new cardless box

mohammed_khan786

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey guys

I have recently heard from my uncle that there are new boxes out which pick up all channels but don't require cards and therefore can never go. I hear it works by scanning frequencies through the cable wire and once the box is chipped and you scan for the channels you get whatever you want.

Has anyone else heard the same and if so where can i go about getting one.

P.S. It is supposed to work in all areas regardless of c&w, ntl or telewest.

I think he means the likes of the Dbox2, Dreambox, Starview, Eurovox, etc.

Are these boxes supplied from the cable company?

pmsl ............... that news is older than the arc

PIJ

well ive never seen a box yet that doesnt need some sort of upkeep

PIJ

i dont no where the boxes cum from but you definitely never need to do anything to it after initial programming. They are called v boxes i think. does this mean that no one has heard of them or that this is old news?

I wonder if he is slightly confused, if it is a Vbox, your uncle may not realise that the cards on these boxes are on the back not the front, if not, it is a dbox!!

Hehe, atleast he never said he could get Sky on it ;)

Sounds like he's talking about a Dbox2, someone put him out of his misery. :)

if he thinks you set a dbox up once and thats it , well lets just say hes not gonna be watching much in 12months time.

PIJ

p.s. ive got a softcam working that has let me watch season 4 of lost and on demand for the current cinema releases , well its getting silly so ill carry on

Does this mean my dreambox will be no good after 12 months?

All boxes are about the same, wether they dbox or anything else, they all go off in due time and need updating, wish what he said was true.

Does this mean my dreambox will be no good after 12 months?

LOL no mate you will just had to run another service scan to get the channels, however things could change and you could have no channels next week its all a gamble mate.

Last edited:
not sure about others but dbox and eurovox don't need cards. both hold multiple images of cards used in ntl encryption in memory .this means they often run longer without probs but as in all things they arn't full proof. however in my experience dbox's images tend to be updated and worked on a little quicker. haveing said this eurovox seem to have slightly better hardware so have less probs running in general. do what i did and read up in relavent sections for a few days to make mind up,

p.s. both boxes can give you many more options, tools and toys to play with than standard ntl stuff. great if you like what i consider a cool hoby. :) hope i've helped a little

The eurovox has multiple card images??
And only NTL, no TW or C&W? ;)

I know the Dbox2 and Dreambox do.

Last edited:
Back