My installation problem!?

telewestTUM

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just sat in waiting for a guy to come fit my Motorised dish and wehn he got there he said he couldnt do it as i didnt have permission from my neighbours at the front of my flats. None of them are ever in

The picture below is of the flats where i live my flat is facing North so i can get any satellites from where im located

I was goign to just throw the cable over my roof to the front of the flats and then fit a motorised 80cm dish on the front

how easy would it be to fit a Pole mount on my side of the flat so that it was just over my roof so i could pick up all the sats W - E?

anyone know how much that would cost to fit?

Flats are 2 storeys high how much would installation for something like that cost?

Last edited:
forgot to mention the Red thign is where my flat window is located and the line indicates the direction of south

Think ill add a few more photos so people can get an idea of what im after cos im going to buy it all myself and then pay someone to fit it cos im not going up ladders carrying a dish when its that high!

Anyone point me in the direction of a bracket i can get to do this job?

how much would you say installation would be if i bought all the parts/cable and stuff?

a set of 18" T&K brackets, a 2" diameter pole, 6' should be enough, approx 2 hours to fit

id supply the brackets and pole, and fit your supplied dish, motor etc for £120 m8 if it was local to me

little bit pricey arent they with instalation on top its going to cost and arm and a leg and possibly a few teeth too

ive got an east facing wall might just get 60cm dish and just got for the main East Sats

a set of 18" T&K brackets, a 2" diameter pole, 6' should be enough, approx 2 hours to fit

id supply the brackets and pole, and fit your supplied dish, motor etc for £120 m8 if it was local to me

£120s reasonable ill have a ring around tomorrow some guy i rang and asked how much to supply and fit a 80cm motorised dish and he said £300-£400!?

I burst out lauging and goes are you serious? someone just quoted me £165 for instalation and dish/motor etc

Been pricing up and im finding it hard to find someone local that even installs motorised dishes! most of them just do sky and thats it

The wall on my east i could easily pick up 9-28e with a motorised dish.

13/19/28 are the ones im really after what size dish would i need for those do you think? Dishpointers saying 50cm would that be fine?

So im thinking about getting a 60cm dish with motor. then i could just fit it myself instead of paying near £200 for installation to just pick up 0.8w

i would be missing a few channels but if in a year or so i feel the need ill pay to have a bigger dish fitted

i cant seem to see any packages for 60cm motorised dishes is it fine to put a motor on a 60cm dish? also could i get 16e with it?

@telewest may as well get the whole hog....80cm i would say is the minimum you shoudl be loking for.....installing that and the motor is the easy part (as long as you have a suitable equipment...its getting the 1w reference point thats the balls breaker.

bite the bullet ....the weather is starting to get better ...... you know it makes sense :).....once you do it hopefully you wont have to go back up there again......

@telewest may as well get the whole hog....80cm i would say is the minimum you shoudl be loking for.....installing that and the motor is the easy part (as long as you have a suitable equipment...its getting the 1w reference point thats the balls breaker.

bite the bullet ....the weather is starting to get better ...... you know it makes sense :).....once you do it hopefully you wont have to go back up there again......

I couldnt do it myself it would be far too high. right at the top of the second floor of the flats i'm not the best working from heights

the flast located at the north east side so i was just going to stick the dish on the east facing wall. I'd need a smaller dish for it to be able to rotate to 13e and not touch the wall 80cm would be too big id need a bracket that came a more than a foot off the wal

ah sorry mate thought it was a house...yeh then i guess you would need to weigh up other options

Been looking about and an easier solution might be to just go for a multi LNB bracked and 80cm dish

digidude - any advice on putting on of these up....they difficult? think i could do it myself but i might have problems with a basic sat finder as itll not tell me which signal im receiving

sateliettesuperstore is pretty close to me too so i might just pop up there on the weekend and pick up a few things

with a multi LNB bracket is it still just 1 cable that comes through my wall and the dish switches form sat to sat through the box?

http://www.highdefinitionuk.com/dishes/fracarro-penta-68-alluminium-p-563.html

looking at that dish anyone know if there any good that shape? i was going to try 80cm dish but its going to look huge on the wall next to a few 45cm sky ones. Was in Maplin on my dinner and they had a 85cm and 65cm one next to each other and the 80cm looked huge as if it was 1.2m!

