modmii

yorkie1

Member ++
Reaction score
right first thanks for all your help yesturday
i have know used modmii to mod my wii
but put in mario party disc in and clicked on the disc channel and it asks me to update what do i do

should have i updtaed the wii before doing the modmii
or am i doing something worg should i be booting the game up in the disc channel or is there something i have missed ?####

cheers for any help yorkie1

when you used modmii it should have asked what version wii you have and which version firmware you want the wii to go on....

best to select 4.3 then you shouldnt be asked to do updates...

also you have should have priloader installed.

one option on it is to block online/disk updates

it did ask me i chossed the firmware installed on the wii at the time which was 4.2e
but when i go into priloader
the menu comes up white like i watched on you tube tutorial but when i got to the setiings part to enable the do not updat and other stuff it says cant be found

do u think i should update from the disc and then start again on the updated firmeware and if so is it safe to do ?

cheers for your help

when i hold my rest button down it launches into my priloader menu but when i i go system menu hacks it says cant find FAT:/apps/priiloader/hacks_hash.ini
cant find hacks_hash.ini on nand

ist this where i boot games from or am i completeley wrong

pri loader files should be on sd card. (at leasst thats where mine are)

i dont think i would do a disk update as you have a chipped wii.

i would run modmii again and select to upgrade the wii to 4.3.
also reinstal priloader...

Ok cheers I will do that but I think it asked what software version I have on the wii not to upgrade the wii but will have another go
Should the games just boot from disc channel then if all is ok

yep, modmii will ask what version wii you have and what version you want to upgrade/downgrade to.

if you pick 4.3 then the wii will be up to date and the game shouldn't ask to upgrade.

make sure with priloader though and block updates.

also if it is a "back-up" disk you are testing, there should be scrubbed version around which doesn't have the update....

When you download/burn Wii games run the ISO file through Wii Update Manager first, it takes less than 30 seconds, this will remove any update files from the ISO image before you burn it.

Accidents can happen. :)

dont know whats happened i think the discs are naked burnt 4 discs at 4x
and all coming up cant read disc error
pulling my hair out know
would i be better getting hard drive and enclosure and doing it that way and if so which one will support everything looked on the compatability chart and therss seems to be a load any advice greatly appreciated

thatnks yorkie1

harddrive is the best way to go...

ive done a few of these and always buy the cheapest 1tb mains powered harddrive i can find.
never had any problems.

i think alot of the compatabilty issues are down to to usb powered harddrives not getting enough juice to run correctly from the wii...

i burnt a few disks in the beginning.

wii's seem to be very picky (new wii's cant play dvd backups at all)

i got best success by burining using image burn at 4xspeed on dvd-r's (dvd+r's just wouldnt work for me at all)

What hard drive and USB enclosure would u recommend and it's possible to use my old copied games to drop on the hard rive as images or do I need original games all, the time

What hard drive and USB enclosure would u recommend and it's possible to use my old copied games to drop on the hard rive as images or do I need original games all, the time

Back