My installation problem!?

Anyone know if i put the dish moe or less where that black circle is in the picture below it'll be high enough to clear the wall and get a signal from 0.8w

or has a formulae i can use to work it out? sure i read in another post someone mentioing about it

Was going to just bang a 85cm dish on the wall with the dish mounted to a 550mm L Shaped bracket but attached to the ride side instead of straight forward and that wall is east facing

Wanted to put it on the wall on the left hand side of the pick but if you lookat my first 2 posts there is another flats same height as mine very close to there so i'd prob have to put it at window level. I wanted to put it in the middle of the 4 windows on the left hand side

Thanks

Going by that picture that will not work, the wall will block signal, your only option there is a pole on T&K brakets up over that roof, there is no where for the dish to move going by that pic, there seems to be only enough clearance for Astra 2 let alone moving it west to Astra 1 etc, you will be able to go further east IE hellasat and Turksat but unless you put something on either the roof or that bit of wall sticking out to the left your not going to get any further west

Bad move mate. Eagle does not like the Technomate 2200 or any of the Moteck sg2100 clones it won't move the dish, You will need a dark motor. It may move it with good quality cable but it won't budge with CT100, check what type of cable you are getting but change the motor if you can, Stab or Darkmotor are fine

eagle is a clone of dreambox m8, as long as either USALS or DiSEqC1.2 is set up properly itll work, the dark motor is a cheaper clone of the now industry standard of motors, such as the technomate 2200 and moteck 2100, and fortec star, theres a post here somewhere where i found the source of the dark motors ;). CT100 is one of the best quality cables for home use, its CAI benchmarked, unlike RG6 that most satellite places supply

an 80 cm dish will pick up the sats you want m8, maybe a bit touchy on 16E though. ENSURE you set limits on the dish though, as you dont want it going past 1W and crashing into the wall. the signal will fly over the top of that roof, i have flats less than 12' in front of my dish, and the dish is under a tree, and get it with no problems, looking at the sky dishes you should fly that m8 ;)

Last edited:
is the stab motor by technomate? did a search on ebay and found several for about £44 inc p&p but saw a Dark motor for £49. should i just go for that?

is the stab motor by technomate? did a search on ebay and found several for about £44 inc p&p but saw a Dark motor for £49. should i just go for that?

No a Stab motor is a different thing all together, It has the stub facing upwards rather than downwards

No a Stab motor is a different thing all together, It has the stub facing upwards rather than downwards

Just bought a Dark Motor for £49 inc p&p

Need to get dish/mount/cable/LNB now so i can get this fitted on the weekend. well atleast on the wall and all cable fitted. then its a case of getting a good signal :FRIGHT:

eagle is a clone of dreambox m8, as long as either USALS or DiSEqC1.2 is set up properly itll work, the dark motor is a cheaper clone of the now industry standard of motors, such as the technomate 2200 and moteck 2100, and fortec star, theres a post here somewhere where i found the source of the dark motors ;). CT100 is one of the best quality cables for home use, its CAI benchmarked, unlike RG6 that most satellite places supply

an 80 cm dish will pick up the sats you want m8, maybe a bit touchy on 16E though. ENSURE you set limits on the dish though, as you dont want it going past 1W and crashing into the wall. the signal will fly over the top of that roof, i have flats less than 12' in front of my dish, and the dish is under a tree, and get it with no problems, looking at the sky dishes you should fly that m8 ;)

I've had a DM500 and an Eagel, both failed to shift my motor and i'm using CT100, My other TM's shift it fine, so i presume the DM500 and clones don't have enough power to shift these 2100/2200's

here you go m8

tumdo7.jpg

thats 0.8W off your house, itll see over the roof no problems, and all of the satellites to the east as well, as long as the eves dont hang over by more than 12-15" itll be fine on the tripod mount that comes with the dish, otherwise youll need 24" T&K brackets to clear the eves m8

you can get a forteck star motor (the best of H-H ones) cheaper than a darkmotor from http://signaltech.eurosky.co.uk

I've had a DM500 and an Eagel, both failed to shift my motor and i'm using CT100, My other TM's shift it fine, so i presume the DM500 and clones don't have enough power to shift these 2100/2200's

sounds like a 500 clone m8, the things that let these down (badly) is the power supplies. the cheaper motors have smaller driving motors inside them, so require less current, but do fail under stress due to the gear ratios being different. the technomates have built in switch mode power supplies so its not an issue with them

I was worried about the dish crahsing into the wall i was going to set my eagle box so i doesnt have any sats from 1w. Is there anything else i can do to stop it hitting the wall?

