My Custom HTPC

zad

Inactive User
Reaction score
After having a read around and seeing some one asking for an old dead amp I got to thinking.

I have a Denon 2802 under the bed! oh and a tower that hasn't been used in a little while so this is what I am doing.

The Front.
P1010006.jpg

The Back.
P1010007.jpg

The Inside. Omg how dusty does the inside get... I personally blame the Mrs dirty cow said she always cleaned... :lesson:
P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

All the bits removed. Btw I will be starting a for sale thread if anyone is in need of any bits...
P1010011.jpg

The space I have to work with..
P1010013.jpg

Pc bits placed need to do some adjustments.
P1010016.jpg

P1010017.jpg

I need to get or borrow a dremel so I can cut a few bits off the HDD caddy as its touching the Mobo in that position. And i need to take the back off my old tower for the openings etc.

I have not done any thing for the dvd slot yet but i am thinking of removing the front bit (where the LCD is) and when the dvd is ejected the whole thing
will come forward.

Any suggestions/comments always welcome and if anyone has any tips for what I can use the knobs for etc please let me know :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Posted this on Av forums but thought you might like it on here also :)

You're a nutter pal, I love the design :Clap:

There are plenty of CD/DVD options that you can consider. I'd be inclined to chuck a slimline DVD player, something like this could be used to house it.

I wish I had time to do some research for you on how to get the best out of those volume and other controls, I'm sure the integration process wouldn't be too difficult to execute but I fear there will be plenty of head scratching between now and then.

Keep us posted on how you get one and thanks for sharing.

Well the buttons under the Function knob will be used for the power, and reset buttons...

The LEDs for on etc I think I will use for the well On, HDD etc.

I think the knobs are not going to get used tbh only thing I could think of was for the fan control but it's going to have plenty of cooling as the case is designed for passive cooling so in theory I shouldn't need to add a fan!!

And also the dvd hmm most of my movies are downloaded ;) and any dvd's I have will get ripped to iso so might not need one. Is there a decent DVB-S card I could use instead of buying a stand alone?? one that will grab HD channels etc need to look into that also seeing cable will be no more soon...

I'd have the whole front lit up on that beast!

I've just started out in the world of Sat so can't really advise on a decent sat card, one of the other lads will have to help you out on that mate. But for cable you can use this card and it will do basiclay what a Dreambox can do. It costs around £40 and is quite simple to set up. It will probably be redundant come Easter though, damn nara3.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind a sat PC card in my server, I think I'll do some research myself..

I'd have the whole front lit up on that beast!

I've just started out in the world of Sat so can't really advise on a decent sat card, one of the other lads will have to help you out on that mate. But for cable you can use this card and it will do basiclay what a Dreambox can do. It costs around £40 and is quite simple to set up. It will probably be redundant come Easter though, damn nara3.

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind a sat PC card in my server, I think I'll do some research myself..

See i dont like all the lights etc I have my displays turned to dim only lights I am looking forward to are from the ambilight when I get round to buying one....

Managed to blag a dremel so now I have the means to cut the metal out just need to wait for the weekend and hope the weather is good to me :) she will kill me if I go cutting stuff in the kitchen :(

I take it the rain held you back? Either that or you're the proud owner of some new scrap metal.

I take it the rain held you back? Either that or you're the proud owner of some new scrap metal.

LOL no I got it cut out :) and everything is in place. The back plate is a pain I cant seem to solder it together I thought you could solder alloy to alloy :(

psu just fits I have to get the leds soldered on the front and see if I can pic up a cheap LCD for the front but tbh not that fussed about that at the moment.

Just had a dvi to hdmi dropped off so I am going to plug it in to my amp tomorrow night see what it looks like pic wise if not happy then I will go get a new gfx card the ATI HD look good cheap too :)

I am on the look out for a cheap wireless multi media keyboard with touch pad or the like :)

I will try and get some more pics when I get it out tomorrow or thursday :)

Look forward to the updates mate, this is one wacky project.

Back