sections

main forum repair your own broken and damaged electricals
sub sections of

plasma/lcd tv
sat boxes
sat motors
etc etc etc
maybe others can input on items they would like to repair

and also maybe members would like to input what skills they have to help with the repairs section???

just a few ideas

I Think thats the way the thread has kinda gone, DIY Repairs, I was thinking it was just AV Electronics, but I've been suprised @ what other items members have managed to get repair advise on. I'd Personally still like the idea of DIY Projects n Repairs so the likes of digidudes creations get collected together with the hope they would inspire others to have a go.

i am very intrested in this too

ive been taking things apart and see'ing how they work since i was in pampers!

i have self taught myself smd soldering and now i can solder to fine 0.5mm micro legs.etc

i would love a section like the 1 proposed

would come in very handy

I've had another read over this thread n these are my thoughts,

DIY Repairs n Custom Modifications:

1. LCD/Plasma Tv's n Monitors
2. Sat/Cable/DTV Recievers
3. Games Consoles
4. PC/Routers/Media Players
5. Mobile Phones
6. Home Appliances

These seem to be relevant from what I've seen here, I know some headings cross other sections and you don't want to create a section just for the hell of it, but feel they might drag out more repair related posts into an area which is more likely to be frequented by members capable of performing n advising on said repairs.

What do you think?

Well if we all agreed I will make the section ?

We can make it temp see if it kicks off and leave it for 3 months ... plenty of time to get spidered and seen by all.....

ahhhh next question.

Where does it go under what ?

Mickie

Well if we all agreed I will make the section ?

We can make it temp see if it kicks off and leave it for 3 months ... plenty of time to get spidered and seen by all.....

ahhhh next question.

Where does it go under what ?

Mickie

They've all gone a bit quiet Mickie, I'm unsure if that constitutes agreement! LOL

I'd say location below AV Home cinema, it's prob gonna be a select audience like that section.

Temp basis is a good idea, I really don't want you to put in too much effort if there isn't a genuine interest!

I will do this tomorrow been doing some other bits and pieces... I still gotta sort out the mobile skins for K and Rat :(

BAD ADMIN :(

will be done though lad

Mickie

i have set this up for all to use
i will let mickie check it out remember this is a 3 mth trial use it or lose it

i have set this up for all to use
i will let mickie check it out remember this is a 3 mth trial use it or lose it

Sweet m8, looks great if nothing else,I luv the descriptions!

Back