Motorised & Static Dish Set-Up

dantis

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a multi-dish set-up as well as a motorised dish currently running through my Openbox S10, all working fine, however, I cannot get it to work properly with my TM5402HD M3, this is what I have:

I have a Diseqc 4.1 being fed by: port 1 - 28.2E, port 2 - 26E, port 3 - 27.5W, port 4 - motorised dish
I have set-up the Diseqc values in the satellites set-up menu, all okay, however, I only want the dish to move when selecting a satellite on port 4, what is happening is that if I select 28.2E I receive the signal via port 1 BUT the motorised dish moves to 28.2E as well, likewise with 26E and 27.5W, in the motorised settings menu you can set motor to on or off but this seems to affect all the ports, hence if I select 28.2E motor off, when you scroll to one of the port 4 satellites, 13E for example, the dish won't move because the motor is off.

On the Openbox you can select the motor on/off for each port of the Diseqc, how do I disable the motor for Ports 1,2 and 3 and have it active for port 4 only?

Okay posted this problem on the TM community forum and it appears that you have to have the diseqc before the motor and not after it because you cannot select motor on/off independently for each satellite.

Not an ideal solution.

Search for a thread by Robbo called "Settings for using DiSEqC motor and DiSEqC switch with TM1000 series"

Sorry can't post link to to another forum.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it was uploaded here somwehere.

Last edited:
Manic01 has sent me the link directly, thank you.

I can confirm success!!!!

For those of you that are interested here is the fix:

1) Set your diseqc as required i.e. port 1 - 28.2E (fixed dish), port 2 - 26E (fixed dish), port 3 - 27.5W (fixed dish) and port 4 - motorised dish.
2) In motorised settings set to USALS (or diseqc 1.2), I am using USALS, this will set all satellites to motorised settings.
3) Save the channel list to a USB stick.
4) Put the USB stick in your PC and open the channel list in a channel editor, I use NDFEdit 1.69.
5) Select each fixed dish satellite and change the 'DiSEqC Positioner Level' to OFF, the motorised satellites do not need to be changed.
6) Save the changes and exit.
7) Put the USB stick back into the receiver and upload the ammended channel list.
8) Voila!!

Now each fixed dish satellite does not move as USALS is set to off, only the motorised satellites move the dish.

A very simple and easy fix, surely the TM s/w needs to be updated to allow users to do this via the GUI.

Thank you to everyone, especially manic that helped me overcome this annoying problem.

Should just add that if you change anything in the motorised settings you have to go through the above each time.

Last edited:
Back