My Step by Step guide on how to install EASY 4.2 Hack with Pictures!

First of all hats off to you for you Wii soft mod guide. Excellent piece of work. Really easy to follow.

I am having a prob when I go to load 3rd folder. Page 29 of your guide. When I go to HBC and click home and click on Bootmii I get a black screen (stays black and the blue light on the wii just keeps flashing)

Does anyone have know what might be causing this?

Ball12345 - sent you a pm with the same message. Just duplicating here in case someone else can help

Thanks in advance
Stiofain

did you have any joy sorting this matey i have same problem

Yep - exact same issue here. If I get anywhere with it I will let you know

tell me one thng mate

did you delete the files on the memory card BEFORE you put the files from folder 3 on there?

Yes I deleted them. Perhaps I should be overwriting them as opposed to deleting and adding? Don't see how that would make a difference though.

earlier on bootmii created and put files onto you sd card mate you deleted them same as me

point for tut maybe DO NOT DELETE FILES FROM SD CARD JUST OVERWITE

so mate put folder 3 files onto sd card then download this rar file (at the end of ths post ) and extract put the extracted folder also onto the sdcard root
so you will have files from folder 3 and BOOTMII folder

then continue from page 29 on the guide :Clap::Clap: hope this helped you

well i no longer get the black screen and flashing blue leds but i
cant follow th guide now as the next steps dont happen just get a bar with 4 selections across it ...................... totaly lost now lol...

can i start the bootmii process again from scratch or will it not work out?

well i no longer get the black screen and flashing blue leds but i
cant follow th guide now as the next steps dont happen just get a bar with 4 selections across it ...................... totaly lost now lol...

can i start the bootmii process again from scratch or will it not work out?
Is it like this.
bootmii.png

That is just bootmii use reset/eject to navigate if you remove bootmii from the sd or rename it it will take it away.

how can i get back from that to page 29 in this guide mate any ideas?

i deleted the files from the sd before adding the next folder (1 ,2,3 )

and please excuse my manners
thanks for the help

Your grand m8 np at all.

how can i get back from that to page 29 in this guide mate any ideas?

i deleted the files from the sd before adding the next folder (1 ,2,3 )

Sorry had to read the guide m8. press reset then go to your hbc press start then Press the Home button on your Wii Remote and
launch BootMii...

is that reset on the front of the wii m8? and if so is it while on that screen??

sorry if gay questions just dont want to nose dive :Clap:

Last edited:
Ok

Went 2 routes on this:

1st - Reformatted my Wii and started everything from scratch. Made sure to overwrite this time instead of deleting/copying. Got past page 29 however instead of launching custom IOS installer 2.0 as per page 30 it goes directly to page 37. I can see the 5files including NEOR7.wad but they are all showing within Wad Manager 1.4

I am thinking that this has something to do with loading BootMii as Boot 2 in addition to loading BootMii as IOS. Think I will now try and just contimue on from here but will go back to HBC and load wadmanager 1.5. Any idea if this will work.

2nd - When the above did not work I tried to load the BootMii folder that madmanc posted and I get the same BootMii screen. The power/reset/eject buttons don't work on this screen. I came across the same screen a couple of days ago when I was trying a different install and they worked then - weird.

Ok did what I said I was going to do in my last post but did not get anywhere - got error 2011. Looks like I need to go through the steps outlined in pages 29 to 33. Does anyone have any insight as to why Custom IOS INstaller 2.0 is not coming up for me? I don't see anything resembling this in folder "3" so kinda stuck here.

I feel like I am really close but just need to get over this hurdle. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stiofain

well ive left mine as it is im just trying to find out the names of the files mii creates so i can try recover them from the memory card!!

hard to find out though lol

if you are 4.2.1 e then you can use my easy 4.2e hack only 8 steps no nand back up though
if it is below 4.2 then use my guide but only do ios 60 not the 70
edogg

Back