nagra 2 keys

I just read on a couple of sites that the kryptview keys can be edited on channel 6001.

Surely we can see the keys its using then.

I would very much doubt it !

If it was that easy then the keys would already be public.

er, what make u to think lads, that it is "patched" mgcamd( au for 5f01 1801)?
no one in uk or ireland was able to fix this cam for new n1 keyroll method ( rom fix is a different story altogether)
some sick sh*thead keep uploading those files into dvbupload --- so what? u'll find there via 2.6 fix, nds fix just aswell

Well what is 6001 for then. Its in the latest firmware.

Well what is 6001 for then. Its in the latest firmware.

Remember the same software works for N1, so I would assume its for maintenance of the N1 codes.

Why would the KV team want to give away their advantage by making the N2 codes public ?

True Nozzer

Thanks. Just thought it was an idea worth exploring. Wouldn't be surprised if these guys, are first to come out with the Nagra 3 hack.

Any way guys don't give up.

er, what make u to think lads, that it is "patched" mgcamd( au for 5f01 1801)?
no one in uk or ireland was able to fix this cam for new n1 keyroll method ( rom fix is a different story altogether)
some sick sh*thead keep uploading those files into dvbupload --- so what? u'll find there via 2.6 fix, nds fix just aswell

I seriously doubt any "patches" are targeted at the Irish version of N2. After all, how could anybody implement any changes if they haven't got the keyset to fathom out what those changes should be............

I done A GOOGLE AND FOUND THIS

As you know all boxes across the country have went down. If you need to enter you keys manually then goto channel 6001. Select your provider and input keys. You'll need to enter both 00 and 01 keys. Remember to save after you input the first set!
so we should be able to get someone with a kryptview box to get the keys

I done A GOOGLE AND FOUND THIS

As you know all boxes across the country have went down. If you need to enter you keys manually then goto channel 6001. Select your provider and input keys. You'll need to enter both 00 and 01 keys. Remember to save after you input the first set!
so we should be able to get someone with a kryptview box to get the keys

Id say you may very well be able to enter keys, but seeing the ones that its using is another thing.

Ah come on mullo, read the above posts mate,

It was a good idea me thinks, but not going to work

There is a new test package available:
http://dvb-upload.com/pliki/2009-04-09/8_mgcamd_nagra_ie.zip

It looks like the included mgcamd versions are now patched.
You should also exchange your mgcamd version beside the other files.
Mgcamd.ppc is for dreamboxes and mgcamd.ppc_old for dboxes.
Rename it to the name you need for your box, stop mgcamd at the box and replace the right mgcamd version and set the rights to 755 for mgcamd at the box.

Cannot replace my mgcamd. It appears to be located in /emu or /var/emu as mgcamd-116. If I try copying or deleting it nothing happens. Any ideas?

Nozzer - cant get newcam to get me a pic on the working channels. Put in the priority ok but made no diff. Here is a log of mgcamd with priority installed.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

It looks like the published N2 keyset is partly wrong.

hi guys,

I'm new at this forum and I want to help. Currently UPC Direct also has nagra2 encryption on the dutch cable. I have a new box with a official card, but as some of you already have mentioned the box make my living room look very small and so I want to run it on my Dreambox 600c. How can I help you guys( and of course myself ) to be able to this. I've read that I need the boxkey when you have an official subscription, what is the best approach to find the key? It seems that some of the guys already can share this card over here in holland, but they don't want to share their knowledge with me. I have more than enough Linux knowledge so I hope that it will come to my aid.

hi guys,

I'm new at this forum and I want to help. Currently UPC Direct also has nagra2 encryption on the dutch cable. I have a new box with a official card, but as some of you already have mentioned the box make my living room look very small and so I want to run it on my Dreambox 600c. How can I help you guys( and of course myself ) to be able to this. I've read that I need the boxkey when you have an official subscription, what is the best approach to find the key? It seems that some of the guys already can share this card over here in holland, but they don't want to share their knowledge with me. I have more than enough Linux knowledge so I hope that it will come to my aid.

You need to get your card version. You can get this from the ATR (Answer to Reset) string that the card sends out when it first powers up.

If you have a phoenix then you can use the standard NagrEdit program to get the ATR. Just use the "Card>Reset Card(ATR)" option and the ATR will be displayed. DONT USE ANY OTHER OPTION !!!

The ATR will be something like -

Code:

The bit your interested in is -

Code:

Turning that into Ascii (viewable chars) gives -

DNASP110 RevA05

Which of course, is a Rom110 rev A05 card.

If you have an A05/AC3 or earlier then you have a chance of opening it. If its A07/AC6 or later then your stuck for now !

btw, even if you have an early Rev card (probably unlikely for UPC in Holland) I wouldn't be tempted to try and open your subscriber card. Glitching has a nasty habit of killing cards.

Last edited:
if anybody wants the mgcamd source code let me know.
Its way beyond me.:Yikes::err:

Yes I think I would like to take you up on that offer of mgcamd source. I only have a very old copy.

Yes I think I would like to take you up on that offer of mgcamd source. I only have a very old copy.
its 2003 see attached for those who want it

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by Nozzer:

If you have a phoenix then you can use the standard NagrEdit program to get the ATR. Just use the "Card>Reset Card(ATR)" option and the ATR will be displayed. DONT USE ANY OTHER OPTION !!!

Will a multiProg 2000 be able to do this also?

Back