New Banner logo

Cheers Snappy. You did the Christmas one didn't you? I thought that was very nice. Your stuff seem to be getting better and better...

Thanks mate, I did do the Christmas one. Just an amateur playing with stuff though. Like doing it though. Hours could pass without me noticing sometimes!!! lol

Think sometimes the hardest thing is getting the inspiration for what you want do achieve as an end result.

As I've said mate, I've seen some of your stuff and looks really good. :Clap:

Snapman has done 2 fantastic logos for me and im well happy with them. Got to say that there has been some good designs. I dont have a ounce of creativity in my body :lol:

nothing special but i like to have a do

member-magnu420-albums-dw+logo-picture476-logo-digiworldz.jpg

just an edit

member-magnu420-albums-dw+logo-picture477-digiworldlogo2.gif

Last edited:
i really like the new banner, but is it a bit bare on the right, could we put the circle logo back up on that side?

what do other people think?

i really like the new banner, but is it a bit bare on the right, could we put the circle logo back up on that side?

Is your house very cluttered Eva ;) Don't you think the command of the blank space helps to clear your mind, like looking at the calm ocean from a mountain top on a clear summer's day? lol.

It also helps to keep the users eyes over on the left-hand side of the site where their eyes will then connect with the main tab links, rather than sending their eyes in all directions. Web design psychology.

Is your house very cluttered Eva ;) Don't you think the command of the blank space helps to clear your mind, like looking at the calm ocean from a mountain top on a clear summer's day? lol.

It also helps to keep the users eyes over on the left-hand side of the site where their eyes will then connect with the main tab links, rather than sending their eyes in all directions.

no my house isn't lol

and i rather see it as a blank canvas waiting to be filled ;)

i'm just curious as to how it would look with the orange circle in the right hand corner, i think it would be more balanced.

And surely a state of balance is what we are all meant to achieve ;)

i'm just curious as to how it would look with the orange circle in the right hand corner, i think it would be more balanced.

And surely a state of balance is what we are all meant to achieve ;)

It wouldn't look ballanced at all, lol, never seen a seen a website that has 2 logos before! Balance would come from carrying a theme through from the main logo perhaps as some kind of texture tiling in a colour or oposaity that isn't distracting from the main logo. From a user's point of view, it would be confusing. What is it? What does it do? Is that the logo, or is this the logo? Now where do I look? Just creates confussion.

Something like a login box could be placed there in the top right as it would be an element with a purpose which a user would instantly recognise as an entity in its own right by common web design practise, therefor not distracting and ramining balanced and confussion free. Just wacking a 2nd logo there for the sake of filling blank space isn't really good practice. The term is refered to as 'commanding the white space', only this is blue space... Although it's blank, it still has a use...

In my opinion Eva..... madeinbeats is right. Plus, having a full length banner increases the file size, therefore increasing the loading time of the site.

I can totally see your point of view Eva, but file size for a site is an issue, plus it may not look right.

Some people access this site through their phone, so reducing the size of the site banner is good, as it would decrease their internet loading time.

Plus, here's what it would look with the 'underground' logo to the right:
eva-suggestion2.jpg

In my opinion, looks a bit dis-jointed. We could have a full length banner (like the Halloween one), but the file size is just too great for a start I'm afraid.

I made the Halloween one, and looking back, I think it was too 'busy'. I personally think the current banner suits the site very well.

yes, that definitely doesn't work.

i do really like the new one, i just wanted to see what it would look like the other way. you know us women ;)

Nothin' to do with women Eva... made some banners in my time and almost all the time it was guys that wanted some changes to banners on the sites.

madeinbeats has done some great stuff... and the current banner is no exception. :Clap:

it would work if the logo was bigger than the actual rectangle section (obv so it stays within the rectangle if you know what i mean).. say half moon it on an angle.. larger though.. so it comes past the welcome bit.. just above pms

Not really mate. Look at the main colour palette. White into cool light greys and ice cool blues, and deeper blue and orange. A site's style and palette is normally based around the logo -- this one was the other way round, lol. So, adding something with red in it is convoluting the palette and the uniform of the skin.

The 2nd clash is the style. the old underground logo is a jpg photo image, this new one is more illustrative in style.

As snappman man said, number and size of images can be an issue for a website's webmaster. You often have to pay for bandwidth. More images = more bandwidth and a slower website. Http requests is another. Each element on a page (images, scripts, stylesheets, etc) is a seperate Http request, and this slows the site and the server down.

I've already been through the site for Mick and compressed a lot of the main images as he's aware of trying to slice download sizes, you don't want to nulify those efforts.

You know when you take the Christmas decorations down and the room looks 'empty'? Think that's the syndrome people might be suffering from here lol.

Well, I've tried to explain the what's and why's in a few posts now, it's up to you's if you want to consider them as valid :)

When I get chance, I think I would make more of an issue of the letter D.

did we ever compress the status icons ?

I think they are quite large at 5k each :(

I might go through them but if they have already been done ?

Mick

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in idiot ffs.

I just done them :(

You managed to get allot of the status icons down to 0.8K ffs... how did you do that. that is amazing mate.

Regards
Mick

Not really mate. Look at the main colour palette. White into cool light greys and ice cool blues, and deeper blue and orange. A site's style and palette is normally based around the logo -- this one was the other way round, lol. So, adding something with red in it is convoluting the palette and the uniform of the skin.

The 2nd clash is the style. the old underground logo is a jpg photo image, this new one is more illustrative in style.

As snappman man said, number and size of images can be an issue for a website's webmaster. You often have to pay for bandwidth. More images = more bandwidth and a slower website. Http requests is another. Each element on a page (images, scripts, stylesheets, etc) is a seperate Http request, and this slows the site and the server down.

I've already been through the site for Mick and compressed a lot of the main images as he's aware of trying to slice download sizes, you don't want to nulify those efforts.

You know when you take the Christmas decorations down and the room looks 'empty'? Think that's the syndrome people might be suffering from here lol.

Well, I've tried to explain the what's and why's in a few posts now, it's up to you's if you want to consider them as valid :)

When I get chance, I think I would make more of an issue of the letter D.

Im not trying to bite an arguement with you pal.. im plainly trying to see if it is at all posible to keep something that has always been there.. :)

Anyway, how about losing the red circle, replace it with the lights from the xbox360?? obv it will still be red but it will be easier.. as the colours can be changed..

3271902908f819a7852dm.jpg

Obv its a compromise but at least we still keep the "underground" if it don't work then fair enough :) its only dw heritage.

Back