My Step by Step guide on how to install EASY 4.2 Hack with Pictures!

One more quick question: what happens if my mate on his NTSC Wii puts a Pal backup in and accidentally tries to load it through the Game Channel rather the NG?

One more quick question: what happens if my mate on his NTSC Wii puts a Pal backup in and accidentally tries to load it through the Game Channel rather the NG?

Theres only one way to find out :banana:

Yer, he lent me one of his original NTSC games to try on my Wii, Grand Slam Tennis. The Wii doesn't detetct it as a game but it loads fine through NG.

On 4.2 the disc channel does not let you load other region games. You can with all the other loaders.

Last edited:
Hi

I must say, brilliant tutorial. I have a virgin black 4.2E Wii &thought id give it the softmod treatment, but it seems i've been stumped at the first hurdle on the Bootmii install screen it says" Bootmii - Can only be installed as IOS. the Installed boot1 version prevents a boot 2 install(-2)

Any ideas

Cheers

WaVeY

First of all hats off to you for you Wii soft mod guide. Excellent piece of work. Really easy to follow.

I am having a prob when I go to load 3rd folder. Page 29 of your guide. When I go to HBC and click home and click on Bootmii I get a black screen (stays black and the blue light on the wii just keeps flashing)

Does anyone have know what might be causing this?

Ball12345 - sent you a pm with the same message. Just duplicating here in case someone else can help

Thanks in advance
Stiofain

Does the Wii have to be a certain model before you can apply a soft mod. I think the one I have is an old enough model. I have put latest firmware on it.

Well thats good news at least. Thanks doomedEarl

Did you see my post above that one. Do you have any insight as to why I might be having that problem. I followed the tut exactly and everything was working fantastically up to that point

Your help is greatly appreciated

any Wii can be softmodded

edogg

look in the root of your sdcard and see if "3" unrared as files or as a folder if its still a folder unrar it to the root and try that step again

edogg

1st off i must say thanks for the great tut im hoping its stopped me having to trawl the net for 15 days trying to get my head around files and numbers etc etc so thanks for YOUR time saving MY time

ok guys i bought me a black wii this morning so thought id go soft mod way typicaly ive hit problems already

on page 8 of the guide im not getting the following

BOOTMII : can be installed

im getting

BOOTMII : CAN ONLY BE INSTALLED AS AN IOS
THE INSTALLED BOOT1 VERSION PREVENTS A BOOT2 INSTALL (-2)

homebrew chann and divx channel are coming back as fine.

so obviously the next pages dont add iup lol any offer of info?

install bootmi as an ios .it cant be installed as boot 2 on new wii`s

Bootmii can only be installed on the the older wiis. Just install as ios and carry on. It just means that you wont be able to backup you nand.

edit: Damn that Bro's fast ;)

damn i thought this wouldnt tale long lol

heres next issue ive got

i got bootmii option and can choose

install bootmii as ios
uninstall bootmii as ios

prepare a sd card

or retur t main menu

i choose install and get

a bootmii install requires aa sd card

runtime files will be written required to properley boot bootmii

insert a sd card now

yes continue
no take me back

sd card is obviousley in there
i choose yes and get
mounting sd card .......

FAILED(-1)
continue

???

ok got past that hurdle swapped from a 4gb sd to a 2 gb sd card

upto page 29 now and yup u guessed another problem!!

deleted the 4 wads

put the files from inside folder 3 on the sd card

(deleted all the files from folder 2 off card)

put card back in goto homebrew channel all looks as it should press home button and launch the bootwii

screen goes black and the lights around the disc slot just flashesblue....

any ideas on this 1 any one??

Back