missing drivers

seanicca

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wiped an old HP laptop and re installed win7 on it. Booted up and the Wi-Fi drivers are missing, I've tried downloading a few different ones but still not working. Is there anything I can do or should I just give up on it? I only wanted for kids to mess about on so I'm not too bothered if its knackered

thanks

could always try running a linux version either installed or live cd never fails me for internet if need be

My experiance with HP has been generally good. I recently had to wipe my 1 year old Spectre after a 'system restore' went horribly wrong. Re-installed win10 with the MCT and after 2 or 3 re-boots it had automatically re-installed all the original drivers and is now running better (quicker & cooler) than it has for months.

The best way I know to get a driver when you have no clue about the brand or model of the device is:
- Go to Device manager
- Right click on Unknown Device, then Properties
- Go to Details tab, and select Hardware IDs on scroll list
- Check the value, copy and paste on Google, Google will show you the device brand and model

Now you can go to device maker website and download the correct driver manually.

This is just for use as a last resource in extremely rare occasions.

Just wiped an old HP laptop and re installed win7 on it. Booted up and the Wi-Fi drivers are missing, I've tried downloading a few different ones but still not working. Is there anything I can do or should I just give up on it? I only wanted for kids to mess about on so I'm not too bothered if its knackered

thanks
There are programs as "driver talent" or "device doctor" that it detects computer´s drivers, it downloads and updates them.

Back