It says high gain and as good as 80cm but i'm not sure if that shape is any good. cant find any info about it other than that guys site

Last edited:
m8 the only thing that works as good as an 80cm dish is, erm, an 80cm dish ;)

once theyre up they dont look that big

a multi lnb dish can be easire, depending on what dish you have and what satellites you want to receive, but youre then limited to only picking up them few signals

if you have a sky dish and box then you could get a 70cm gemini raven dish (looks like a sky dish) and a monoblock LNB to pick up 13 and 19.2E (the main EU ones) and would be straight forward enough to fit

a gamini raven picking up sky and the main 2 EU sats (13 & 19.2 E) can be seen here m8, post #3

dd

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a Eagle Linux Box which is just a DM500S clone.

Ive decided on just getting a 60cm dish and sticking a motor on it as no one will complain and its not going to be much bigger than the dishes around it. 80cm doesnt look that big when its up but next to a sky dish it looks bigger than it would on its own

this is what ive went for

L Shape (300mm) Bracket £10
TM-2200 Motor £55
60cm Triax Dish + 0.2db Titanium LNB £35
25m cable £25
Small things like tape/connectors/ties etc etc

total £130

Going to pick it up on saturday as the satsuperstore isnt too far away from me

Would i get 16e with this? im assuming 13, 19, 28.5e will be fine wont they?

Anyone advice against this before i go ahead and do it?

I've got a Eagle Linux Box which is just a DM500S clone.

Ive decided on just getting a 60cm dish and sticking a motor on it as no one will complain and its not going to be much bigger than the dishes around it. 80cm doesnt look that big when its up but next to a sky dish it looks bigger than it would on its own

this is what ive went for

L Shape (300mm) Bracket £10
TM-2200 Motor £55
60cm Triax Dish + 0.2db Titanium LNB £35
25m cable £25
Small things like tape/connectors/ties etc etc

total £130

Going to pick it up on saturday as the satsuperstore isnt too far away from me

Would i get 16e with this? im assuming 13, 19, 28.5e will be fine wont they?

Anyone advice against this before i go ahead and do it?

Bad move mate. Eagle does not like the Technomate 2200 or any of the Moteck sg2100 clones it won't move the dish, You will need a dark motor. It may move it with good quality cable but it won't budge with CT100, check what type of cable you are getting but change the motor if you can, Stab or Darkmotor are fine

Will it matter which i go for then stab or dark motor? i can get stab technomate motor off ebay for alot less than darkmotor/2200

anyone got a 80CM motorised dish and can pick up these sats?

i assumed 80cm would be big enough to pick up thor 0.8w

Im after these

0.8w, 13e, 16e, 19e, 28.5e

just been doing some angles and for thor its not directly south its slightly off to the east for me so i can fit the dish on the east side wall and 80cm dish wont touch the wall as long as the brackets off the wall enough

Anyone know if i put the dish moe or less where that black circle is in the picture below it'll be high enough to clear the wall and get a signal from 0.8w

or has a formulae i can use to work it out? sure i read in another post someone mentioing about it

Was going to just bang a 85cm dish on the wall with the dish mounted to a 550mm L Shaped bracket but attached to the ride side instead of straight forward and that wall is east facing

Wanted to put it on the wall on the left hand side of the pick but if you lookat my first 2 posts there is another flats same height as mine very close to there so i'd prob have to put it at window level. I wanted to put it in the middle of the 4 windows on the left hand side

Thanks

Last edited:
Will it matter which i go for then stab or dark motor? i can get stab technomate motor off ebay for alot less than darkmotor/2200

anyone got a 80CM motorised dish and can pick up these sats?

i assumed 80cm would be big enough to pick up thor 0.8w

Im after these

0.8w, 13e, 16e, 19e, 28.5e

just been doing some angles and for thor its not directly south its slightly off to the east for me so i can fit the dish on the east side wall and 80cm dish wont touch the wall as long as the brackets off the wall enough

Either of the 2 motors will be fine.

I have an 80 cm dish and get those fine

Back