nagra 2 keys

Cheers for that. (This was a neutrino image btw. Got in very late last night or would have had it up sooner.)

Ok, either key 00 for provider 5F01 in the SoftCam.Key is wrong or mgcamd is not willing to handle provider 5F01. The problem is now to find a valid key.
Beside that it looks like there are no EMM's with keys for N2 on the line. If there was no keyroll for N2 as of yet thats not surprisingly.

Would you expect the keys found for n1 vs n2 to be completely different or could they be very similar with perhaps a mix around a la new roms?

I will pull down the softcam.key file later. Will have more time for this stuff tomorrow.

Had a quick read-around on setting up cams. For Newcamd it looks like the "priority" file mighst be able to be used to control which encryption is used.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

You could try setting this file up with something like -

Code:

Which, hopefully, would set up a priority of system type 1801 (N2) for providers 5E/5F

Dunno if this is a newcamd specific thing or if it will work on other cams of the same lineage.

Some of the Sat guys might be better for this kind of info. I'd guess they handle this kind of stuff all the time on simulcrypt channels.

I will give it a go later without changing anything and grab some logs. Then change the cam (can't remember if newcam works on cable) and see if any diff.

Would you expect the keys found for n1 vs n2 to be completely different or could they be very similar with perhaps a mix around a la new roms?

I will pull down the softcam.key file later. Will have more time for this stuff tomorrow.

There is a new test package available:
http://dvb-upload.com/pliki/2009-04-09/8_mgcamd_nagra_ie.zip

It looks like the included mgcamd versions are now patched.
You should also exchange your mgcamd version beside the other files.
Mgcamd.ppc is for dreamboxes and mgcamd.ppc_old for dboxes.
Rename it to the name you need for your box, stop mgcamd at the box and replace the right mgcamd version and set the rights to 755 for mgcamd at the box.

Hey this looks fun!

Would I be better trying this out on a DW image I wonder.

In the neutrino image I am using it gives 2 options in the menu for mgcamd either "latest" or "1.12". So not actually sure which I was using last night (tried both).

I will give it a go later regardless and report back.

Thanks a million guys.

guys, dvb-upload is like a virus distribution centre.
If you are going to run unknown programs on your dreambox from there,
you should take some precautions.

guys, dvb-upload is like a virus distribution centre.
If you are going to run unknown programs on your dreambox from there,
you should take some precautions.

Did you ever hear about a virus for linux boxes?
You shouldn't use exe files at your pc from dvb-upload.

Thats an interesting point. Given the files have the extensions they do could they still contain a payload ? The box is have is expendable so if it gets taken out it gets taken out.

Did you ever hear about a virus for linux boxes?

Yep !

There's a few about. Some simply go around deleting important items or opening ports etc whilst others attempt to turn your box into a spambot !

Yep !

There's a few about. Some simply go around deleting important items or opening ports etc whilst others attempt to turn your box into a spambot !

Tell me the name of one of the viruses for linux boxes.
I know only about full images who kill the bootloader.

Ive tried em all they are working versions of Mgcamd and the rest are keyfiles.

So lets not be so paranoid.

Tell me the name of one of the viruses for linux boxes.
I know only about full images who kill the bootloader.

There were a quite a few of them a while back where various cams and utilities appeared to do what they were supposed to do but they also did other things as well. One I remember allowed remote access to a spammer who could then use the box as a spam relay !

Basically, if someone out there can use ANYTHING thats net connected then they will !

Linux is certainly not immune to virii or trojans/backdoors so stb's using linux are also vulnerable, especially if your running stuff from an unkown source. As the complexity of the device increases then that vulnerability creeps up even higher (ie, Dreamboxes with Hard disks are an even nicer target).

created and copied priority to var/scce but it sorta disappears.

using the new v.08 stuff. Corresponding log:

Code:

Hi

I just read on a couple of sites that the kryptview keys can be edited on channel 6001.

Surely we can see the keys its using then.

P.S I would like to help out any way I can, I have a dreambox, and also a dvb-c card tuned up to upc. Maybe there is something I can scan for using the card.

Thanks Guys and good luck

might stick a post in the kryptview section.

Hitting a brick wall tonight - logfile no longer logging. Will have another crack tomorrow as knackered.

P.S I would like to help out any way I can, I have a dvb-c card tuned up to upc. Maybe there is something I can scan for using the card.
You can if you have vplug installed you can log the n2 stream.

Back