Motorised dish set-up

I must say lads.. The quality and speed of replies is top notch...
Thanks for all your input so far..
Hope its not raining this evening so i can have another crack at the setup..
Just one more thing..
After i have set up everything,digi you say to point toward thor and use the goto in usuals.. The only way i can get a lock on that satellite is if i change thor frequency to 11325 and not the default frequency in the set-up menu..Is this correct?
Right chat Ye later
BTW techie where in ireland are you from?

its possible to setup a system bang on using just the balkanika channel on 16E, but you have to be confident that your pole is straight

why this channel m8!

or is this explained in your tutorial?

Hi Psham,

I am fairly new at this game as well but I managed to solve a few of the problems you mentioned. You say that you can get some satellites with readings on your signal strength meter and others with no reading on the meter. When you have a satellite with no reading on the meter try and search the transponders. It may be that the first transponderis inactive hence no reading on the meter. I also discovered that the Declination angls sometimes needs to be tweaked a little bit to get a good ark. I hope this helps

well lads,
Didn't get a chance to get back up the ladder over the weekend, hopefully this evening weather permitting..
One thing, When you position the dish due south from ireland, whats the difference from magnetic south?

HI FAther Paul..
When you say Declination angles, is this the movement of the dish face up and down?

why this channel m8!

or is this explained in your tutorial?

as 16E is positioned exactly the same small distance between 2 much stronger satellites, if the dish is off slightly youll get interference from either of the other 2, balkanika is pretty weak, and will show pixelation a long time before a lot of other channels on that satellite, and its free, so once you know you have the arc by checking 42E, 1W, 30W you can fine tune the dish to ensure its spot on

Right,
I think i'm going to tear my hair out...
I have started from scratch.. My pole is now vertical(exactly).. Tried to get thor but it will not pick it up if transponder is a default 11.093.. If i change transponder to 11.293 i can get a lock.. now i then used usals to try and get astra 28.8 to no avail.. What am i doing wrong....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hi Psham

Sorry I was getting things a bit back side first I meant the elevation angle. This is the angle you need to set the motor to get the correct ark across the horizon. The decalation angle is the angle you minus from the dish bracket angle. The point is that you may have to alter the angle of the motor slightly and if you do this you will need to alter the dish bracket angle also. eg if you tilt the motor bracket up you will need to tilt the dish bracket down the same amount. It just takes time to get it right. I followed the instructions I received with my motor but it still needed tweeking. I also discovered that the mounting pole needs to be dead plumb. I had three goes before I got that right.

Hope this is helpful

Well i'm sure you'd all like to know i got it all to work perfectly last night..
Thanks for all your input techi, digi and fr paul..
An eye opened i can tell you, but enjoyed it...
:BLOBBY::BLOBBY::BLOBBY::BLOBBY:

Back