Very old Sky box

Darklordsbane

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi Guys
My uncle is an old age pensioner he lives in a remote area with no phone line, he has a very old non hd Sky box, all legit fully paid subscription, you cannot get a van to his house only a car or jeep, so he is afraid to ask Sky for an upgraded box as the probably will charge a special fee for not having access,
I don't know how Sky operate in these situations, he got the box installed at a different address and I put it in in his new address, my sister has a spare Sky hd box she is happy to give him, she has no phone line either, so I am assuming their boxes had to have cards,
if I put my uncles offical paid subscription card into my sisters hd box will it work for my uncles in his house ?, I am assuming it is just a case of ringing Sky with the hd boxes serial number etc and getting it swithed on to match his card or will it be more complicated than that
as always any help greatly appreciated
Regards
D

It should be straight forward. You can pair the card by phone or if he has Internet you can pair the card that way. If the new box is a twin tuner version and your uncle has only one feed you can turn it into a single feed box in the menu.

They stopped using the Phone line verification for card pairing many moons ago its now by Broadband or Phone call only

it will work on most packages but for movies and sports he will have to call them but if he subscribes am sure they would give him a new hd box foc if he says his box is faulty or wants to upgrade and wont be a problem if hes moved house

If he is paying then call them up they should be able to send a box in the post and it's quite an easy job to add another cable for sky+ if you know someone willing to climb a ladder and run some cable.

There's no reason he shouldn't be able to get HD. I would even call up cancelling and get a price reduction whilst your at it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back