Will an L shaped Bracket with the dish on the right hand side be fine? (550mm one)? ill make sure screw in top right hand cover of bracket is unable to move counter clock wise to stop it rotating the bracket over a period of time

sounds like a 500 clone m8, the things that let these down (badly) is the power supplies. the cheaper motors have smaller driving motors inside them, so require less current, but do fail under stress due to the gear ratios being different. the technomates have built in switch mode power supplies so its not an issue with them

Should i have went for a TM2200 then instea dof dark motor?

on the motor, you should see an allen key type screw holding the 'pipe' onto it, ondo this and theres 2 sliders inside, an east and a west one, slide the west one to the limit you need and put it all back together

Should i have went for a TM2200 then instea dof dark motor?

soz m8, should have explained a bit better, the technomate receivers have better power supplies than the cloned dreambox receivers.

you can always upgrade the power supply for your eagle box, i have a PSU from a broken LCD TV running one of my clone 500s

soz m8, should have explained a bit better, the technomate receivers have better power supplies than the cloned dreambox receivers.

you can always upgrade the power supply for your eagle box, i have a PSU from a broken LCD TV running one of my clone 500s

the one i have seems pretty decent it gives off 2000mA and 12v? i had a 12v 500mA that i tried and it wouldnt even loads channels it just turn off

that 2000mA should be fine i imagine?

here you are tT lol, the right street this time ;)

tumlt3.jpg
, but same info as before with regards to the limits etc m8

the power supply with my original dreambox 500 also states 12v 2.0A (=2000mA) but i have heard many reports of the power supplies that come with the clones not being able to supply the current thats they are meant to be rated at, i too tried one rated at about 350-500 mA, wouldnt even power the LNB lol

what you think about that will it be fine too?

how do you work it out? i can move green bit around and then it chnages H and D

do i have to just work out if the height of the thing im tying to get over is lower than what it says as the H= on the green flag?

so form that pic ive attached it has to be no higher than 10.4m form the base of my dish on the wall?

what voltage and mA is that old LCD TV cable giving out? if things dont seem to work ill se about upgrading mine

m8 the roof opposite is miles away, you wont get any problems from that, like i said, my dish points straight at a roof about 4M away, and its under a tree, there is a picture of it on here somewhere but i cant find it lol

your best bet is to try the power supply first, if it lets you down then look into getting a replacement one

dd

Thanks for all the help so far

The big day tomorrow though so im trying to gather as much knowledge as possible so i dont make an ar$e of it

Most articles say to set the dish to pointing to South and then goto the box and tell it to goto 1w

can i just maually set it to 1w using a sat finder (cheap one off ebay) and then tell it to goto 13e once its tuned in and itll move to it?

Ive got a Eagle Linux Box and ive set it up now so that its setup for multiple dishes and ive only added the ones i want to the sat list in settings

Would i just put the BBC World Channel on the box and then once ive got a good signal just select a channel from 13e and itll move?

also Digidude you know of a good guide on how to set my motor so i doesnt crash into my wall? just need a few pics or something

or do i have to set it to Due South and then go to the box and tell it too move to 1w

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help so far

The big day tomorrow though so im trying to gather as much knowledge as possible so i dont make an ar$e of it

Most articles say to set the dish to pointing to South and then goto the box and tell it to goto 1w

can i just maually set it to 1w using a sat finder (cheap one off ebay) and then tell it to goto 13e once its tuned in and itll move to it?

Ive got a Eagle Linux Box and ive set it up now so that its setup for multiple dishes and ive only added the ones i want to the sat list in settings

Would i just put the BBC World Channel on the box and then once ive got a good signal just select a channel from 13e and itll move?

or do i have to set it to Due South and then go to the box and tell it too move to 1w

You've got it wrong for a start, you don't set it at south and goto 1w, you set it up on 1w. Once thats done, you send it to 28e, if any problems there you need to adjust the dish elevation to get the best signal strenght you can, then goto 30w or the most westerly sat you can get, and if all is not fine there you need to tinker with the motor elevation, you just have to compromise between dish elevation and motor elevation until you get best possible signal

click the help link in my siggy, then how to install a motorised dish m8

the easiest way is

put it all up, making sure everythings straight, set your lat/lon settings on the receiver, then tell it to go to 1W, then line up the dish to 1W, once you have 1W then you know the motor is near dead south as your let/lon settings calculate how far to turn the motor from due south to find the satellite ;)

your receiver shouldnt be setup for multiple dishes, it should be on complex setup/many sats via diseqc rotor, then put a cross in the 'gotoXX' box and enter your lat/lon

Back