netger (refurbed router?) - no internet connection!!

Yeah i tried to change the region, but not sure exactly how to...?

its all grey - and doesn't allow me to change it?

i think the wizzard might start it again, if not there's a tiny little button near the arieal, hold it in for 15 - 20 seconds....router will restart... type in 192.168.1.1 and you should see the router welcome page.

On the router setup page....under "Maintenence" select "Router Status"

Then you will see "Region" and next to that will be "Select Region"...just click on the downward arrow next to that and change it to UK...

Hope this helps...

i don't have that on mine like? Maintenence ? any hoo lets see if he can get that changed 1st and then we can progress on....lol

ooops hang on i do but i can't change the region there, is it not in the intial set up stage.

Just looking at the netgear forums and if the router is set to the incorrect region then you will have probs connecting to it wirelessly as they use different frequencies....Just looking now to see if there is any way to change the region...

thats correct, but i think like i say it's in the initial booting up of the router, the very 1st time you use it and i think either the wizard and if not a hard reset will take you back to the initial config page where this setting is...:proud:

actually my bad, it's under wireless settings at the top....

Yup beaten to it again...lol

if you click on "Wireless Settings" on the top left it should then allow you to change the region...

lollol...we'll get it working for him....dead easy!

Aye that we will....:Cheers:

but you keep beating me to it....lol

Could always put DD-WRT on it....lol

Last edited:
i have to rip a wireless card out this machine and set my KVM up :banana:

i'll leave it in your hands until i get a reset done and the card put in another machine.

he's nearly there....:Clap:

guys

il try to chage the region in a bit.

but ive made an advancement.

bascaily, i changed the workgroup names till they were identicle on both pc and lappy.

i turned off the security, restarted both pc and lappy...and guess wat???

i got internet on the lappy!!

i then turned on the secuirty and put a WEP encryption in from the router setup page, and changed entered the wep key (correctly) in the laptop - BUT GOT THAT PROB BACK AGAIN!!!

I want to put a password on though?

if you click on "Wireless Settings" on the top left it should then allow you to change the region...

then we can advance........

good work though, were nearly there...lol.

right....

i jus had an idea...

instead of putting the paraphrase password in the lappy, i've put the KEY 1 in..

and it all works fine....................

I HOPE THIS IS PERMANENT!!!

is there anything else that I need to know??

lol.... good work.

not really.... you have now created a home network, maybe have a look at sharing and that but sounds like your good to go.... you could give your pc's and your lap top a static ip if you like, but that's if you want to map network drives or use stuff like tightvnc - makes it easier....all depends....

but well done...:Clap:

this is what i see in wireless settings:

see attached

Gah....I visit the little boys room and you fix it....lol

Well done matey...

Try the attachment again tho...lol

well i cant upload the picture its taking too long...

but the region area is greyed, and doesn't allow me to change.

maybe its not so important now that the net is working?

I want to share a printer..how can this be done?

thanks guys by the way...

have you installed the printer on the pc ?

• Click Start and then click Control Panel.

• Click Printers and Other Hardware, and then click Printers and Faxes.

• In the Printers and Faxes folder, I clicked the printer's icon and, in the tasks pane, I clicked Share This Printer.

• I opened the printer's Properties dialog box, and clicked on the Sharing tab.

• I clicked Share Name, and then clicked OK.

That's it—the printer was immediately available for other computers to use.

Now that I had a network printer, I was ready to connect to it and print from other computers on the network.

To connect to the printer

• I opened Control Panel, and clicked Printers and Other Hardware.

• I clicked Add a Printer.

• Instead of adding a local printer, though, I clicked Printer Connection and then browsed the network for the printer.

Back