Nas drive

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
My cat chew through my readynas power supply, bought another off ebay (second hand) but still not working, now not sure if its a faulty power supply or the readynas is fried
Nas drives still the best or is there an alternative these days
Rat

My cat chew through my readynas power supply, bought another off ebay (second hand) but still not working, now not sure if its a faulty power supply or the readynas is fried
Nas drives still the best or is there an alternative these days
Rat
Quite hard to get hold of now @Rat but a HP Microserver is more diverse than a NAS. That model anyway, I paid £100 for mine, with a boot drive, they do go on eBay. Might be a bit more complicated than you want though.

Quite hard to get hold of now @Rat but a HP Microserver is more diverse than a NAS. That model anyway, I paid £100 for mine, with a boot drive, they do go on eBay. Might be a bit more complicated than you want though.

@Rat - i've got a HP microserver here in the house that I bought to use for hacking practice, then to setup plex upon. Neither i've managed, if you want to grab that you're more than welcome. It's got 2x2TB sata drives, they may be 3TB I can't remember tbh. Holla at a brother.

Allnits used for is streaming from nas to TV, it does get used a fair bit tbh so will be missed, I'm hoping its a faulty power supply rather than the unit
I've asked the seller if the supply I bought was tested before being shipped

Are they similar to sat box feeds that you forgot you had?

Hey, got rid of my Nas for different reasons, decided on freenas loads about it all over the net, built a little pc stuck in the drives from the nas drive, freenas runs off a little 16gb flash drive, you have to have at least 8gb of ram as dependent on ram i believe, installed plexserver on the freenas works a treat for me, as ya can just stream all ya stuff off of plex, might be an option for ya @Rat ya just need a litlle pc, I got a intel i5 2500k, 8gb ddr3 running on a little itx board, i had most the parts hanging around so was cheap enough to do, think i paid 17 quid for the itx ddr3 board rest i had.

might be worth a look

I would also suggest Synology NAS as they are affordable, reliable, and feature packed.

Back