New DM800 (clone) New tuner Rev. L3

Paid about £160 for it back at the start of march but becuase of stock levels I've only jst got it.

Can't say about hd channels as I haven't got it setup yet :( sorry.

lol, so many posts in this thread, and its been going since 9th February 2010, but not one person can confirm if these new tuners actually fix the HD glitching issues on certain channels?????! well, apart from the Asian sellers, who can confirm it works well!

So many people have said they have bought a new tuner, or new box with the latest tuner in. In the last 6/7 weeks, surely someone must know if the L3 tuners still have glitches or not?!?!

lol, so many posts in this thread, and its been going since 9th February 2010, but not one person can confirm if these new tuners actually fix the HD glitching issues on certain channels?????! well, apart from the Asian sellers, who can confirm it works well!

So many people have said they have bought a new tuner, or new box with the latest tuner in. In the last 6/7 weeks, surely someone must know if the L3 tuners still have glitches or not?!?!

Lol was just thinking the same thing yesterday before I bought one, cant find any feedback on these tuners anywhere, but I took the plunge anyway, but it'll be a few weeks before I can give you any feed back on them I'm afraid, but I will I promise lol.

:Cheers:

Ok..

Got my box set-up today with tuner revision L3 and NO inline-amp etc..

Standard sly dish with single LNB and a 5 metre cable run.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I can confirm that Rev.L3 does NOT resolve the HD issues.

All of the usual suspects Discovery HD, Channel 4 HD, Sly Sports 1 HD etc are all still glitching/ breaking up.

I will be getting an inline-amp some time during this week and will update here when I have it installed.

I am very pi$$ed off :Angryfire

Ok..

Got my box set-up today with tuner revision L3 and NO inline-amp etc..

Standard sly dish with single LNB and a 5 metre cable run.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I can confirm that Rev.L3 does NOT resolve the HD issues.

All of the usual suspects Discovery HD, Channel 4 HD, Sly Sports 1 HD etc are all still glitching/ breaking up.

I will be getting an in-line-amp some time during this week and will update here when I have it installed.

I am very pi$$ed off :Angryfire

:FRIGHT: Beginning to wonder if this is a load of bollocks about the L3 to be honest, I think the in-line amp on any tuner would do the job, unless anyone can tell us different. :Angryfire

:Cheers:

Last edited:
i have a dm800 clone with a rev k tuner,if i'm watching 28.2 all the usual suspects glitch if i put in an inline amp, it improves but still glitch's.if i then try to change sat's to say thor or hotbird with the inline amp connected it will not find the sat's, i have to take out the amp to find other sat's.was hoping the l3 tuner would sort out this problem but from this thread it look's like it wont.

The inline amps seem to not work too well with motorised systems (cause problems for the motor).

I have tested an inline amp with my motor and without and to be honest I have noticed nothing different!!

does an original DM800 or the new DM500HD have any problems with the HD channels ?.

any updates?

Tina mentioned will be shipped on Tuesday (tomorrow) but now looking at the thread I'm thinking was the dm800 worth buying? Don't really fancy spending 400 quid on a VU+ just yet...

Last edited:
ok so this new tuner melarky , does this tuner actually make a difference ?.
it seems my peoples comments that the blocking/glitching on the HD channels is still happening even with the new L3 tuner.

has anyone recieved a new DM800HD and found the new L3 tuner solves their picture signal problems ?.

ok so this new tuner melarky , does this tuner actually make a difference ?.
it seems my peoples comments that the blocking/glitching on the HD channels is still happening even with the new L3 tuner.

Thats what we're waiting on! there seems to be lots of controversial info around. Some say they fix the problem, others say no change! The people saying it works, have few posts, and i cant help but think that they are sellers from asia advertising their new tuners!

Either way, the only way to fully resolve this, is to buy an original tuner... that being said, i dont even know if an original tuner will work/is compatible with a clone!

Lots of people who have posted in this thread have said they bought clones over the past few weeks, with the promise that they will contain the new L3 tuners... now we just need to wait for these guys to post back with results!!!!

I ordered a new tuner for my clone after my one all of a sudden stoped turning the motor - right pain in the arse, but I can still turn it using a sat meter.

Anyway I have ordered a new tuner from Tina at $50 (£36), and have asked which tuner it is and she said it was an L3 - will have to see when it turns up if all is sorted....

Thats what we're waiting on! there seems to be lots of controversial info around. Some say they fix the problem, others say no change! The people saying it works, have few posts, and i cant help but think that they are sellers from asia advertising their new tuners!

Either way, the only way to fully resolve this, is to buy an original tuner... that being said, i dont even know if an original tuner will work/is compatible with a clone!

Lots of people who have posted in this thread have said they bought clones over the past few weeks, with the promise that they will contain the new L3 tuners... now we just need to wait for these guys to post back with results!!!!

After taking the time to post my experience with the new tuner (unfortunately being bad) I would also like to know if anyone has had a GOOD experience. Comon' guys, please post!!

Right, my dm800hd arrived yesterday (totally unexpected) as Tina mentioned on msn they would be posting today... anyway totally unprepared I had a very quick play yesterday evening, I had a look inside, but couldn't check the rev of the Tuner (I'll have to take it out to see the reverse side). However it had ALPS and made in Japan on it if that means anything... Will have a closer look this evening.

Sound buddy, let us know how you get on with the HD channels if you are going to be receiving them.

ok, so just managed to dismantle the back and take the tuner out and its defo a Rev L3 tuner, also if it helps, the mainboard is a Rev J... now to put it back together and flash an image. Not enough time in the day, specially if you got kids.. oh and a nagging missus..

they are at rev M now?!! and glitches should have stopped.. or no?

ive got the latest tuner. A massice communal dish with built in amps and get 100%snr and still get glitching

Back