Never knew this section existed ??

Diddy

Inactive User
Reaction score
As per title really. I read digi's thread where he discussed his success at getting a 42" hd tv for £40 (faulty) and fixed it for under £2 iirc. Then there was discussion about a new section being added and low and behold here it is.

Well this is really a sort of Bump post as now that we have this here it would be a crying shame to loose it.

Now I cant help thinking that if someone like me (who visits the forum every day but very rarely does anything other than hit the new posts button) can miss this addition then there must be a ton of others in the same boat. I think it would be a good idea to inform all members by email or mass pm about any new sections before they are here today and gone tomorrow.....if i had not been browsing an out of the ordinary thing then tbh id have never have noticed this addition. Failing the email/pm thing then at least make a sticky announcement in the general chat section so that we cant miss it.

Anyway thanks for the new section - I for 1 hope its here to stay.

I agree that its a shame to lose, now that the work has been done to add it. Lots of sections of the forum dont really get the use that they should, but I think for most people they stick to the main areas and that suits them and skip past the other areas.
Its tough to get new sections started but it helps when search engines point here, which obviously needs posts first so that there is something to point to. Maybe a few of us will need to start adding general posts about lcd plasma or led screens even if we dont need the help, just showing what has been fixed or something?

I think these new repair sections were always gonna be bit less frequented than the main sections and I have tried to bump a few reminders in the general section but not wanted to over do it!

I think there are still threads that could be in this section that get posted elsewhere and I'd still like to see a few more Custom Mods. (Yes I will get round to finishing my framed Laptop and post some pics)

I'd be interested what the admin n mods think of the section so far n if we are in danger of losing it I'm sure I can dig up a few good articles, Just don't want to fill the section full of crap for the sake of it.

dont think it would be a bad idea aslong as you done fill it full of crap ;)

Back